The Gravedancers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Gravedancers Reviews

½ June 8, 2015
I am a horror movie freak and it takes a lot to impress me and/or creep me out but this one did it. Good old fashioned cemetery, curses, critters that has it all.
½ November 19, 2014
If characters in horror movies were smart, there wouldn't be much room for entertainment. While not groundbreaking in any way, I'm glad the characters in The Gravedancers are gleefully stupid. If the beginning seems somewhat dull, stick with it. The last half is a fun, terrifying, thrill ride!
½ September 18, 2014
This is critically rated at 100% and appears on must-see lists for reasons unknown. Described as "an old-fashioned ghost story", I concede that it looks like it was made in the early 90s. Unintentional laughs abound as characters wrestle with fake corpses.
½ June 18, 2014
I agree with the guy that said this should be on the Sci-Fi Channel. Cheesy
February 2, 2014
For such a stupid film, this one sure was a lot of fun. And there were some genuinely creepy effects here and there!
½ January 21, 2014
A tad cheesy and some areas such as the overall acting are less impressive than others, but still scary and entertaining enough to warrant a watch.
½ November 17, 2013
Interesting plot. Not scary. Ending was ridiculous!
½ July 23, 2013
Just a few pacing errors and plotting mistakes away from being a truly great horror film. It begins and for the most part is quite excellent, but unfortunately, it begins to fall apart toward the very end. If it weren't for that it would be a better film.
½ July 18, 2013
A relatively unknown horror movie that deserves a little more spotlight. Despite it seeming like a low-budget cash-in with the tame acting and simple story, it builds throughout and delivers with shocks and classic scares. It's not your average ghost story, but it's definitely a horror film worth trying for.
July 14, 2013
The Gravedancers was an unexpected surprise from the low expectations set by the title and plot description. While there's nothing that particularly stand's out about the movie, it was a competently executed low budget, rip off film. It's a ghost story about 3 friends who inadvertently make themselves the targets of 3 particularly nasty ghosts. While their were some creepy and suspenseful moments, it did not achieve the edge of your seat ride of the best in ghost stories. More often the stand out scenes were the violent attack scenes, making it feel a bit more like a slasher film than a ghost tale.
July 3, 2013
Thrilling, scary now what can i tell now, yah can anybody tell me wheres the grave of bruce lee \m/ haha
½ June 22, 2013
The Gravedancers works as a creepy nail-biter that combines old-fashioned eerie supernatural tension with more contemporary phsycial horror.
½ May 14, 2013
Pretty creepy. Some parts are so boring I felt like falling asleep. However, the parts with the action and horror were awsome. After seeing this, I don't want to walk in a graveyard ever again after I saw what happened to the dumb people who danced on the graves.
½ April 27, 2013
pretty good horror movie! even if you celebrate that you are alive, be aware where you do that! respect those who are dead and dont dance on their bones.
April 12, 2013
At last a decent low budget horror that was quite entertaining! It had a good cast with a few familiar faces from TV of yester year. The story was something a bit different from the normal. What really made this for me though was the design, largely on animatronics and prosthetics than cgi, of the ghost characters. The production of the whole film looked pretty good for the budget. It reminded me a lot of Thirteen Ghosts. Hopefully there is scope for a sequel.....or two!
½ January 26, 2013
Gravedancers is a mixed bag horror that concerns three friends (Dominic Purcell, Josie Maran and Marcus Thomas) who get drunk after another friend's funeral and a subsequent visit to the cemetery results in finding a mysterious envelope which instructs them to dance on graves. Which they do. But, their graveyard hi-jinx result in a curse in which they will be haunted for a month by the occupants of the graves they danced on, then sent to their own graves unless the curse is broken. Gravedancers, as directed by Mike Mendez, has some nice atmosphere and truly spooky effects and sequences despite it's silly plot. But, there is also a lot of silly stuff too and it kills any tension the spookier stuff builds. Some of the dialog also sounds laughably bad despite the all round good performances by a solid cast and silly becomes the magic word here as a somewhat decent horror flick drowns in the silliness of it's story and script. The overblown CGI chase finale is laughable not fear inducing. Also stars genre favorite Clare Kramer as Purcell's wife and vet Tcheky Karyo trying to keep his dignity in the Van Helsing role.
January 21, 2013
I really enjoyed this one. Good old fashioned curses, graves and funerals.
½ January 20, 2013
Not bad but lacked something
½ January 18, 2013
This one starts pretty typical, but about 45 minutes into it things pick up, and it actually becomes a really good movie.
December 31, 2012
a very nice movie............the story is great!!! predictable but scary.......