Grace and Grit Reviews

• Nov 08, 2022

This was a gut wrenching beautiful movie. A true story that is the most powerful of love stories. I cried reading the book and feel the movie did an amazing job of capturing their beyond worldly love for each other. This is the real deal. What a vision. You will leave a better human after watching it. It is truly one of the greats.

• May 26, 2022

2 stars for Mena. You can keep the rest-overdone and pretentious and I found it too sweet and ooky by far.

• May 01, 2022

Must see! So intimately visually and emotionally stunning. Such a beautiful look into the complexities and depths of love. Here's some of the things I loved watching it… the lively movement and polarizing shots were so so beautifully done… The Close up of the Blades of grass on the field The emencity of contest of power and life between Treya and the mountains (Made me think of how a few weeks ago I went to a play date at the park with my children and just stood there in awe of the mountains and expressed to them how powerful they felt.) The flashbacks of sentimental moments of her breasts The capturing of their depth together as a couple was absolutely beautiful The fluttering of the vignette during their post-op make out scene that made it look like blinking eyes The close up focus of the doctors eyes when he delivers the news of the brain tumor The capturing of ken ferociously audacious out drinking when he was in the depths of his pain is so telling of how people act when trying to avoid and escape their pain. I cried where he is holding her in his arms by the fire place totally and completely present when she is embarking on her transition The way the scene of her transition was savored

• Mar 04, 2022

Just started the film and not sure if I will continue. Seems like it’s written by New Age Hallmark Movie writers in third grade. I am familiar with the book but this movie is so simplistic and saccharine it does a dis service to Ken Wilber and Treya

• Nov 29, 2021

Grace & Grit was captivating, in the most beautiful & intimate way. The sets, the colors, the actors, the feel, the music, the anger! (so real & surprising yet I understand it) the love... that part, the whole damn movie was a love scene!! It flowed from beginning to end. Everyone should see this movie because it digs deep & you walk away feeling like you have spiritually "leveled up!"

• Aug 26, 2021

This was truly one of the worst movies I’ve seen in a long time. I’ve read and listened to a handful of interviews with the director and he speaks to how magical and moving this story is. The guy should never be given a camera to shoot another movie in his life. He’s delusional. I honestly believe the guy is a fraud. The only people who could possibly think this movie is any good are either his devout followers or readers of the book that are so devoted to the couple the movie is about they can’t see the difference between watchable and awful. This film is below awful. He deserves ZERO stars, heck it should be a negative star if that were a rating. What a scam!

• Jul 29, 2021

This was a transcendent experience for the heart and soul, an unforgettable film with a brilliant cast and remarkable photography!

• Jul 25, 2021

This seemed like the longest movie I'd ever seen. I couldn't get out fast enough. The overpowering mood music combined with the overly done images and the over acting throughout to turn a tragic story into a nothing more than a sappy soap opera.

• Jul 20, 2021

A thought provoking and magically moving film! Powerful performances bring you on a roller coaster ride of emotions from laughter to tears and everything in between. Perfectly directed this movie takes you on a love conquers all journey dealing with the challenges of cancer and the triumphs found in the power of love. A love story for the ages and definitely worth watching!!

• Jul 03, 2021

I wanted this film to succeed. I'm familiar with Wilber's work, have read Grace and Grit, but, sadly, this adaptation goes wrong in several ways. The biggest problem is the screenplay: disjointed, fails to offer context or character development, and is at times almost unbearably filled with saccharine and overused tropes (how many films leave you thinking "No more kissing scenes!" Well, this one does, sadly). I wonder if Mr. Siegel being both writer and director is a primary problem. Likely because of the screenplay, the two primary actors don't get a chance to, well, seem real. Because of the screenplay, the scenes are disjointed, loosely patched together, and there's little chance for the actors to really develop something emotionally. From what I've read, the project was rushed from the start, and that might have been a problem. I think the film would have been better if several scenes had been cut, leaving longer scenes that could have more deeply probed the heart of the story and showing the interplay between Wilber's ideas and Treya and Ken's relationship. If you're expecting, as you would find in Wilber's book, much of his Integral philosophy, you are in for a disappointment: there's only a trickle or two. And if you don't know Wilber's work, you're likely not going to last more than 20 minutes into the film. Of course, everyone involved wants this film to succeed. I truly wish it had.