Green Lantern Reviews

• Oct 25, 2020

Bad but almost good in fun way

Bad but almost good in fun way

• Oct 01, 2020

Not as bad as I thought it would be and the extended cut is better (not dramatically but arguably is a more well rounded film) but there is a lack of somethings coming together. like why introduce us to his family if they play literally no part in the rest of the movie? the 3rd act sort of just happens and some CGI is awful (looking at those robot arms bruh) but the outer space stuff is good, Ryan does a decent job and Mark Strong is great as Sinestro. but the script needs some serious reworking.

• Sep 26, 2020

God bless this mess. Such a bad movie with a great actor.

God bless this mess. Such a bad movie with a great actor.

• Sep 24, 2020

Story/Screenplay: (4/5) A nice introduction to Green Lantern. Typical of most superhero stories, but as there haven't been any other big-budget portrayals of this subject character, to some extent the story is unique. Overall, a fun ride with a good set of antagonists and a contrasting set of "good guys". Duration/Tempo: (4/5) At 1 hour and 54 minutes, it's a longer than average movie that felt short. This film moved along quickly. Really well paced. Cast & Crew: (4/5) Solid performances from Ryan Reynolds, Peter Sarsgaard, and Mark Strong. Blake Lively was very good in one of her better roles. Summary: (4/5) The story and cast were very good, and the film felt short. A thumbs up.

• Sep 23, 2020

A film with a great execution, crashes and burns with the script.

A film with a great execution, crashes and burns with the script.

• Sep 18, 2020

After having seen "Rogue" recently with Hugh Jackman and finding that to be my favorite superhero movie ever, by far, other films in this genre just seem barely okay. And Green Lantern is just that, barely okay. There are some great visuals. Yea, Ryan Reynolds is handsome, Blake Lively beautiful, but neither are what I call great actors (like Hugh Jackman) and so their looks hold your attention for only so long. I thought the set with The Guardians very original, and the REALLY BIG bad villain also original, although the conflict/plot didn't much make sense. Some backstory is needed, so if you really want to get the plot, read some of the comic books. I bought this one, an extended blu-ray cut, for a quarter at the 'used' section at the library, and it's definitely worth 25 cents.

• Sep 16, 2020

Extended edition: uhmm

Extended edition: uhmm

• Sep 06, 2020

It ok to kill a littel time would not go out my way to see it. The production and editing needs a lot of work scrip is also a little cheesy. It an ok film seen a lot worse films in my time.

• Sep 06, 2020

I like Ryan Reynolds performance and his character but everyone else like Blake Lively, the villain, and everyone else. This movie is dumb and 2 hours of CGI.

• Aug 17, 2020

Maybe fans only? Weird looking nude suit but good performances all around, enjoy with fast food.