Greedy Lying Bastards Reviews

• Mar 08, 2016

A fair documentary which exposes the issues. But I'm afraid there are better. I found it to dwell too long on examples rather than exploring facts. And I'm afraid, as other have said, I didn't enjoy the narration.

• Aug 01, 2015

Propaganda for the masses

Propaganda for the masses

• Jul 23, 2015

An awfully biased movie full of lies and hatred.

An awfully biased movie full of lies and hatred.

• May 23, 2014

I liked the doc. but the voice over/narrator's voice is too effeminate, in my opinion. Someone else being hired to present more dulcet tones would have helped this.

• Apr 06, 2013

wow, communist propagandists ripping on job producers. Original. And it still sucks.

Glenn G Super Reviewer
    Mar 24, 2013

Inserting oneself into one's own documentary is no easy task. Michael Moore and Nick Broomfield do it masterfully because they understand that their point of view is THE draw. How will Moore take on THE MAN this time? What misery will Broomfield encounter in trying to gain access to his subject? The point is, unless you've got a singular voice, it's best to stay clear of your own narrative. This is a lesson Craig Scott Rosebraugh should have learned when taking on GREEDY LYING BASTARDS, a compelling yet too-often bland exploration of the great climate change debate. The topic is simple enough. Those who deny that Global Warming exists are the villains and Al Gore and company are the Second Coming. Didn't we know all of that already from AN INCONVENIENT TRUTH? Regardless, I applaud anyone trying to make sense out of the mess we're in, but a little cinematic flair wouldn't have killed anyone, right? Instead, we get Rosebraugh's stilted voiceovers, power point presentation graphics, and a lot of finger pointing at some rich, powerful snobs. Whenever Rosebraugh tries to become part of the story, by, shocker, making phone calls (gasp!), the seams start to show, the yawns start forming, and I prayed for an overweight, baseball-hatted Michigan man to come to the rescue and create a hailstorm on one of these Yale Alum's McMansions. His interviews with locals who have suffered through fires and floods make Honey Boo Boo look like Stephen Hawkings. All that's missing is a DELIVERANCE banjo and some hot, squealy piggy sex. It's sad, lacks focus, and is didactic one minute and begging for tears the next. It's a hot, unnatural mess strangely enough about our natural mess. Not else much to say here. You know the debate. It's one of the most essential topics of our lives, so fer chrissakes, dude, don't bore the sh*t out of us in the telling! And seriously with that hideous Death Metal end credits song? UGH!

• Mar 23, 2013

Anything that Christofascist Republicans don't want people to know about or talking about is something that is obviously worth seeing and talking about.

• Mar 22, 2013

Rosebraugh tries to tackle many issues from many different angles. This film would best be serve to focus on the main "Greedy Lying Bastards", the Koch brothers, their payroll and the effects of their greed, politics, and control. Everybody else is limited without the brothers' money and influence.

• Mar 16, 2013

An important and engaging film on climate change and corporate greed. it's eye-opening and disturbing, but there are also satisfying moments when the propaganda-mongers get put in their place. Definitely worth seeing...

• Mar 15, 2013

Films like this do a disservice to the qwest for truth. What does the waldo canyon fire and the interviews with those poor souls who lived it have to do with anything. It was a fire precipitated by some high winds. Unfortunate. We need generals in the ranks of producers and directors for truth. Not weaklings. This film is a disservice.