The Goonies - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Goonies Reviews

February 12, 2017
HEY YOU GUUUUYYYSSSS
½ January 27, 2017
The Goonies is a perfect example of an inelegant, corny, and often gross movie that is popular simply because it is an older film.
½ December 26, 2016
Fun film for children (although they keep saying 'shit' lol)
December 21, 2016
A loud, squabbling, nearly-incoherent mess of a movie...and I loved every minute of it. I especially enjoyed how regionally specific it is (who else has done a great adventure movie about the Pacific Northwest?), and how it takes the stakes for these kids (i.e. losing their childhood homes) and raises them to epic heights. Glad I finally knocked this out after so many people yelling at me for not having seen it (Bonus: I appreciate Stranger Things all the more now, after seeing how indebted it is to this movie).
December 11, 2016
?Who does'nt love the octopus scene?! ;)
½ December 10, 2016
70% on the tomatometer? We're talking about the Goonies right? I saw Goonies in the theater and have loved it every day since. If a kid has to go on an adventure, this is the one. Star studded cast, not that it mattered as a kid. That whole story by that E.T. guy and the screenplay by Chris Columbus. That right there is a Charlie Sheen, WINNER, winner chicken dinner. AND...John Matuszak! 70%? Step into my office, because you're fired. The movie takes a kids imagination and soars it into space. Goonies is a wonderful film that is fun, crazy, unpredictable and just, just watch it. Call me crazy, but when my kids and I watched it tonight there was no octopus. I thought I remembered an octopus. Oh well, maybe I'm thinking of the Robin Williams, Popeye movie. I liked that one too. Watch it! Good watching!
November 27, 2016
It's like your childhood fantasies come to reality.
November 24, 2016
If I had to chose one movie from my childhood, it would be The Goonies.
November 20, 2016
Decent cindi laugher song, like the idea of friends on adventure. Cheesy at times, wish I could go back
October 13, 2016
It's very funny and a great 80's classic.
½ October 10, 2016
Hate me or not for saying this, but I DESPISE The Goonies. This movie bored me so much, and is so STUPID, I felt my stomach churn. So illogical scenes are probably the worst part. The Kid actors are...ok I guess, but the movie is underwhelming at best and disappointing at worst. I hear this movie is called a "Classic" and I honestly don't see how.
½ October 9, 2016
Spielberg is not afraid to lay the whimsy on heavy, and even though he didn't direct this film, he may as well have. Plenty of emotional moments, an often over-egged score, everything working out fine in the end and the power of dreams triumphing over everything. The dialogue is largely inaudible throughout, as it's either spoken while music is playing or because all of the children have an irritating habit of speaking at the same time, usually in loud, frantic voices. It has plenty of flaws, but it isn't ever trying to be a masterpiece. It simply aims to tell a story about the frustrations of childhood, and the fantasies that kids involve themselves in to make their lives more magical. This is an area Spielberg is clearly enamoured with and it resonates strongly as a result. It's not an entirely easy-going movie, as it has it's fair share of frustrations, but the parts that work are enough to elevate it. It's a perennial classic, and while I couldn't watch it frequently, I'm glad I got to see it at least once.
October 2, 2016
What it lacks in script, it more than makes up for in grand, perilous structure and heartwarming adventure. The Goonies is a classical combustion of laughter, discovery and booty (I mean, booby) traps. The cast and sequences are just as memorable and dynamic as its storytellers in Spielberg, Donner & Columbus. 4/5
September 11, 2016
I liked National Treasure better.
September 9, 2016
Fav movie as a lil child
September 8, 2016
It's a right of passage to watch The Goonies. If you have teenage children and have never shown them The Goonies, you ought to be ashamed of yourself. By far the greatest children's adventure movie OF ALL TIME. This was one of my earliest favorite movies, and still holds a spot among its contemporaries. Maybe the most quotable fun movie to watch over and over again. I am all for all things Goonies. Talk about an ensemble cast. And you really feel like you're right there by their side on their adventure to find One-Eyed Willie and his treasures. "HEY YOU GUYS!"
August 29, 2016
A goofy group of friends follow a pirate map to claim a very old treasure and run into criminals and booby traps. Of course everything works out for them and they all live happily ever after... with loads of pirate loot.
August 27, 2016
This movie was a HUGE party of my child hood. I still love it to this day.
½ August 16, 2016
8/14/2016: Love this movie and it's my childhood favorite! Fun and action packed adventure.
August 16, 2016
Tweens save their town from evil investors when they embark on an adventure in search of a missing pirates treasure. Cute fun.