Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer Reviews

½ June 28, 2010
This is a delightfully silly Christmas film with lines & lyrics to make you laugh out loud. The lead characters come over strongly, animation is good and the message clear. However the songs that make this film a must see.
½ January 8, 2010
With the major exception of Olive The Other Reindeer, no one's made a good Christmas special since the 80s. GGROBaR is awful. The animation is poor, the story is dumb, the jokes fall flat, and the songs are unforgivably bad. The original song is kitschy and fun, this is not. The movie attempts to take a three minute song and stretch it into a movie. They fail miserably and the corny references to the song lyrics will make your eyes roll. Whoever made this should be dragged into the street and shot.
½ December 18, 2009
Standard Christmas flick that will be suitable for family viewing. Not as fun or memorable as the song that inspired it.
½ December 12, 2009
At 50 minutes this Christmas special is a short and sweet watch over the Christmas period. The animation is bright and the colours are thick, making it an attractive watch for the younger audience. It's based on a song and so there isn't much in the way of plot, but at least it isn't stretched out. The musical interludes are also sweet and often entertaining, apart from the slightly disturbing Grandpa's Gonna Sue the Pants of Santa. That was just peculiar. One thing I really liked about this was the money grabbing owner of the huge company, was actually a nice person. He doesn't threaten Grandma after she refuses to sell her shop to him, and he gives the boy a chance to find his Grandma before making the deal. That was a nice change.
January 3, 2009
½ December 24, 2008
this movie sucks. it's on tv every day for several weeks leading up to christmas. the animation is lame, the story is lame, the music is double-lame.
December 19, 2008
I was let down - the song is much better than the movie. Didn't seem to be a kids movie, and adults movie, or really...much of a movie that I liked!
December 10, 2008
no thanks not my kinda thing
July 23, 2008
i have the strange urge to watch this
June 30, 2008
i lov the show n mostly the song
June 15, 2008
Flaw: whole thing appears to suck.
May 27, 2008
I always loved this movie at Christmas. Lol, good memories come from this. Definitely 2 thumbs up!
March 24, 2008
It was good, better than it sounds really
March 21, 2008
this sounds fucking terrible
½ March 5, 2008
February 8, 2008
I watched this with the little boy I babysit...really corny, and I mean REALLY corny...but it was still kinda cute.
½ January 28, 2008
One of the worst Christmas specials I've seen, characterized by poor animation, annoying songs, and flat characters. Okay, you don't expect much from a special like this, but still.
January 21, 2008
the song & the movie are great. funny little movie for Christams
½ December 28, 2007
I can barely remember seeing this movie but I remember thinking it was cute!
December 26, 2007
I didn't like cousin Mel, but other then that itr was good