The Goonies - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Goonies Reviews

November 20, 2016
Decent cindi laugher song, like the idea of friends on adventure. Cheesy at times, wish I could go back
October 13, 2016
It's very funny and a great 80's classic.
½ October 10, 2016
Hate me or not for saying this, but I DESPISE The Goonies. This movie bored me so much, and is so STUPID, I felt my stomach churn. So illogical scenes are probably the worst part. The Kid actors are...ok I guess, but the movie is underwhelming at best and disappointing at worst. I hear this movie is called a "Classic" and I honestly don't see how.
½ October 9, 2016
Spielberg is not afraid to lay the whimsy on heavy, and even though he didn't direct this film, he may as well have. Plenty of emotional moments, an often over-egged score, everything working out fine in the end and the power of dreams triumphing over everything. The dialogue is largely inaudible throughout, as it's either spoken while music is playing or because all of the children have an irritating habit of speaking at the same time, usually in loud, frantic voices. It has plenty of flaws, but it isn't ever trying to be a masterpiece. It simply aims to tell a story about the frustrations of childhood, and the fantasies that kids involve themselves in to make their lives more magical. This is an area Spielberg is clearly enamoured with and it resonates strongly as a result. It's not an entirely easy-going movie, as it has it's fair share of frustrations, but the parts that work are enough to elevate it. It's a perennial classic, and while I couldn't watch it frequently, I'm glad I got to see it at least once.
October 2, 2016
What it lacks in script, it more than makes up for in grand, perilous structure and heartwarming adventure. The Goonies is a classical combustion of laughter, discovery and booty (I mean, booby) traps. The cast and sequences are just as memorable and dynamic as its storytellers in Spielberg, Donner & Columbus. 4/5
September 11, 2016
I liked National Treasure better.
September 9, 2016
Fav movie as a lil child
September 8, 2016
It's a right of passage to watch The Goonies. If you have teenage children and have never shown them The Goonies, you ought to be ashamed of yourself. By far the greatest children's adventure movie OF ALL TIME. This was one of my earliest favorite movies, and still holds a spot among its contemporaries. Maybe the most quotable fun movie to watch over and over again. I am all for all things Goonies. Talk about an ensemble cast. And you really feel like you're right there by their side on their adventure to find One-Eyed Willie and his treasures. "HEY YOU GUYS!"
August 29, 2016
A goofy group of friends follow a pirate map to claim a very old treasure and run into criminals and booby traps. Of course everything works out for them and they all live happily ever after... with loads of pirate loot.
August 27, 2016
This movie was a HUGE party of my child hood. I still love it to this day.
½ August 16, 2016
8/14/2016: Love this movie and it's my childhood favorite! Fun and action packed adventure.
August 16, 2016
Tweens save their town from evil investors when they embark on an adventure in search of a missing pirates treasure. Cute fun.
August 5, 2016
I am partial because of pure nostalgia...but this is my all time favorite movie. It brings me back to growing up and going on "adventures" with my friends and it is just a fun movie to watch.
July 30, 2016
This is a classic movie that I loved as a kid and still love to this day.
Lots of great actors were in this film: Josh Brolin, Sean Astin, Corey Feldman, Kerri Green, Martha Plimpton, Robert Davi and Joe Pantoliano.
It was produced and overviewed by Steven Speilberg and directed by Richard Donner.
It's everything that you want out of an adventure movie about kids finding a treasure map and going to find it.
Memorable characters like Sloth and Chunk will forever live on in my memories.
jamrcla
½ July 29, 2016
Loved it who doesn't? Kind of a guilty pleasure and we all know it is.
July 29, 2016
Comedy gold! This movie is funny for Kids and adults alike and has heart, action and plenty of adult humor. Do yourself a favor and buy this movie.
July 22, 2016
A bit to Histerious at times , kids screaming at the smalest scary thing did get a bit on my nerves....Good one for teenagers ! SOMDVD
July 21, 2016
One of my favorite childhood movies... Ever. It's an amazing movie.