The Green Hornet Reviews

• Dec 31, 2020

Not good at all. It's very boring and the writing is just bad. Very forgettable and will make you fall asleep

• Dec 01, 2020

The Green Hornet is a movie I find mildly entertaining. I mean yeah it doesn't stay all too faithful to the source material and doesn't really come off as a fantastic comic book superhero movie much like The Dark Knight or The Avengers, but it does succeed being a decent action comedy movie, and I'm pretty sure this movie will find it's fan base in time, maybe.

• Oct 15, 2020

The starting scene in the film is actually brilliant because it's starts off with James Franco and Christoph Waltz. I thought from there this is going to be a great film but then (SPOILERS) James Franco and his crew all died. Then from there this movie went to shit. I think if James Franco was still in it, it would have made this film just a bit better but the whole movie alone was just bad the acting was horrible. I recommend not to watch this but if you want just search the starting scene up on YouTube and then see how it started off good.

• Aug 30, 2020

One of the worst movies I've ever seen.

One of the worst movies I've ever seen.

• Aug 24, 2020

The Green Hornet's plot is alright but it could be a lot better. The characters throughout this movie are pretty fun especially Green Hornet (Seth Rogen) he brings a lot of energy to his character but Kato (Jay Chou) feels like a wasted character throughout this movie. I thought the action sequences were quite fun and bloody, especially that one nearer to the end, that ones honestly brutal. The funny moments were pretty hit and miss in my opinion, there's quite a few which work quite well and there's quite a few that don't but the ones that do, are actually pretty funny. Overall, The Green Hornet is alright but it needs a better script and some more better and funny scenes with Kato, this is pretty much so he doesn't feel like a completely wasted character throughout this movie.

• Jul 23, 2020

Decent watch, might watch again, but I don't feel it's a confident recommendation. I know it's based off a (1936) vigilante hero that actually pre-dates Batman (1939), and that means there is a long, rich history there, but....I don't care. I'm not sure why it started, and I don't feel like researching it. This movie, looks like it just lifted part of Seth Rogen's life and put a Green Hornet skin on it. I'm sure he pays some asian guy to perform martial arts for him while he parties. Jokes aside, it was nice to see Rogen hit his limit on a believable action front: which does involve someone else (in this case, Jay Chou) doing most of the work. Rogen fits right into the role of a spoiled, obnoxious party boy, but even though he's supposed to be the funny one, Jay Chou is just as funny with Cameron Diaz putting out some humor as well. I'm clearly not a Seth Rogen fan, and I don't think I'm a Green Hornet fan: I'm realizing I'm not even a Batmobile fan just now. I guess I'm not into cool cars, and a firefight is a firefight, having a gas gun isn't interesting. All said and done, it's a good experience, there are just a lot of other movies, even "super" hero movies to watch before this.

• Jul 16, 2020

A run-of-the-mill superhero flick, that despite its solid action sequences and hilarious moments, it has flat and one-dimensional characters, a derivative and generic plot, and lots of clichés.

• May 23, 2020

It's not spectacular but theres enough laughs from Seth Rogan to keep it entertaining. Overall, it's an average film.

• May 21, 2020

At the moment in this misdirected misadventure when the miserably miscast Rogen pieces together the bad guy's bad plan, it's as if he's speaking straight to the audience when he says, "Confused? You oughta be."

• May 17, 2020

The show is great. Rogen takes that and tries to make it a comedy. I wish this movie turned out better but oh well.