Green Dolphin Street - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Green Dolphin Street Reviews

½ November 24, 2015
The movie info on rotten tomatoes is really off regarding 'Green Dolphin St.' Sounds like they might have fast forwarded through the film and got the wrong ideas (several times) It's a good costume drama, a star studded cast and was nominated for special effects-principally for the earthquake scenes. The movie is long, yes, but only because it doesn't skip over details. It covers a fair bit of time & different locations. Van Heflin is particularly fine in his role as the self made man. And again, the movie info below is completely wrong, I don't understand how they came to describe the film synopsis that way, but take a look, it's a great movie.
April 18, 2015
Excellent movie and acting! It shows values that are lacking in our culture today.
½ February 27, 2014
the EFX are a little dated but still very watchable in this massive costume drama, one of MGM's best biggest production for MGM in 1947
½ April 17, 2010
For some reason I love this film and can watch it over and over again
October 28, 2009
Outstanding melodrama, extremely well produced and it has some awesome special effects. Great story, well acted by all. Lana Turner excels in one of her finest performances. The supporting cast is first rate. Exciting story, very well done.
September 11, 2009
Great story! A very powerful strong performances, in this classic from Hollywood's golden years
½ February 26, 2009
A quite decent love story filled with love triangles and failed romance gallore. I saw this film a yr ago and was pulled right into the story but havent though on it since then until seeing it again today. I guess most men would avoid such romantic material but if they gave it a chance they'd enjoy it. Its not a action film but it has a violent earth quake and angry marori tribes. For the time the effects are good the earth quake is well filmed with ppl being eaten by giant fisures and builings shakeing apart. The acting is stellar with Lana Turner showing her beauty and star quallity. Nice to see a romance in film that isnt perfect...
October 17, 2008
Epic romantic drama set for the most part in New Zealand, and by that fact alone, unlike any other American film of its time. Apart from a top notch cast, the film boasts fantastic special effects which really add to the ongoing drama.
January 3, 2008
Watch out guys....the ending is a doosie! But a great film...I really liked it despite it's lil surprises and ups and downs.
½ November 20, 2007
it is as great as the book , although they are quite a few differences but these are small things.....van heflin plays Timothy my favourite character

one of the best movies, very classic hollywood
July 31, 2007
I want to own this movie! This is a never to be forgotten story. Just thinking about it makes me want to order it from Amazon tonight.
July 15, 2007
This is a must see movie! It is a heart stopper when Marguerite is stranded by the tides. Two sisters love the same man. What a story!
March 10, 2007