Gotta Catch Santa Claus - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Gotta Catch Santa Claus Reviews

July 1, 2013
always a fresh to watch movie.
December 22, 2011
Special movie night with the kids. We tried the Muppet Christmas Carol but Kyle was too scared.
December 21, 2010
Cheaply animated and obnoxious Christmas special. It's painful watching it trying to be so hip and cool, as it's already dated. Hardly going to become a classic. I really feel as those some of these sequences could have been created by youngsters just getting started in animation. The songs aren't memorable and also use bizarre genres to make it feel fresh, when it just ends up awkward. Nobody wants to see Santa dancing to funk. Shatner is underused, and any good vocal work is betrayed by the lifeless faces of the characters. Some big icy monster on a comet with 3 snowmen henchmen makes it interesting for a while, but it gets old fast. The highlight is Santa's ridiculously hot wife, and when talking about a shoddy animated film, that's quite depressing.
½ December 19, 2009
The real tragedy of this cheaply animated musical X-Mas cartoon is that they never bothered to give the great William Shatner a tune to croon. Criminal! The rest of the flick is a tad painful for those adult viewers out there, but Iā??m sure the kiddies and the trekkies in the audience will have some fun. I liked the comet villain LeFreeze and his space snowmen goons. Ridiculous! And there is a wonderful post-credits Shatner sequence that had me chuckling. VF.
December 9, 2009
It's William Shatner playing Santa and that's the only reason I watched it. Too bad Santa isn't really a main character and he doesn't talk a lot. I did like the main kid saying the entire point of telling the story was cuz they shot Santa down with a lazer and no one else does that. The songs were pretty lame but what do you expect right?
November 26, 2009
It's a cute little X-Mas DVD for kids. Feels more like a TV cartoon special though.
January 10, 2009
No so romantic and exciting that i hope...:s
½ December 29, 2008
Like Johnny Test, only without the talking dog. Even then, there are talking snowmen.