Good Guys Wear Black Reviews

• Nov 11, 2018

Pretty hokey. Not the bad kind of good, just bad. Like a TV movie. Very few fight scenes.

• Jul 03, 2018

Plot line centers on Vietnam ex-commando, John T. Booker (Chuck Norris) along with his army chum, Murray Saunders (Lloyd Haynes) has just learned that each of the 5 remaining commando unit of the "Black" Tigers-hence the movie title, are being picked off one by one, which the answers may lead to the top. Movie veteran Dana Andrews has a small roll as one of the aids of the Secretary of State.

• Feb 14, 2017

Chuck joutuu poliittisen kähminnän keskiöön!

Chuck joutuu poliittisen kähminnän keskiöön!

• Oct 10, 2016

Good Guys Wear Black 1978, Norris's second film in the lead role and a hint of what's to come for Chuck, very solid movie. Norris now has a moustache signifying his gradual growth of the legendary facial hair we all know and love. Everyone loves the wimdshield kick and this at least has more frequent action than Breaker! Breaker! 1977.

• Sep 25, 2015

Not a bad film, but I have definitely seen better Chuck Norris movies. But I have to say that the scene where Chuck Norris kicks his way through the windshield of the car was pretty damn awesome and is definitely a memorable scene.

• Mar 18, 2015

A big step up from Breaker Breaker. This one, while featuring less martial arts has a better story and better acting.

• Feb 17, 2015

You practical son of a bitch. John T. Booker is a former special units officer that has discovered his former military colleagues are getting executed. He decides to begin an investigation to determine who is behind the killings. He will partner with old friends to bring down the villain. "I like choppers. They're like birds." Ted Post, director of Beneath the Planet of the Apes, Magnum Force, Gunsmoke, Yuma, Five Desperate Women, Night Slave, and The Baby, delivers Good Guys Wear Black. The storyline for this picture is fairly flimsy and felt too contrived. The action scenes were fairly average and the acting was worse. The cast includes Chuck Norris, Anne Archer, Dana Andrews, Jim Backus, and James Franciscus. "Please don't ask. I'm almost certain I'll lie." I came across this on Netflix and decided to give it a shot. This action film is a classic in name only. I was very disappointed with this action movie and was hoping it would get better. This is a disappointing film and isn't really worth your time. "I have always been rather clumsy." Grade: C-

• Dec 01, 2014

Back in 1973, one United States Senator Conrad Morgan (James Franciscus), the chief delegate diplomat in negotiating the terms of the end of Vietnam War, made a deal in Paris, France with Kuong Yen, the North Vietnamese negotiator. The deal called for Yen to release certain key CIA POWs in exchange for Morgan setting up a death-trap for an elite group of CIA assassins, known as the Black Tigers. The treaty signed, the Black Tigers were sent into the jungles of 'Nam to their unknowing demise, under the guise that they were on mission to liberate American POWs. However, the truly important thing to understand is that the negotiators failed to realize one thing: the commando's team leader was one Major John T. Booker (Chuck Norris). So, needless to say and despite all odds, Booker survives. As do the four men wise enough to have remained in his general vicinity. Five years after returning from Vietnam, Booker, now living in Los Angeles, California, with a hobby of race car-driving, is now working as a political science professor at UCLA. During one of his lectures a bright young female reporter joins in, Margaret (Anne Archer), who starts asking some very specific questions about the botched rescue mission. It seems that someone is slowly killing all the surviving members of the special forces team. Booker is suddenly thrown back into his past when Morgan's appointment as Secretary of State spurs Yen to blackmail his ex-negotiations buddy into making good on his unfinished deal: the extermination of the Black Tigers... "Good Guys Wear Black" is a reasonably action packed 70´s B-thriller, but not over the top as you would normally see in a Chuck Norris movie. We have a conspiracy thriller foundation in this movie, that goes over into classic Chuck Norris martial art action or sequences at times. But, I think the balance between the dialogue driven structure and the action is pretty ok. The movie is actually well shot cinematography wise most of the running time, but it has it flaws for sure. Even the most famous scene when Booker jumps into the windscreen of a car you can see without problems it´s not Norris doing the stunt. For being a Chuck Norris (hardly the best actor in Hollywood) movie, I must say it´s not too bad. I saw this many years ago, and it was kind of fun to re-see it again. And it was a pleasure to see how striking and beautiful Anne Archer was back then.

• Jul 12, 2014

More political thriller than martial arts adventure, but Chuck Norris in a full body ski suit is always good for unintentional comedy.

• Jun 15, 2013

Un bon Chuck magnifié par le doublage français qui, par moment, vaut bien La Classe Américaine.