The Goonies - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Goonies Reviews

July 20, 2017
The Goonies is a lot of fun. All actors play a vital role in the film's success; adopting their character's quirky personalities wonderfully. The Goonies is action galore but becomes overly frenetic. Jump cuts disrupt flow & noise level alone makes actors' dialogue hard to follow. The Goonies certainly has visual humour & thrills, but the underground setting limits variety, and the film sacrifices any balance of light and shade. The Goonies is a film that captures your emotional investment, both in the characters and the fight for justice that they are involved in. It's easy to see why many have affection for The Goonies' lovable characters and unwavering sense of adventure.
July 14, 2017
This is my favorite movie by far. Has a lot of language and se Yao jones but that's what gives the movie it's sense of humor. It was absolutely amazing!!!
July 12, 2017
pure nostalgia epic movie
July 9, 2017
I first saw this movie when it was released back in 1985. That's over 30 years ago and I was much younger and I enjoyed it then. However, my taste has changed since then, and although it's still entertaining, I found it brash and just very...loud. My taste in movies has definitely changed.
½ July 5, 2017
Nostalgia lost here... at least for me. It just doesn't hold up like I expected it to. It's still fun, still well scored and everything comes together... except the plot... the writing makes little sense at times. The dialogue is plain terrible at times.

I rarely say these words... a remake may not be the awful idea it usually is.
@wolfmanwalter13
June 23, 2017
Epic fun and that great 80's feel. Takes me back in time to when i was a kid everytime I watch it. This is the imagination you had as a kid put into movie form. Thanks steven spielberg
Christopher O.
June 12, 2017
A movie I have never seen until this weekend. Spielberg uses his magic to create a Indiana Jones type adventure featuring talented young actors who most have gone on to bigger and better things. It is well acted and written but can be too noisy that it distracts. I laughed and was thrilled at the same time. A great oldie but goodie for family viewing. 06-12-2017
½ May 1, 2017
A fun, wacky film from childhood times.
½ April 3, 2017
Sweet and entertaining movie from the 80s. A kid version of Indiana Jones.
April 1, 2017
Classic movie that kids today will still enjoy!
March 17, 2017
A great adventure movie for kids and everyone in general. So fun and delightful and creative. One of my favorites.
March 5, 2017
Despite the problems it has, this film is still a fun good time decades later after its release!
½ March 3, 2017
Every time i were the Goonies shirt I get comments on it..
February 12, 2017
HEY YOU GUUUUYYYSSSS
½ January 27, 2017
The Goonies is a perfect example of an inelegant, corny, and often gross movie that is popular simply because it is an older film.
½ December 26, 2016
Fun film for children (although they keep saying 'shit' lol)
December 21, 2016
A loud, squabbling, nearly-incoherent mess of a movie...and I loved every minute of it. I especially enjoyed how regionally specific it is (who else has done a great adventure movie about the Pacific Northwest?), and how it takes the stakes for these kids (i.e. losing their childhood homes) and raises them to epic heights. Glad I finally knocked this out after so many people yelling at me for not having seen it (Bonus: I appreciate Stranger Things all the more now, after seeing how indebted it is to this movie).
December 11, 2016
?Who does'nt love the octopus scene?! ;)
½ December 10, 2016
70% on the tomatometer? We're talking about the Goonies right? I saw Goonies in the theater and have loved it every day since. If a kid has to go on an adventure, this is the one. Star studded cast, not that it mattered as a kid. That whole story by that E.T. guy and the screenplay by Chris Columbus. That right there is a Charlie Sheen, WINNER, winner chicken dinner. AND...John Matuszak! 70%? Step into my office, because you're fired. The movie takes a kids imagination and soars it into space. Goonies is a wonderful film that is fun, crazy, unpredictable and just, just watch it. Call me crazy, but when my kids and I watched it tonight there was no octopus. I thought I remembered an octopus. Oh well, maybe I'm thinking of the Robin Williams, Popeye movie. I liked that one too. Watch it! Good watching!
November 27, 2016
It's like your childhood fantasies come to reality.