The Green Hornet - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Green Hornet Reviews

August 13, 2016
Only mildly amusing.
½ August 8, 2016
I'm not entirely sure of what I just watched or how much I enjoyed it. Thanks to Seth Rogen on MovieFights, I checked out this movie, and he was absolutely right. This was something to watch! Very weird, very strange, very entertaining, a much better choice than Spider-Man 3. What was this? A deconstruction of a sixties television show? A love letter to pulp heroism? A Speed-Racer-like big-screen adaptation? A stoner comedy with masks? A spiritual sequel to the Super Mario Bros. Movie? This was amazing.
July 16, 2016
A pointless action-packed movie that lacks the retro style and doesn't even resemble the TV series, with sleep-inducing action scenes, an irritating dialogue stretched forever and a messy script (co-written by Seth Rogen) that never decides between annoying and tedious,
June 13, 2016
The Green Hornet is an action packed movie. This is one of Seth Rogen's best movies ever. The plot of the movie is hilarious and amazing. I would suggest this movie.
June 3, 2016
Very good film it has abit of everything, Love Seth Rogan and he plays the hero well, Some nice action scenes, Allot of exploading cars and some comedy thrown in what tops it off, I can't comment on the 3D as I watched the 2D version but it was still a brilliantly funny film.
½ May 19, 2016
It fails completely as a movie. There is no plot. It is a complete waste of 118 minutes.
May 3, 2016
Some cute moments swimming in a pool of pretty uninspired "meh".
½ April 30, 2016
Grade: A. Absolutely loved it. It was amazing.
March 18, 2016
Very enjoyable film.
½ March 16, 2016
Not quite Seth Rogen's best piece of writing, but FAR from his worst, or at least far from his least favourite. It's enjoyable and funny, with a great soundtrack and snappy dialogue. I. Liked it. Yeah, Roger Ebert? You wanna fight? Bring it on.
½ February 20, 2016
It was funny,but lacks the charm of what could have been better. That car, in the other hand, was amazing!
½ January 18, 2016
I'm my option its a little underrated, this was entertaining to me more often than it wasn't, and the acting is pretty good here.
January 8, 2016
Enjoyable. Rich kid grows up with a hard case father who dies and leaves everything to him. An intelligent employee of his father is helpful in battling corruption irresponsibly.
January 1, 2016
I lost interest at probably eight minutes through the film. I felt as if it was trying to be like Iron Man and Batman : a rich playboy who goes out on the drink until a serious death in the family happens ! Suddenly they are a Super-Hero ! Iron Man and Batman perfected that storyline this could of been but not so good ! No Offence but Seth Rogen a superhero; come on
December 12, 2015
A silly superhero flick that is often funny and entertaining, but impossible to take seriously. Seth Rogen is a total goof and although the premise is somewhat stupid, the slow motion fight sequences are very cool.
December 2, 2015
A fun movie to watch, with good effects, and great acting, and a interesting plot.
November 27, 2015
Can't believe I actually want to see this...I want to hate it so much, but it has so much going for it based on trailers and its cast.
½ November 24, 2015
Despite all of the negative reviews this movie is not at all as bad the critics said. The movie has some flaws but has so awesome action pieces and a little bit of comedy. Rate 7.5/10
November 20, 2015
I'll give rogen credit the 1960 show of green hornet was (dispite being bruce lee's first role) a total bore as for the comics I guess they weren't very popular like batman or superman
½ September 28, 2015
It's hard to tell what's intentional chaos and what's choppy editing due to studio interference (how can a movie be so clearly cut down for time and yet still be two hours long?), but it does make for a pretty entertaining experience, even when it seems to be in service of nothing. It is difficult to care about whatever is happening to the characters amidst the chaos, but it is perversely fun to watch, especially when Gondry gets to cut loose. And it's pretty funny.