A Good Man in Africa - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Good Man in Africa Reviews

½ August 6, 2014
What were Connery and Rigg thinking when they signed up for this rubbish?
November 2, 2011
Watch it for free on online :)
jjnxn
June 16, 2011
Adequate nothing more. Wastes a lot of good actors chief among them Diana Rigg and Sean Connery.
½ March 17, 2011
I think it was hilarious. It made fun of both the British and African sides tastefully. If you have a light enough heart to enjoy a feel good movie with some little hidden gems of knowledge this is it.
November 9, 2010
It just doesn't work in the 21st c. This is about the 'old africa', colonial, paternalistic and patronising. The knowledge that it was all effectively true, and that life has deteriorated for the people left behind in independent former colonies to either desparation and violence, or excessive ostentatious wealth on a scale which makes the colonial regime's selective opulence look modest, is disconcerting.
So maybe a good book, but an incorrect film. Lacks message and does not inform. Better to have made an out-and-out farce. No-one's going to watch it anyway.
January 25, 2010
Although the book is much better than the film, it's worth a look !
November 15, 2009
This had a lot more potential if there was an actual point to it. The storyline doesn't have much structure to it and the film ends without anything actually getting done or resolved. The comedy moments and performances alone are not enough to make this worth while.
March 31, 2009
Sean Connery nos ofrece una decente actuacion en esta cinta acerca de un doctor britanico que se interna en el Africa. Suena aburrido? Es mejor de lo que parece.
March 4, 2009
Lithgow once again shows his acting versatility.
November 22, 2008
Mildly humorous story with entertaining characters but.... not much point. Sorry to say.
February 20, 2008
god damn, the main character sucked, 2 recent reviews shows how bad this movie is, haha, what a garbage peice of shit, again Sean Connery is the shit, but not even he could save this peice of crap
February 5, 2008
I want this one for my own collection! Brings back memories of Africa, Haiti, and elsewhere. A bitingly funny indictment of a lot of colonial/post-colonial life in Africa. I love Sean Connery's character the most as he is hardest on the whites (diplomats, business types, etc.) This synopsis ought to read "deep in the heart of Africa the 'muzungus' [whites] practice bizarre rituals."
January 29, 2008
I don't recall enough about this movie to rate it
January 17, 2008
sean Connery is 5* actor
January 4, 2008
Well, to continue my vicariously-through-Chris-Maloney interest in Africa and vicariously-through-Lyra interest in the Foreign Service, I thought this would be good. It ended up being pretty darn awful, as evidenced by one not even being able to rent it on Netflix or Blockbuster. Somehow the guy who no one's ever heard of played the lead and had his name above Sean Connery in the credits. Don't even bother watching this movie. Way too much overacting. :(
November 26, 2007
Terribly boring, not even Sean Connery can make this a bearable watch.
terris85017
October 27, 2007
Sean Connery & Louis Gosset too! Must be a good movie!!