Good Neighbors - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Good Neighbors Reviews

½ January 29, 2015
What a bunch of annoying asses! Could have been better with a more delicate planning in writing.
½ October 23, 2014
If you love Hitchcock, you'll love this one
September 15, 2014
Nicely shot and paced, intriguing thriller
August 12, 2014
Pretty decent "for a Canadian film". It has its share of plot holes, but much of this is covered by the sheer quirkiness of the characters. One of the more compelling traits of the best Canadian films is that the characters are hardly cookie-cutter. Louise, especially, is an onion with many layers. Scott Speedman as Spencer is perhaps the one that is a little too on the nose, especially considering the complexities evident in the script. Jay Baruchel is odd, as always, but much more straightforward and believable than in his more outlandish comedic appearances. The movie has a nice tone to it, but it will not be everyone's cup of tea. The audience spends a good amount of time wondering where the movie is going, but then it gets there awfully fast, skipping some obvious milestones. If you want to catch some Canadian cinema, you could do a lot worse.
August 5, 2014
Interesting film. Not exactly a must see but kinda creeps you out when you think about how horrible the people living right next door can be without you knowing.
March 6, 2014
A wicked little black comedy.
½ February 15, 2014
This was pretty painful to watch
February 9, 2014
A tense, well-acted, dramatic thriller, Good Neighbors follows three people in an apartment while a killer is on the lose in the neighborhood. As suspicions begin to mount, Good Neighbors never quite goes in the directions you expect and keeps you always guessing.
January 16, 2014
Without a doubt the most perfectly disturbing movie I've viewed in a long time. A screen play mixed with serial killings, lust, love, lies, sex, and manipulation. Acting is slightly above mediocre but the suspense will capture your attention til the end. Everyone is the bad guy but someone will prevail as the worst.
½ December 30, 2013
Extremely underrated. Extremely well made. Extremely entertaining.
December 26, 2013
a disturbing thriller that keeps you hooked, mostly because of the characters, until the it's ending.
December 6, 2013
I enjoyed this because of the clever playfulness despite the nature of its content- this movie is about the cat playing with its mice. It has its twists but the real twist is not what you expect. You see one coming from the very beginning of the movie and they are not subtle with the clues at ALL, which leaves movie watchers like me annoyed because I've watched movies where they expect it to be a subtle twist but it isn't. You are SUPPOSED to guess that one and when it's revealed to one neighbor that it wasn't a secret at all it's hilarious because he realizes that HE was the one toyed with and has no clue how to react. This movie doesn't play out till the very end and it is very coy once you realize that the cat plays it so that it wins either way and the cat doesn't always play nice.
½ October 19, 2013
None of the characters are likable, and the movie leaves you with some unanswered questions....
September 6, 2013
This is a pretty damn amusing indie thriller that relies heavily on its characters rather than the whodunit as you typically see in these films. The movie also has a pretty dark sense of humor. The movie also explores the psychological side to these characters and their various issues they face. So it's a really well-made, well-written movie. At first glance, this movie doesn't really reveal that it could've been as nasty and bloody as it was, and that added a surprising little touch to the movie, especially if you're not expecting it. The acting is pretty damn good and they do a good job at subverting typical thriller tropes. Perhaps they don't subvert them in a way that revolutionizes the genre, but they do a good job nonetheless, because the movie never played out the way I was expecting, outside of maybe who the serial murderer actually was. And that's always a good thing in this type of movie. I do think the movie's climax is a little bit on the weak and anticlimactic side, but I thought overall this was a well-made film, with a intriguing little story about three very flawed people and the shitty things they do. Good movie right here.
½ July 4, 2013
A darkly funny and quirky thriller. Perhaps a tries to be a bit too clever, but entertaining nonetheless.
June 30, 2013
GOOD NEIGHBORS is an off-beat mood piece perfect for a rainy or snowy night. Consistently keeps you off guard with 3 complex central characters. You know who they are but then you don't. One totally gruesome murder that is so morbidly unexpected, you won't get over it soon. A terrific film with nifty performances including 3 amazing cats.
June 25, 2013
If you took a drink every time they said serial killer, you would be good and drunk.
½ June 14, 2013
Even though it was uneven, I enjoyed it. Reminded me of a Hitchcock movie, kinda.
½ June 13, 2013
Good as far as it went, but I figured it out to easily. I would have added another little twist at the end, which could have fit quite nicely.