Grandmother's House - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Grandmother's House Reviews

May 13, 2014
Awesome movie...to my surprise. One of my favs
½ May 13, 2014
When the mysterious lady with the guitar didn't flinch as the bus carrying
the two teen stars of this thriller almost runs into her in the middle of the
road, I couldn't take my eyes off the TV. While the film never played in
the theaters, it played on cable for some time, and is now available on DVD.
It features excellent performances by the two leads, Eric Foster and Kim
Valentine, and a scary performance from Brinke Stevens. The plot concerns
2 orphaned siblings who go to live with their grandparents somewhere in
Redlands, California, only to find that there are some very sinister secrets
and happenings on their citrus farm. Grandparents are played by Ida Lee
and Len Lesser (Seinfeld's TV father). There are some gaps in logic along
the way, and some scenes, while tense, are confusing as to their purpose,
but overall, there are some very natural moments, some humor, and some
shocking scenes, and an interesting ending, adding up to a very satisfying
thriller, with restraint as to unnecessary gore, making this one of my very
favorite films in this genre. An unexpected and little known treasure.
May 13, 2014
Use to scare the crap out of me when I was little but now I cant figure out why
October 21, 2012
A very atmospheric movie with some good scenes, but it drags a bit.
July 19, 2012
Another classic horror that should be in my list of forgotten faves.
From what i remember, a couple kids go to an orchard that their grandparents own, their mom escapes the asylum and is loose in the orchard. It was a very jumpy movie, especially the part when the kids are hiding under the bridge. Thats pretty much all i remember of the movie. hahahaha.
July 28, 2010
Moins pire que je ne l'aurait imagine. Un bon petit film malgré un acting médiocre et des failles scenaristiques. On voit clairement un cascadeur dans une scène et la scène de la piscine est louche. Il y a un twist ending potable mais la finale est tellement abrupte qu'elle foire un peu.

V.F : La Maison de Grand-mère
John2223
May 5, 2010
"Grandma's House" has some thrillig moments BUT it has too many plot holes and illogical situations that are hard to overlook.
Enjoyable mess!
October 3, 2009
Another classic horror that should be in my list of forgotten faves.
½ October 4, 2008
The only redeeming factor to this movie is getting to see Brinke Stevens attacked by geese.
July 1, 2008
I saw this movie when I was little and it scared me. Watching it now it's kinda funny.
July 1, 2008
Odd and different horror flick about two siblings who just lost their parents and have to live with the grandparents (note that Uncle Leo from Seinfeld plays pops). Well the boy starts suspecting his grandparents are killers in some devious scheme,the appearances of freaky Brinke Stevens claiming to be his real mother and not to trust gramps doesn't help the kids situation either. Who is the real killer? is this flicks main game. Red Herrings abound.

Actually has some decent twists and concept but bad photography (VHS didn't help), poor acting, not enough scares or kills, to much padding in an obvious unstructured script, and weak production values weren't helping matters.

Left Field ending that I didn't see coming was the only real stand out scene.
½ July 1, 2008
Not as scary as I remembered it to be. Hmm. I guess I grew unafraid of its scariness. It's still decent for what it is...campy. And I still cringed at the scene where the kid is running through the orchards at like 50 mph and he runs into that poll jutting out. Ouch. :S
shes a young grandmother
July 1, 2008
how come grandma's house looks scary? my grandma's house is full of cigarette smoke and beer bottles...but it's not scary.
½ July 1, 2008
I remember being 11 yrs old this movie scared the crap out of me. Rented it as an adult and was like yeah what was I scared of?