The Green Hornet - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Green Hornet Reviews

March 23, 2017
A couple of lines which made me chuckle are literally the only good things I can think of about it... and I can't even remember those.
January 16, 2017
Wow! Awesome. A full review is coming soon. But for now, it's 'Pineapple Express' meets 'Kick-Ass'.
January 3, 2017
It's good movie to watch
December 22, 2016
Una presa in giro ai veri eroi del cinema
½ December 20, 2016
for me so boring, stupid and with bad actors
December 10, 2016
Tried to hate it from the first time I seen it but now I'm waiting for it to come out.
December 1, 2016
A pointless action-packed movie that lacks the retro style and doesn't even resemble the TV series, with sleep-inducing action scenes, an irritating dialogue stretched forever and a messy script (co-written by Seth Rogen) that never decides between annoying and tedious.
½ October 17, 2016
Really wanted to like this but it was genuinely terrible. Only positives are the action was not bad and the story line did make some degree of sense even though it was terrible. What Christoph Waltz was doing being in this film is a mystery.
October 13, 2016
I know, it was pretty hard for me to imagine Seth Rogan as a superhero too, but as it turns out things aren't exactly as they appear. In this 2011 re-imaging of the series, Rogan play Britt Reid, the son of a billionaire publisher, who (surprise surprise) is a big time party animal, with no real ambition in life. When his father passes away suddenly, Reid is given this huge empire to run and with no idea how to do it, he starts to lean on the people around him, people like Kato (Jay Chou). Reid knew Kato for years, but knew nothing of what he could create and nothing of the skills he was capable of. With Kato's help, Reid decided to take on crime in the city, only one problem, he sucks at it. This film may be the most evenly scored film I've ever reviewed, because I can honestly say my like and dislikes were exactly fifty-fifty, most notably were the cast. Seth Rogan in the right setting is brilliant and in the wrong setting is just annoying as hell, with that hardly laugh and his never taking anything seriously, it is perhaps never more abundantly apparent as it is here. Cameron Diaz also adds nothing to the cast, but name recognition and a lazy one sided performance. On the other hand, Jay Chou was fantastic as Kato, he was clever, funny, exciting, and in my opinion he made this movie, it simply isn't a superhero film with him. Then there is Christoph Waltz, the man with the mesmerizing voice who forever capture our attention in Inglorious Bastards, and has been the quintessential bad guy in everything since. The bottom line is the new Green Hornet isn't without it's problems, but the story here is better than I expected it to be, there are some stand outs among the cast, and the special effects and fight scenes were hit or miss. This is the kind of film you'll be into or you won't. Just like my list, audiences are going to be fifty-fifty on the one as well.
October 7, 2016
Pretty fun adaptation. Great visuals and action sequences. To long though, and who in their right mind thought Seth Rogan was a good idea for this...?!!
September 28, 2016
Britt Reid, is yet another millionaire playboy, who even more than Tony Stark, Oliver Queen and Bruce Wayne, isn't pretending to be a shallow misogynistic waste of space. He actually is. However when it comes to the crunch he 'mans up' and with more than a little help from the genius inventor and kung fu badass Kato, he actually starts to become a genuine hero. Have a beer and chill, this is a funny and entertaining movie if you are prepared to give it a chance. Many didn't. Perhaps they prefer their Millionaire Playboys to be more like Bruce Wayne, but personally I'd prefer to watch this for a tenth time rather than a Nolan Batman for a third time.
September 28, 2016
I'm not sure why people don't enjoy this movie.
September 18, 2016
Entretaining, on the line of the series jokes
½ September 3, 2016
Full of continuity errors, abominable acting, recycled shots and strong homoerotic undertones that border on gratuity, this is a pile of turds that's a must see on your Bad Movie Night.
August 31, 2016
If your a fan of superheroes and superhero movies don't see this its violent for a PG-13 movie and it's like if Seth Rogen and James Franco thought of making a superhero movie that is an action comedy and it was PG-13. Don't see this film if you like superheroes or not.
August 13, 2016
Only mildly amusing.
½ August 8, 2016
I'm not entirely sure of what I just watched or how much I enjoyed it. Thanks to Seth Rogen on MovieFights, I checked out this movie, and he was absolutely right. This was something to watch! Very weird, very strange, very entertaining, a much better choice than Spider-Man 3. What was this? A deconstruction of a sixties television show? A love letter to pulp heroism? A Speed-Racer-like big-screen adaptation? A stoner comedy with masks? A spiritual sequel to the Super Mario Bros. Movie? This was amazing.
June 13, 2016
The Green Hornet is an action packed movie. This is one of Seth Rogen's best movies ever. The plot of the movie is hilarious and amazing. I would suggest this movie.
jamrcla
June 3, 2016
Very good film it has abit of everything, Love Seth Rogan and he plays the hero well, Some nice action scenes, Allot of exploading cars and some comedy thrown in what tops it off, I can't comment on the 3D as I watched the 2D version but it was still a brilliantly funny film.
½ May 19, 2016
It fails completely as a movie. There is no plot. It is a complete waste of 118 minutes.