Gordy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Gordy Reviews

January 23, 2012
Okay...here's another talking pig movie that I used to watch when I was a kid. First comes 'Babe' and now comes 'Gordy'. From what I saw in 'Gordy', I guess the story's fine, and so are the talking animals.
½ December 5, 2011
Gordy is nothing but a low-budget rip-off of Babe the Pig, and this rip-off isn't very good in the least.
November 18, 2011
"Kids will squeal for Gordy" I highly doubt it.
"The Pig That Made It Big" Unlike the sucess of this movie.

In Closing:
- Babe was way better.
October 17, 2011
The only reason it got a two star rating is because it's got cute animals and kids... other than that it's not worth watching. I expected it to be worse, though.
½ August 8, 2011
It's not that bad, but it's not a good movie
½ August 4, 2011
When I was younger, I used to think that this and Babe were the same movie, but when you watch Gordy and Babe, they are two totally different movies. Babe is a great movie. Gordy isn't. Gordy is incredibly dumb, far-fetched, and also kind of a bore. Even kids will be bored as Gordy only talks about 25% of the movie and decides to focus on the humans who are very dull. The film has plot holes, strange moments and just some overall "what the heck did I just see" moments. Babe is how to do a talking pig film story correct. Gordy is how not to do it. In fact, I bet that could be a great thesis for film, why Babe worked and why Gordy didn't. In many words, Gordy is ridiculous, moronic, dumb, stupid, unfunny, dull, and boring. I don't know, maybe some kids liked it, but the question remains, why would you show them Gordy when you could show them Babe, or even Charlotte's Web? That remains a mystery to me.

3.0/10
July 10, 2011
I remember this movie bombing after release, and the producer running a commercial asking if she was wrong to think that a "wholesome" movie could compete at the bos office. The commercial ended with her saying something like, "your increased patronage this weekend will be appreciated."

"Gordy" is unfully, cornpone, sterile, boring, and proliferates a Reconstructionist animosity towards "The North.". It wasn't produced to entertain or be creative, or really to make money, but to be safe. Therefore no one liked it, from critics to families, or the half of the country above the mason dixon line.
July 9, 2011
Unlike Babe, this has no critical acclamation, so why try it?
June 16, 2011
BEST FUCKING MOVIE EVER!
½ June 10, 2011
STUPID! EVEN WORSE IN FRENCH
½ May 26, 2011
This is terrible. It's mindless, senseless, and absurd. I know it's a kids movie and all, but just stay away from it! That is all.
April 9, 2011
Could you extort a pig any worse than this?
March 25, 2011
I wish I had a litttle piggy ohh emmmm geeeee
½ March 16, 2011
Kids will squeal for Gordy? Whoever wrote that must've been on crack! :(
½ February 18, 2011
Borrowing heavily from Babe, this is really a Shame
½ January 30, 2011
Keshia's contribution to our Netflix account.
May 21, 2010
This might be a Babe knockoff, but I enjoyed it, and it's low rating is ridiculous.

It was refreshing to have dialogue where children interacted with old fashioned manners vs a recent movie with a foul mouthed 5 year old that received rave reviews. Yes, the other movie is geared towards adults, but as the minority, I am tired of what Hollywood is dishing out these days. JMHO

If anyone can recommend similar movies, I am all ears!
March 8, 2010
cute movie, not as good as charlottes web but still interesting and funny
March 8, 2010
I've seen bits and pieces adding up to most of the movie that is known as Gordy on cable over the last month or so and I think it's safe to say this is one of the worst movies ever made. Picture a corn-fed, white trash, extra-chromosome boasting version of Babe. Just make sure you strip it of any creativity, suspend any and all disbelief then feed it a obscene amount of high fructose corn syrup and the worst parts of American culture. I know its a kids movie, but kids are not stupid and what you feed them now shapes who they turn out to be later. I swear, it should be a law that any and everyone who had anything to do with this movie should be hunted down and kicked until they're dead. With the exception of Roy Clark and Boxcar Willie. Their appearances don't excuse the vileness of this movie though and despite my utter hatred for this movie I'll watch it until the end if I see its on TV. (And really? Who names their kid Hanky? "Come on, Snotrag! Let's go to the tractor pull!") If an alien culture was to come down to Earth, hell-bent on destroying us and mentioned it was because of Gordy I would surrender. Completely surrender...
January 26, 2010
Disney's take on Babe...and boy, IT SHOWS.