Green Card - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Green Card Reviews

May 19, 2010
U dont have a Green Card????
April 17, 2010
Dry boring humor, with a slight touch of romance
getshort78
April 9, 2010
Green Card fuses the template of a light romantic comedy with a classic fish-out-of-water scenario. In order to retain her beautiful rent-controlled Manhattan apartment, a beautiful, socially-conscious American woman (Andie MacDowell) has to be married, so she decides to marry a burly French composer (Gerard Depardieu), who is eager to earn a green card so he can stay and work in America. After the marriage, the couple doesn't live together, but when the government's Immigration agents begin to investigate the pair, they are forced to put up a charade to convince the authorities that they are truly in love. Of course, the charade eventually becomes reality.
March 24, 2010
Charming and pretty funny at times. A good date movie.
½ March 23, 2010
I love Andie MacDowell and I was pleasantly surprised by Cepardieu whom I was prepared not to like for some reason.
March 21, 2010
It wasn't very believeable to me. The plot wasn't strong enough to make it seem like they really felt something for each other and their affection for one another almost seemed spontaneous which doesn't happen in the real world.
½ March 9, 2010
Comedia romàntica de Peter Weir o cuando te casas con un completo desconocido , la volvì a ver despuès de años y veo que no ha envejecido , estupendos Gerard Depardieu y Andie McDowell .
February 14, 2010
I love this film, honestly. One of the most sophisticated love comedies I have ever watched (except for the last 30 min.) The two main actors seem very much engaged to their roles thanks to Peter Weir's clever directing which brings their personal backgrounds to the roles. Besides excellent performance by Depardieu and MacDowell. the rhythm of the movie is just amazing, especially where there is no line (but still camera is focused on actors, means, silent scenes). As I stated, I think the last 30 min. is all of a sudden a rush - I could, or wanted to, be in the world of this film at least an hour longer. I understand there is anti for this ending, but I think this way of ending this film is the most right and romantic overall.
February 9, 2010
Red card for director Weir and its cast.
January 18, 2010
It should not be said that Green Card is not entertaining. It is a great watch and no waste of time watching, although 'easy' viewing. It follows a simple format for the romantic comedy genre. Two people thrown together must change and learn to fit together to ultimately fall in love. With problems along the way. In this film this would be the sham marriage to obtain a green card and a green house which would only be given to a married couple.
The plot is predictable, and a little stale. It seems that many of the characters are stock charaters seen in hundreds of films before, some characters don't seem to have any purpose at all but to be a spring board for a couple of vegetarian jokes.
This does leave the film wanting, however what Green Card does not lack is charm and charisma. Mostly coming Gerard Departieu who steals the show by being his normal oafish buffoon who acts without thought. He is far more than a clown though, showing emotion, compassion and sensitivity. Through this juxtaposition lies the films sparkle and charm and will leave you happy. Just not breath taken. MDB
½ January 6, 2010
A sweet romance, the Enya soundtrack is fantastic.
January 5, 2010
Good movie, but "The Proposal" was much better.
½ December 26, 2009
Lovely comedy. I wish I find someone like Gerard, he's my kind of man.
½ December 22, 2009
Fairly funny movie...I somehow liked Depardieu's acting...ok for a quite night in
½ December 16, 2009
I really enjoyed this one
December 10, 2009
sounds like a good move that i will wach some time
December 3, 2009
This movie though not horrible,has no edge,its plot is boring.This is indeed a love story,and it has a few cute moments,but by no means was it entertaining.
½ December 3, 2009
Must be Depardieu, but still have a soft spot for this movie :-)
November 30, 2009
Ma nagyon sokan, egy üzenetre várnak,
Akik, szeretnek, csak egy szóra vágynak.
A szó a szerelem, mi oly szép, ha igaz,
S kimondva az embernek, a lelki vigasz..
Akik csalódtak és ma nem köszöntenek,
Azokhoz szól, most ez a szívbéli üzenet.
Ha borúsnak látod is néha, a felh?s eget,
A felh? elszáll, a nap kisüt, és szíved újra szeret.
Sokszor érezzük nem lesz már szerelem,
Az élet sem más, csupán, csak rejtelem.
Mégis ott él szívünkben az örök remény,
...Mi el nem múlik soha, amíg az ember él.
Kellemes szép napot!
½ November 24, 2009
Dont get this film
A friend of mine said that it is ok at the end!! I cant see it!!
Dissapointed mr Depardieu as your a fking actor u could have acted too stay!