The Great Raid Reviews

• Dec 14, 2018

I love movies based on history and this is an amazing story. Japanese were so cruel and this movie captured what history books never documented

• Dec 09, 2018

i thought this was a great war movie

i thought this was a great war movie

• Dec 08, 2018

By far not even the worst war movie but the worst movie of any genre period. Garbage story line garbage acting, garbage action ð' (C)ð' (C)ð' (C)

• Oct 15, 2017

This is a movie loosely based on the most successful rescue mission undertaken by US during WW2. The movie is 30-45 minutes too long; it covers too many angles, a love story, an underground resistance smuggling medicine into the POW camps, the Filipino guerrilla resistance and finally the rescue mission. The raid itself was exciting and enjoyable the rest of the movie is boring.

• Jan 07, 2017

Good movie good story. surprised that the the US left so many behind to suffer under the Japanese

• Sep 21, 2016

Even though I'm real sensitive about what people say about the Japanese, McCain made me think of the POWs.

• Sep 01, 2016

They did a good job and portrayed the raid without trying to revise history.

They did a good job and portrayed the raid without trying to revise history.

• Oct 14, 2015

This is a very well made and entertaining film.

This is a very well made and entertaining film.

• Aug 29, 2015

Although many critics obviously didn't find much to like about this movie, I found it very interesting. I had never heard of this event before, and was happy to see a fairly recent movie using fact-based events where the Americans were actually the heroes! Perhaps that is exactly why those critics DIDN'T like it. I generally have agreed with Roger Ebert, and was glad to see that HE gave it a "FRESH" rating.

• Aug 15, 2015

How about the moderate to average raid.

How about the moderate to average raid.