A Great Day in Harlem Reviews

• Aug 15, 2014

Nice introduction to jazz, great story, great photo, but unfortunately is a little too arm's-length to inspire much in my opinion.

• Aug 07, 2011

Brief view of acknowledged jazz royalty and the lesser-known but talented others who gathered together for a photo.

• Sep 12, 2009

Really enjoyed this docu. Jazz and and photography, two top subjects. Really interesting, fab music.

• May 12, 2009

I?ve had this in my Netflix queue (I know, Netflix, sooooo 2007. But anyway?) forever and it was paired with some Spitball movie documentary and was always pushed back by something b-movie-ish or quasi-scary. And I have a friend who always had this dvd stacked in front of the TV, but never asked to borrow it (I don?t see them that often). Well, the standalone documentary is not on instant view and I didn?t know since it was different. This is a historic, legendary, iconic, every superlative descriptive term photo. This documentary interviews a lot of them and those involved in taking the photo, but even more so has all the other photos and video that someone was taking during that time. Everyone?s personality was great and there are back stories to many of the others that were not as popular. Great, great, great. Go see it. Great.

• May 31, 2008

An insanely boring movie that consists of talking heads for a whole 60mins. The fantastic photo does not live up to the content within the film. Movie did not live up to my expectations.

• Nov 02, 2007

Eh, for some reason it didn't live up to my expectations. Nice overview though, but not too in-depth.