A Good Year - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Good Year Reviews

September 12, 2014
I loved this movie. Yes, a bit predictable but a decent story, good acting and an enchanting locale..
September 9, 2014
Russell crowe is good, but the movie is just... bleh :\
August 25, 2014
Critics are wrong about this one. It's a feel good movie if there ever was one.
August 6, 2014
Excellent. Beautiful scenery, top notch acting and delightful script. One of my favorite movies. It's one of those movies that can enjoyed again and again.
July 22, 2014
Heartwarming - tomatometer could not have been more wrong!!
½ July 5, 2014
Marion Cotillard is always a dream to watch. Great photography too.
June 25, 2014
You can see this film working very hard to try and figure out how to set the correct tone and find make the stylistic elements fit together in the right way, and that is the problem. But, that said, it is not without its charming moments, despite what seems like a rushed ending.
June 21, 2014
Boring but crow is still one of the best actors ever
½ June 19, 2014
This was pretty good, a bit of a departure for Russell Crowe and Ridley Scott as its a "charming romantic comedy" but it works. Crowe plays a London Investment banker who inherits a vineyard in France and finds his life changing for the better as he goes about the process of selling it and falling in love. Not a terribly unique story and I didn't care too much for R.C in the rom-com role, some of his scenes felt forced (the pool, driving the mini car) but it's still enjoyable, well made, amusing and has nice scenery. I did like Albert Finny and Freddie Highmore in the flashback scenes and the vineyard estate is gorgeous. A nice escape with little thought needed. Reminded me of Under A Tuscan Sun w Dianne Lane. 6/18/14
June 18, 2014
just love this movie
June 10, 2014
One of my absolutely favourite movies
½ May 30, 2014
Loved this movie. I loved the characters, I loved the story, and the acting, and the directing was superb.
May 22, 2014
It's sappy for sure, and yet, Scott's little French adventure is still likeable. Simple ethics, gorgeous vistas and a generally sunny and warm tone lead to a good taste, though its fluff prevents it from being a true vintage dramedy.
May 6, 2014
Least likeable rom com protagonist I've ever seen.
May 4, 2014
Entertaining light hearted movie. Story maybe a bit light times and could've done with some better editing. Overall an ok watch.
April 22, 2014
This movie was at it's best when it was delving into the main characters past.
½ April 21, 2014
7.5/10

It's not exactly a film one would expect from Ridley Scott, but A Good Year overcomes its occasional ventures into treacle with good performances, warm humor, and a well-written script.
April 18, 2014
Fantastic film. I admit I'm biased because I love the dynamic duo from Gladiator (actor & director) and that I loved the investment banker/vineyard memories storyline. I think it's a classic, only because I had a taste for it. I could easily see why others may not think it a very progressive story and consequently an empty film, but I still liked it.
½ April 12, 2014
Definitely not a movie you would expect with Russell Crowe and Ridley Scott, quite odd, but I liked it a lot.
April 1, 2014
wow ummmmn just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is just an enjoyable movie 2 watch.......its got a good cast of actors/actressess throughout this movie......i think that russell crowe, albert finney, marion cotillard, abbie cornish, didier boudon, richard coyle (from the brilliant tv series coupling), play good roles/parts throughout this movie.......i think that the director of this comedy/drama movie had done a good job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie......i think that freddie highmore ( as Young Max Skinner) throughout this movie was good thorughout this movie.......i think that this is such an enjoyable romantic comedy movie 2 watch.......i think that marion cotillard was good throughout this movie as the love interest of russell crowe throughout this movie.......its got a good soundtrack throughout this movie.......i think that this is such an enjoyable romantic comedy movie 2 watch it is such a really well written/acted//directed movie 2 watch its such a sweet little movie 2 watch it is an enjoyable romantic comedy movie 2 watch.......i think that this is such an enjoyable movie 2 watch.......i think that this is such an enjoyable romantic comedy movie 2 watch it is such a really well written/acted/directed movie 2 watch its such a really fun enjoyable movie 2 watch its got a good cast thorughout this movie its such a really enjoyable romantic comedy movie 2 watch with a great cast throughout this movie its such an enjoyable romantic comedy movie 2 watch.......