Gray Lady Down Reviews

• Nov 11, 2018

Not a bad movie , Heston is great.

Not a bad movie , Heston is great.

• May 03, 2018

Average disaster film, that is brought up a level by it's great cast. Not much action for an adventure/thriller, but it's slow burn gives you time to connect with some of these characters. Characters who seem a little too calm, given their predicament.

• Jan 10, 2018

It takes a special kind of effort to make such an inherently dramatic story feel like a day in the office. What specifically? Too much lighting, unconvincing acting, and way too many missed opportunities - its only plot is what it says on the box, no side plots, no twists. Even the couple intense scenes it finally gets in the end have less tension than a dinner conversation in Das Boot. I think its only saving grace is its age, predating the latter. It's watchable, but in the end, I felt nothing at all, like after a long documentary on something boring (and it's very far from a documentary).

• Sep 13, 2016

Its trailer might suggest it to be a cheap 70's disaster movie, but it's actually pretty good. Also stars the underrated Charlton Heston.

• Jan 25, 2015

The tension amps up to the point where you hopelessly fall asleep.

The tension amps up to the point where you hopelessly fall asleep.

• Aug 01, 2014

65% The captain may be an understanding guy, as for me, not so much. A rather slow disaster flick, even with the top notch line up of actors. What's long and hard and full of seamen?

• Aug 14, 2013

I thought the movie was good in its day as adventure race against time type of movie. But I have also been on subs and around the people who actually worked rescue submersibles I'm pretty sure to those folks this would be more of a comedy!

• May 31, 2013

Gray Lady Down is a fantastic film. It is about a navy captain who uses his experimental Snark to reach a nuclear submarine stuck on an ocean ledge. Charlton Heston and David Carradine give excellent performances. The screenplay is well written. David Greene did a good job directing this movie. I enjoyed watching this motion picture because of the drama. Gray Lady Down is a must see.

• Nov 07, 2012

Pretty Good Submarine Rescue Film

Pretty Good Submarine Rescue Film

• Oct 08, 2012

Despite an incredible cast of Navy Men (Charlton Heston, Ronny Cox, Stephen McHattie, Stacey Keach, Christopher Reeve, David Carradine, Ned Beatty) this underwater disaster film is a bit of a snooze. A radarless Norwegian cargo ship blindly rams into the USS Neptune sending it into the depths of the Atlantic Ocean. The Navy scrambles to rescue the tin can sailors as they bicker amongst each other. Lots of rising and diving and rising and diving and rising and diving...the drama becomes tiresome after a while punctuated with David Carradine's endless know-it-all eye rolls. VF.