The Great White Hype - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Great White Hype Reviews

½ July 12, 2015
A very relevant film to share that has a shout out to Dolemite.

GOOGLE: No fear SM radio program
½ May 1, 2015
Foxx steals a one note,one joke dark comedy that gets old quick.
½ January 18, 2015
Great premise. Good satirical look at the sport and business of boxing. Samuel L. Jackson killed in his role. Overall, the movie is good but feels incomplete.
November 15, 2014
boxing fans can appreciate this comedy.
September 18, 2014
Would have been a one but Samuel L Jackson and Jamie Fox absolutely saved it
½ January 2, 2013
The joke is often funny and the actors all look like they're having fun, but it's still a one-joke movie that falls short of its potential .
December 27, 2012
As funny as it is to me, it's what boxing is. for real.
December 7, 2012
Haven't seen as of yet.SLJ is in it doesn't necessarily mean its any good though.
October 9, 2012
A fun satire that is enjoyable to watch. Sam Jackson is at his best as Rev. Fred Sultan but the movie tends to fizzle as the main joke of the movie is beaten like a dead horse.
August 22, 2012
Good movie. Very funny, great performances from Jackson, Wayans, Goldblum, and Foxx.
½ August 17, 2012
both hilarious and accurate, this scathing critique of boxing leaves no jaw un-punched - especially Don King's fat mug
June 1, 2012
This movie is funny. Regardless how the critics hated it, I found this movie hilarious.
½ March 31, 2012
A fun dark comedy from HBO films.
½ April 21, 2011
Another 1990's goldmine that got crushed by vain fart smelling critics. Here is a fun little fact about this movie...

YOU WILL NEVER SEE A MOVIE LIKE THIS EVER MADE AGAIN...

The idea of making a comedy about exploiting racism for money worked perfectly. This movie was so far ahead of its time. Hell, it is 2011 now and I would still say this movie is a head of its time if it came out next week.

This movie is the "Heat" of comedy actors. Not every great comedian is in it but for fuck's sake there are still a ton, and at their prime!

ON A SIDE NOTE: If you like witty shit talking black guys, this may be one of the funniest movies you have ever seen...
½ November 25, 2010
Your my brother! I love you!
November 4, 2010
حضرت ا?... د (C) ...ر (C) اعاشر (C) ......دا ... ا...ا أ?ض اداء ع اأطا, سا... جاس....
September 21, 2010
Interesting and funny and also in places very accurate to the decline of (heavyweight) boxing as a sport. Jackson and Goldblum excel and surprisingly Wayans doesn't grate on me.
August 24, 2010
"I love you". Words to be for warned. An amusing comedy with some great actors. One you should definately check out.
½ August 20, 2010
Great cast, very funny, old classic.