Gospel Hill - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Gospel Hill Reviews

½ May 13, 2012
A well intentioned movie with mild results. Good enough for the story and a good performance by Danny Glover.
½ April 8, 2012
This movie was ok. The story was slow paced and almost boring.
April 3, 2012
Very good movie! It kept me interested the whole time!
½ March 24, 2012
Excellent film. Giancarlo Esposito has a great directorial debut.
January 7, 2012
Okay to have on in the background, but not really exciting enough to want to sit and give it your undivided attention. I think I mainly rented this one as Julia Stiles was in it,
Is a well acted movie, but never really rises above feeling like a made for tv film.
June 11, 2011
One of those small carefully written scripts that are so rare to find. Basically a murder mystery with racial undertones this is worth seeing with a great understated performance by Glover and another by Bassett.
March 30, 2011
bubbles under,i was waiting for something to happen.....
October 23, 2010
Great film. Very touching & inspirational. A recommended watch for any background. Touching. I enjoyed this film.
SarahTheMovieLover
August 4, 2010
It was a little slow, although there was a lot of parts to it that made me constantly curious as to what was going to happen. In the end though, not all that much did happen. It was all happy ending-ness except for little loose ends that never got dealt with. That was rather annoying. I kinda wished it was based on a true story, but I dont think it was.

What did this movie teach me? Just because there are a bunch of people with guns, it doesnt mean someone will get shot.
½ July 5, 2010
½ March 1, 2010
The potentially thought-provoking concept of historical reconciliation is ill served by a half-baked script that reduces every cliched plot point to jaw-dropping levels of preachiness.
½ November 16, 2009
This movie was ok. The story was slow paced and almost boring.
½ November 14, 2009
Slow paced, borderline boring drama movie. However it offers an interesting depiction of life in a small town. Above everything else this movie centers on several different kind of characters, all of which are easily relatable in their own way, and their personal development.
November 5, 2009
Kalo ergaki alla tha mporouse na einai poli kalitero oson afora thn atmosfaira. SIgoura vlepetai alla me tetoio cast perimeneis kati poli kalitero
½ September 14, 2009
very Hallmark, but a good enough story.
½ September 5, 2009
An excellent movie that showed how a single event can affect many different people in different ways. Stiles' character put me off a little bit - she seemed too interested in a town she just moved to. Made me wonder what her made her feel drawn to move there. I was also slightly disappointed with the ending. I admit - I wanted a slightly larger Hollywood ending. The resolutions were good and fit the story, I just wanted it bigger and to involve more of the characters.
August 26, 2009
Not as riveting as I thought it would be. Very slow paced and the ending didn't give the plot justice.
August 20, 2009
A plot that has been done to death, some southern stereotypes and vaguely interesting subplots edited into oblivion help make this a lethargic disaster.
July 27, 2009
It's nice to see that Danny Glover hasn't disappeared off the map, but even so, Gospel Hill looses its potential because of its 99 minute running time. The movie end abruptly. Still, the relationships that are there are good. I'd love to see more of them and that is my main complaint with the film.