The Good Student - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Good Student Reviews

October 1, 2013
A waste of my time... bad acting and terrible storyline. Sugar coated this movie was.
April 24, 2013
nothing special.. pretty boring
January 22, 2013
About as unrealistic as a Lord of the Rings film. For everything realistic there are 5 absurdities. Thankfully, this was not the "American Beauty" clone it was shaping up to be. Good cast with an under-talented director and screenwriter at the helm.
July 8, 2012
it has you flipping the perpetrator till the very end. while the acting leaves something to give but still a good show
April 5, 2012
The perfect movie to exemplify the term "middling". It's not really bad, but there's few things to make it good. The ending was kind of neat, and the way it keeps your mind flipping between potential suspects right up to the last frame was cool, but mostly it's something that looks like a bunch of friends who happen to be famous and better actors filmed over a week between more serious projects.
½ March 27, 2012
Boring, dull and no suspense to keep the viewer interested or entertained.
½ February 29, 2012
Really unsure what to say about this one. It seems to be that kind of movie you study at school for English. Popular school girl gets kidnapped. A simple synopsis. The teacher Mr Gibb(Tim Daly) has a huge obsession with this young school girl Ally (Hayden Panettiere) he witnesses her break up with her boyfriend and gives her ride home. After that she is quickly snatched and Mr Gibb becomes suspect no.1! All the way to the end its a case of who done it, was it the teacher? was it her sleazy father? or was it the dimwitted boyfriend? You don't know till the very end. The whole picture possible suffers from a depressing tone which may have something to do with being shot on a standard VHS which gives you poor picture and sometimes you can't even understand the dialogue. I don't know. The Teacher is basically the biggest loser ever and the film uses this as its tone in music, mood, everything! Its not a bad film its just not one people will rush out and see, possible you'll be channel surfing and find it and say "Nothing else is on, what the hell" If you get a chance and you like any of the cast give it a shot.
February 2, 2012
This movie is kind of like Swiss cheese. You get kind of excited about it, because who doesn't love cheese? But then you're disappointed because it's full of holes and leaves a bitter aftertaste. There was potential, but it was definitely never reached. There's not a lot of point and even less wrap-up. Pretty disappointing.
½ May 11, 2011
Average!Terrible acting!
April 13, 2011
Hayden is the only thing that this movie had to be called a movie. She isnt even that big of a character since she is kidnapped the whole film. Poorly put together and the Storyline is unoriginal.
March 11, 2011
This is not a comedy. This is not a movie starring Hayden Panettiere. This is an odd movie on the surface that seems like a simple character study. Underneath it is a dark and disturbing tale about the different people inside each one of us and how history records who we are.
March 6, 2011
The pacing is really off, the characters are poorly developed. It keeps you guessing, but not enough to care.
January 12, 2011
eh kinda disturbing at parts
December 23, 2010
boring but surprise ending
December 4, 2010
abit creepy and twisted movie
August 19, 2010
I saw it because I like these kind of movies and John Gallagher jr being in it made it easier for me to watch and I liked when hayden penitteare got kid napped and EW about her being all about the make up sex.....
August 12, 2010
This movie did nothing but drag. I think Hayden Panettiere is a terrible actress, and a story that was just boring.
½ August 4, 2010
Frustratingly slow, especially in the beginning. Kinda twisted, but amusing enough.