Good Guys Wear Black - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Good Guys Wear Black Reviews

October 10, 2016
Good Guys Wear Black 1978, Norris's second film in the lead role and a hint of what's to come for Chuck, very solid movie. Norris now has a moustache signifying his gradual growth of the legendary facial hair we all know and love. Everyone loves the wimdshield kick and this at least has more frequent action than Breaker! Breaker! 1977.
½ September 26, 2015
Not a bad film, but I have definitely seen better Chuck Norris movies. But I have to say that the scene where Chuck Norris kicks his way through the windshield of the car was pretty damn awesome and is definitely a memorable scene.
March 18, 2015
A big step up from Breaker Breaker. This one, while featuring less martial arts has a better story and better acting.
February 17, 2015
You practical son of a bitch.

John T. Booker is a former special units officer that has discovered his former military colleagues are getting executed. He decides to begin an investigation to determine who is behind the killings. He will partner with old friends to bring down the villain.

"I like choppers. They're like birds."

Ted Post, director of Beneath the Planet of the Apes, Magnum Force, Gunsmoke, Yuma, Five Desperate Women, Night Slave, and The Baby, delivers Good Guys Wear Black. The storyline for this picture is fairly flimsy and felt too contrived. The action scenes were fairly average and the acting was worse. The cast includes Chuck Norris, Anne Archer, Dana Andrews, Jim Backus, and James Franciscus.

"Please don't ask. I'm almost certain I'll lie."

I came across this on Netflix and decided to give it a shot. This action film is a classic in name only. I was very disappointed with this action movie and was hoping it would get better. This is a disappointing film and isn't really worth your time.

"I have always been rather clumsy."

Grade: C-
December 1, 2014
Back in 1973, one United States Senator Conrad Morgan (James Franciscus), the chief delegate diplomat in negotiating the terms of the end of Vietnam War, made a deal in Paris, France with Kuong Yen, the North Vietnamese negotiator. The deal called for Yen to release certain key CIA POWs in exchange for Morgan setting up a death-trap for an elite group of CIA assassins, known as the Black Tigers. The treaty signed, the Black Tigers were sent into the jungles of 'Nam to their unknowing demise, under the guise that they were on mission to liberate American POWs. However, the truly important thing to understand is that the negotiators failed to realize one thing: the commando's team leader was one Major John T. Booker (Chuck Norris). So, needless to say and despite all odds, Booker survives. As do the four men wise enough to have remained in his general vicinity. Five years after returning from Vietnam, Booker, now living in Los Angeles, California, with a hobby of race car-driving, is now working as a political science professor at UCLA. During one of his lectures a bright young female reporter joins in, Margaret (Anne Archer), who starts asking some very specific questions about the botched rescue mission. It seems that someone is slowly killing all the surviving members of the special forces team. Booker is suddenly thrown back into his past when Morgan's appointment as Secretary of State spurs Yen to blackmail his ex-negotiations buddy into making good on his unfinished deal: the extermination of the Black Tigers...

"Good Guys Wear Black" is a reasonably action packed 70´s B-thriller, but not over the top as you would normally see in a Chuck Norris movie. We have a conspiracy thriller foundation in this movie, that goes over into classic Chuck Norris martial art action or sequences at times. But, I think the balance between the dialogue driven structure and the action is pretty ok. The movie is actually well shot cinematography wise most of the running time, but it has it flaws for sure. Even the most famous scene when Booker jumps into the windscreen of a car you can see without problems it´s not Norris doing the stunt. For being a Chuck Norris (hardly the best actor in Hollywood) movie, I must say it´s not too bad. I saw this many years ago, and it was kind of fun to re-see it again. And it was a pleasure to see how striking and beautiful Anne Archer was back then.
½ July 12, 2014
More political thriller than martial arts adventure, but Chuck Norris in a full body ski suit is always good for unintentional comedy.
May 26, 2014
Bad Acting. Not enough action to justify wasting your time.
June 15, 2013
Un bon Chuck magnifié par le doublage français qui, par moment, vaut bien La Classe Américaine.
May 15, 2013
Chuck Norris teaches an ambitious beaurocrat the hard way that US soldiers are not expendable for his self-serving diplomatic purposes. Some of Norris' best moves, with spectacular scene of Chuck delivering flying kick thru winshield of a moving car. A great poster too.
½ March 7, 2013
A bit too long and somewhat lame action movie with Chuck Norris doing his best in trying to act seriously but not being that convincing. This brought lots of action, thrills, suspense and good fights.
My favourite scene is outside the airport where the hired assassin was taken out after Booker's girlfriend (Anne Archer) was killed in the plane bomb and Booker (Norris) went after him before he got into the Toyota Celica, and tried to run over Booker. In which Booker returned and delivered the awesome flying dropkick to the windshield killing the assassin. I later found out that the stunt was done by his brother Aaron.
deano
½ February 17, 2013
October 31, 2012
This movie sucks. Oh, hey Chuck...what are you gonna do with them nunchucks? Chuck?.....OUCH! .....This movie is great!
½ October 28, 2012
Chuck Norris was so suave in the 70's and 80's. Love it. I think it was because he was friends with Steve McQueen.

2010 Movies: 11
October 27, 2012
Chuck Norris shows he is capable in the lead role as a member of the Black Tigers who are set up by the US government on a phony 1973 Vietnam rescue mission with survivors being killed five years later. A sign of greater things to come for Norris.
August 10, 2012
John T. Booker Chuck Norris) is a Vietnam veteran who finds out that several of his army buddies lost their lives in a mission that was intended to fail from the beginning. Seeking the reason behind his comrades unanswered deaths, Booker quits his job as a high school teacher in order to track down the last surviving members of his unit. In the midst of a plethora of martial arts, gunfire, and explosions, Booker discovers that his buddies are being systematically murdered by sinister forces, orchestrated by a crooked and politically untouchable politician.

also stars Anne Archer, James Franciscus, Lloyd Hanes, Dana Andrews, Jim Backus, Joe Bennett, Jerry Douglas and Anthony Mannino.

directed by Ted Post.
June 29, 2012
Chuck Norris is awesome!!!
May 23, 2012
LOVE CHUCK,ALWAYS THE HERO THAT GETS THE VILLIAN.
August 11, 2011
The star of this movie is unattractive beige living rooms and kitchens. Oh and Chuck Norris kicks people and walks away a lot. As always his movie somehow incorporate Nam and people dont care. Snooze fest without enough action.
July 10, 2011
An Early Role For Chuck, See's Him & His Team Of Secret CIA Operatives Being Set-Up In 1972, Now 5 Years Later, The Survivors Of The Mission Are Being Killed Off. An Enjoyable Movie, With A Storyline Not So Original. Guy Gets Set-Up, Guy Gets Revenge. But Still Worth A Watch
½ September 26, 2010
Not enough action. A few good scenes does not make up for the large gaps of talking and exposition. A thin plot and heavy handed message really cheese it up. I saved this one for later because I thought it was better than the rest, but I was wrong.