Goodbye Bafana - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Goodbye Bafana Reviews

October 8, 2015
Would have been helpful to know that the title of the movie here is The Color of Freedom.
½ June 15, 2015
A beautiful piece of history and perhaps, a sadistic memento.
October 28, 2014
"Goodbye Bafana" is one of those movies that is so good that no one has even ehard of it. I am not even kidding, if you look it up on any major site featuring movie reviews this movie will either have very few votes or it doesn't exist at all. Anyway, this movie is about Nelson Mandela's (Dennis Haysbert) old prison guard James Gregory (Joseph Fiennes) and their sort of "relationship" as the years go by. The execution of said story is very well done and the acting is superb. I'd argue that this is Joseph Fiennes' best performance. And Dennis Haysbert as Mandela is phenomenal! This movie is really good in every aspect and I recommend that you watch it!
September 10, 2013
???????, ?????????, ????? ???. ???????????, ??? ??? ????.
May 31, 2013
Great movie true story about one of the guard who guarded Madela for over 20 years Madela is still alive 94yo
March 4, 2013
Good historical document.
NaWia
January 18, 2013
I dont have much words to say than THANK YOU for this Movie!
October 29, 2012
I don't know how much of Gregory's memoirs are really true regarding Mandela, but it's an interesting history all the same.
October 14, 2012
A very good intake on Mandela's struggle at the height of apartheid... I think the worthy sequel to mention is Invictus starring Morgan Freeman as Madiba himself and Matt 'Bourne' Damon....
½ September 30, 2012
GOODBYE BAFANA is the true story of a white South African racist whose life was profoundly altered by the black prisoner he guarded for twenty years. The prisoner's name was Nelson Mandela.
½ September 18, 2012
Very good movie, didn't really know how Nelson Mandela was living during prison times...
½ August 13, 2012
Pretty good film about Mandela and his fight for the freedom of South Africa
May 21, 2012
The former half is slow but latter the latter half is touching.
April 19, 2012
Doesn't seem interesting.
½ February 6, 2012
Nice film about 2 good men on very opposite sides of the apartheid system. Seems a shame though that whilst the tone of this film is so hopeful, South Africa is still a problem with deep social problems and inequality
½ May 25, 2011
como Como que Nelson Mandela esta muy gigaaaaaaaaante no? fuera de eso eta mirable la movie, buena actuacion del Joseph Fiennes, y Diane Kruger solo grita, llora y esta de rrelleno :P
May 11, 2011
I find that true stories are always the most powerful ones! I can imagine it would be difficult to keep your dream alive after 30 years.
April 1, 2011
Racism story from a new perspective ; a relation between a guard & a prisoner....it's very emotional....it made my tears flow at many scenes. one of those films you want to watch again.
½ March 30, 2011
tanpa teks yang jelas, dengan bahasa inggris campur bahasa afrika. membuatku harus benar-benar fokus mendengar.

Nelson Mandela adalah tokoh yang luar biasa, dia mampu bertahan dengan prinsip hidupnya. Film ini diceritakan dari sudut pandang penjaga penjara yang kebetulan bisa berbahasa Afrika dan ditugaskan mengawasi keluar masuknya surat khususnya untuk Mandela, pendapat umum yang awalnya salah tentang Mandela segera berubah menjadi simpati di hati Pak Gregory sang penjaga. Namun seiring waktu Pak Gregory menyadari, Keluarga haruslah yang diutamakan.....
½ January 25, 2011
Not a bad movie at all, although Dennis Haysbert as Nelson Mandela was the worst choice for such a role.