Grandmother's House (1988)

TOMATOMETER

——

——

AUDIENCE SCORE

Critic Consensus: No consensus yet.

Grandmother's House Videos

Grandmother's House Photos

Movie Info

In this thriller, Lynn (Kim Valentine) and David (Eric Foster) are sent to live on their grandparents' farm after the death of their father. However, when a strange person is sighted on the family farm, the two kids begin to suspect that their grandparents may be hiding a deadly secret.
Rating:

as Bus Driver
Show More Cast

Critic Reviews for Grandmother's House

All Critics (1)

Surprises, dismays and unsettles--pretty good for a movie that went straight to video.

Full Review… | October 24, 2008
TheFilmFile.com

Audience Reviews for Grandmother's House

½

When the mysterious lady with the guitar didn't flinch as the bus carrying the two teen stars of this thriller almost runs into her in the middle of the road, I couldn't take my eyes off the TV. While the film never played in the theaters, it played on cable for some time, and is now available on DVD. It features excellent performances by the two leads, Eric Foster and Kim Valentine, and a scary performance from Brinke Stevens. The plot concerns 2 orphaned siblings who go to live with their grandparents somewhere in Redlands, California, only to find that there are some very sinister secrets and happenings on their citrus farm. Grandparents are played by Ida Lee and Len Lesser (Seinfeld's TV father). There are some gaps in logic along the way, and some scenes, while tense, are confusing as to their purpose, but overall, there are some very natural moments, some humor, and some shocking scenes, and an interesting ending, adding up to a very satisfying thriller, with restraint as to unnecessary gore, making this one of my very favorite films in this genre. An unexpected and little known treasure.

paul klinger
paul klinger

"Grandma's House" has some thrillig moments BUT it has too many plot holes and illogical situations that are hard to overlook. Enjoyable mess!

John Me
John Me

½

I remember being 11 yrs old this movie scared the crap out of me. Rented it as an adult and was like yeah what was I scared of?

Kelly Wilson
Kelly Wilson

Discussion Forum

Discuss Grandmother's House on our Movie forum!

News & Features