Greedy Lying Bastards - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Greedy Lying Bastards Reviews

March 8, 2016
A fair documentary which exposes the issues. But I'm afraid there are better. I found it to dwell too long on examples rather than exploring facts. And I'm afraid, as other have said, I didn't enjoy the narration.
½ August 1, 2015
Propaganda for the masses
½ July 23, 2015
An awfully biased movie full of lies and hatred.
July 22, 2015
Science is not made by consensus, it is made by facts
July 1, 2014
As often with these kinds of movies: it was too preachy and manipulative. They just should have picked a thesis and defend it as neutrally as possible.
May 31, 2014
I couldn't agree more with the filmmaker's basic premise, but it is a real disappointment as a documentary trying to show the connection between big corporate interests' sway over climate change denial and obstructionism. It's poorly paced (too much time on interviews of victims of Colorado wildfires, as if they are the only victims of climate change), and Rosebraugh inserts himself far too much into the narrative, coming across as preachy and self-righteous, rather than allowing the facts to speak for themselves. It's a story that needs to see the light of day but, unfortunately, this isn't the well-researched, balanced approached needed to do it justice.
½ May 23, 2014
I liked the doc. but the voice over/narrator's voice is too effeminate, in my opinion. Someone else being hired to present more dulcet tones would have helped this.
April 6, 2013
wow, communist propagandists ripping on job producers. Original. And it still sucks.
March 24, 2013
Inserting oneself into one's own documentary is no easy task. Michael Moore and Nick Broomfield do it masterfully because they understand that their point of view is THE draw. How will Moore take on THE MAN this time? What misery will Broomfield encounter in trying to gain access to his subject? The point is, unless you've got a singular voice, it's best to stay clear of your own narrative. This is a lesson Craig Scott Rosebraugh should have learned when taking on GREEDY LYING BASTARDS, a compelling yet too-often bland exploration of the great climate change debate.

The topic is simple enough. Those who deny that Global Warming exists are the villains and Al Gore and company are the Second Coming. Didn't we know all of that already from AN INCONVENIENT TRUTH? Regardless, I applaud anyone trying to make sense out of the mess we're in, but a little cinematic flair wouldn't have killed anyone, right? Instead, we get Rosebraugh's stilted voiceovers, power point presentation graphics, and a lot of finger pointing at some rich, powerful snobs. Whenever Rosebraugh tries to become part of the story, by, shocker, making phone calls (gasp!), the seams start to show, the yawns start forming, and I prayed for an overweight, baseball-hatted Michigan man to come to the rescue and create a hailstorm on one of these Yale Alum's McMansions.

His interviews with locals who have suffered through fires and floods make Honey Boo Boo look like Stephen Hawkings. All that's missing is a DELIVERANCE banjo and some hot, squealy piggy sex. It's sad, lacks focus, and is didactic one minute and begging for tears the next. It's a hot, unnatural mess strangely enough about our natural mess. Not else much to say here. You know the debate. It's one of the most essential topics of our lives, so fer chrissakes, dude, don't bore the sh*t out of us in the telling! And seriously with that hideous Death Metal end credits song? UGH!
½ March 23, 2013
Anything that Christofascist Republicans don't want people to know about or talking about is something that is obviously worth seeing and talking about.
March 22, 2013
Rosebraugh tries to tackle many issues from many different angles. This film would best be serve to focus on the main "Greedy Lying Bastards", the Koch brothers, their payroll and the effects of their greed, politics, and control. Everybody else is limited without the brothers' money and influence.
March 17, 2013
Sounds like politcal propoganda too me. Global warming does exist, however it existed since the beginning of this planet and billions of years before man. This planet goes in cycles, Global Warming & IceAge, these are facts. I will agree as any of the politicians that you are trying to expose in this movie for simply doing making money, that yes we are helping it along, but just like the dinosaurs when this planet decides to shake us like a bad flea, it will do so and there's nothing that environmentalists can do to change that. Sorry, you're debunked. With that said you might want to change your efforts towards a more dangerous problem that is facing this nation within our life time, it's called bankrupting this great country.
March 16, 2013
An important and engaging film on climate change and corporate greed. it's eye-opening and disturbing, but there are also satisfying moments when the propaganda-mongers get put in their place. Definitely worth seeing...
March 15, 2013
Films like this do a disservice to the qwest for truth. What does the waldo canyon fire and the interviews with those poor souls who lived it have to do with anything. It was a fire precipitated by some high winds. Unfortunate. We need generals in the ranks of producers and directors for truth. Not weaklings. This film is a disservice.
March 12, 2013
Already know it's a bunch of crap without seeing it.
March 12, 2013
Global warming deniers must see this documentary to wake up from the deception fed to them by mega corporations bent on unlimited profit irregardless of the consequences on the masses, including the very people they brainwashed to doubt the very real global environmental crisis unfolding year after year. This film presents powerful evidences of the scumbaggery by the greedy conservative elites to confuse everyday Americans to pick fights with fellow Americans trying to protect what's left of our decaying planetary environment. Highly recommend this movie to all American families, especially all students. This movie should be mandatory showing in every high school and every public and private gathering across the nation.
½ March 11, 2013
Denialists defy the scientists still. Usual profit and power. No Dixie, Brawny. Koch Industries are #1 for climate change denialists groups - have spent 67 mil so far and at end of movie are shown saying they plan to spend a whole lot more for 2014 and beyond. Nice!
½ March 9, 2013
A really great film, lots of exposure of the lies of deniers.