Goodnight, We Love You: The Life and Legend of Phyllis Diller (2004)

Goodnight, We Love You: The Life and Legend of Phyllis Diller (2004)

TOMATOMETER

——

——

AUDIENCE SCORE

Critic Consensus: No consensus yet.

Goodnight, We Love You: The Life and Legend of Phyllis Diller Photos

Movie Info

The comedienne who shot to stardom as "the world's worst housewife" offers an intimate look at her life and career on the eve of her farewell stand-up performance. Phyllis Diller has been keeping her fans in stitches for nearly half-a-century. A gleefully self-depreciating comic whose outlandish sense of style always set her apart from the pack, Diller not only recollects her rise to stardom, but also allows viewers into her home to show just what life is like behind the scenes. A press conference leading up to her final performance showcases the quick-witted Diller at her unscripted best, with additional rehearsal and dressing room footage showing just what an incredible impact she has had on the world of show-business. Additional appearances by Rip Taylor, Don Rickles, Roseanne Barr, Red Buttons, and Lily Tomlin offer a chance for some of Diller's best known fans to reflect on their fondest memories of the star.
Rating:
Studio:
Gorilla Pictures

Watch it now

Cast

Critic Reviews for Goodnight, We Love You: The Life and Legend of Phyllis Diller

All Critics (0)

[A] loving, respectful, entirely banal portrait that's more like a greeting card than anything else...

Full Review… | January 17, 2007
Flick Filosopher

Audience Reviews for Goodnight, We Love You: The Life and Legend of Phyllis Diller

½

A fascinating glimpse into the life and career of one of America's most beloved comedians.

Randy Tippy
Randy Tippy

Discussion Forum

Discuss Goodnight, We Love You: The Life and Legend of Phyllis Diller on our Movie forum!

News & Features