Grace Unplugged Reviews

November 13, 2014
Highly predictable and only mildly engaging Christian themed movie. AJ Michalka was fine as Grace, however I feel her sister, Aly, would have been better in the role. The music is good, but the story is well-worn. Worth a watch.
November 3, 2013
Good Christian values, but despite what people are saying the movie has poor production values. It has the feel of a made-for-television movie. I was expecting better. (First and only viewing - 10/8/2014)
February 18, 2014
Many people challenge their faith and authority. The main character idolizes a pop star, but does not use her body or lower her values to achieve what society covets. Loved it!
October 11, 2013
It serves the audience it is intended for fairly well. The story does not provide any hope for Christians wanting to make impact in show business. Essentially, the overall message is "The entertainment industry will crush your faith, so don't even try". Thanks for the inspiration...
July 12, 2014
It was a good movie. Very few movies show how it's hard to put your love for Jesus above your own personal desires and wants. Good family movie.
June 15, 2014
Could be the Katy Perry story -- if she'd got her act together. The result is not plausible given the PG adventures; but enjoyable enough to watch.
June 1, 2014
Grace Unplugged is a formulaic and rather generic story of a teenager who has grown bored of her day-to-day routine while living under the roof/rules of a father who means well but sure has a funny way of showing it. Grace (AJ Michalka - Super 8) is the daughter of church music director Johnny Trey (James Denton - 'Desperate Housewives') who was once a rock-n-roll, one-hit-wonder superstar. When Johnny is asked by a Hollywood music producer to re-record his most famous song and return to stage on a national tour ... he declines but his daughter is ever-so-keen to give it a try! Ignoring her father's wishes, Grace runs off to Los Angeles where she records her father's hit song and becomes a minor celebrity opening the doors to all kinds of temptations! Grace's dreams are all coming true but she begins to realize she might not be living the life Christ wants for her ... and Grace finds herself tested like never before. Everything in this film feels expected including the stereotypical supporting players, Grace's trials with alcohol and her should-I-or-shouldn't-I moral struggle. The lead players are adequate actors but some of the others are pretty poor. You don't have to watch this to know what happens ... so why would anybody want to?
October 5, 2013
This film conveys its message very clearly.
April 27, 2014
It's a good movie half of the way through, but the predictable Christian ending is lame and unrealistic.
March 3, 2014
It's a movie that stirs the same inner turmoil in me. I loved it.
½ February 24, 2014
Good message and worth watching with your family.
February 23, 2014
Well acted, finely filmed and truly inspiring, Silverman's "Grace Unplugged" presents a worthy message, and gives faith-based films a good name. To be sure, films like this are hard to come by these days.
February 18, 2014
This is a very good movie. It is a movie that you can watch with your family.
½ February 18, 2014
Innocent , safe, and annoying.
February 16, 2014
I am a father with four daughters. The older I get the more I cry...tears of joy. This movie rained with joy!
April 18, 2013
Una película para ver el domingo en la TV, tiene ciertos problemas con la duración, pero es una cinta "aceptable".
November 16, 2013
I went to see this with my husband, we both enjoyed the uplifting message. I really felt the pull to take my daughters. We finally made it tonight, I enjoyed it more the 2nd. The story is so easy to relate to with having a teenager. I believe it brings a powerful message for both the parent and the teens. Definitely a must see for families. You won't be disappointed
October 28, 2013
This is a terrifific movie. There are many great things to take away from it. Some of them are: Fathers (or parents), trusting God in the lives of your children is a crucial part of your responsibility of instructing and discipling them. Wives (and husbands), don't let bitterness of the faults of your spouse destroy your marriage. Young adults, respect your parents, not because they are perfect, but because God says it right and promised to bless you for it. Also your character is more important than your gifts, talents and opportunities. Also, wait for God's timing. Everyone (through Quentin's character), your faithfulness to God in a dark environment can have an incredible impact on others around you. Also, God will bless your faithfulness.
October 19, 2013
One of the best Christian films ever made. A movie about forgiveness, find your identity, and about the God of the universe who loves us and never lets go. Phenomenal!
October 17, 2013
Great movie! Loved the music. Good story and the cast was wonderful.