Greedy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Greedy Reviews

½ January 17, 2013
"I fear this has come as a shock to you."

"No, shitting a sail boat, that's a shock. This is a fucken catastrophe!"
November 13, 2012
Silly, but genuinely a good comedy.
November 9, 2012
4 stars because it is real how these people act. Sure it's funny as a movie, but seriously true to form. There is always more greed in the world than good.
½ October 31, 2012
An underrated comedy that is touching and funny, plus Michael J. Fox and Kirk Douglas are great.
October 14, 2012
I love this movie! Kirk Douglas is great in it, I'm a huge Michael J. Fox fan and he is great in this kind of light, warm hearted comedy as usual and I still lust after Olivia d'Abo since I was a kid and she was in Conan the Destroyer.

The supporting cast do a great job of being err Greedy.

This movie makes me glad I'm skint, at least I know I'm loved for me:D
September 18, 2012
This movie was quite funny the entire family enjoyed it with the exception of seeing a lil skin in the beginning.
½ September 8, 2012
I use to watch this movie a fair bit when I was younger and I thought it was really good so I was kind of disapointed when I saw it again wasnt as funny or entertaining as I remembered. The cast is great and the movie isnt that bad I just had some good memories of it and it didnt live up to it.
September 7, 2012
This is not a great movie, but I would have to classify it as highly enjoyable. Michael J. Fox is just one of those actors who makes you enjoy the film, just for him being in the film. I must say the highlight of this movie for me would be the late great Phil Hartman. His "Frank" character is just a perfect Phil Hartman character. Anyway, I would not say make this a priority to see, but if you happen to catch it on t.v., it would at least be amusing. Let's call it a "lazy Sunday" kind of film.
July 21, 2012
Sounds like a fun movie.
½ July 20, 2012
really funny kinda didn't think at first I was going to like the movie but it had a good story to tell and the actors they got were great .... in all a good oldie
July 18, 2012
an amazing cast and a story that sometimes works.
½ June 26, 2012
This is a cute movie especially if you like Fox and Douglas, but overall the plot and story is very weak. It is the acting of Fox and Douglas that saves it from a 10.
June 9, 2012
ink a dink, ink a doo, ink a dink a doo...
May 9, 2012
phil hartman is funny but the film overall is a mess. michael j fox is wasted in a thankless role and the spirit of the movie is quite off.
April 23, 2012
A brilliant ensemble comedy,filled with hilarious dialogue.One of Michael j.Fox,s "lesser" known movies that shows what greed can do to some people.This is an hidden gem of a film that,s ten times funnier than the so-called comedies that come out nowadays.
April 3, 2012
This movie has its humorous moments, but it's far from spectacular.
February 7, 2012
As with Douglas, Lynn and the writers do very well by d'Abo and especially Fox, who holds on to our sympathies even when his well-meaning character is in danger of selling out. Travis, who is able to be simultaneously funny and beautiful in the stylish tradition of Sally Kellerman and Carole Lombard, is most welcome as a consistent moral force and reality check. Greedy is an average comedy with a lot of well known faces, although most of the characters will almost automatically get on your nerves, but both Michael J. Fox and Kirk Douglas give pretty decent performances. The film is fairly basic and predictable, although the last fifteen minutes turn out to be really good, with a couple of surprising twists at the end I didn't see coming.

VERDICT: "In The Zone" - [Mixed Reaction] These kinds of movies are usually movies that had some good things, but some bad things kept it from being amazing. This rating says buy an ex-rental or a cheap price of the DVD to own. If you consider cinema, ask for people's opinion on the film. (Films that are rated 2.5 or 3 stars)
January 31, 2012
This is a pretty funny movie. The families love for money over family is definitely taken to the extreme.
½ January 27, 2012
Where there's a will there's relatives! Entertaining movie, Kirk Douglas is fantastic as is Michael J. Fox, a well written story and an excellent comedic ensemble cast!