Green River - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Green River Reviews

½ January 31, 2014
Horrendously acted low budget serial killer movie. The two lead actresses were terrible - overacting and stumbling over their lines. The story is weak; not given enough information to make heads or tails of it. Head scratcher: why did they make this? To what purpose? Dreadful...
November 22, 2013
i have read this as a book which the book is much better than the movie but I can remember who wrote the book anyone know?
October 15, 2013
Bring two very stupid women together and you get a really empty movie. Camera work is useless at times as it interferes with the story. Actors are incapable. The dialogue is pathetic as is the false musical pseudo fear that is kept circling around the non action. This is a bad TV movie that should never have been picked up off the editing floor. Nibbles: Barbeque Sausages.
½ August 19, 2013
The worst acting, directing, and cinematography ever seen in a movie. The story made no sense, the characters were unlikable, and there was no real storyline. Stay away!
February 5, 2013
This is the worst movie I've ever seen. I stopped watching when the two girls are firing a gun at a man for no apparent reason. Horrible acting. Don't waste your time.
SteveStrange
February 3, 2013
I am undecided about this and need to give it another viewing. Green River is about two girls who attract a lot of attention from weird locals when they travel into some mountains, presumably in western South Dakota. This would have to be either the Black Hills, which it doesn't look like, or further west in the foothills of the rockies in Wyoming or Montana, which it does look like. Anyway, this bit of geographic inaccuracy aside, the area is presented as being like West Virginia in Wrong Turn.

The rural area is revealed to have a high incidence of missing women and it is hinted at that satanism may be to blame. They had my attention at this point. Before the girls even get to their family's long unused mountain cabin, they are followed by some creepy questionable weirdo, and odd things start to go wrong, such as their car battery being dead, etc. etc.

Eventually the girls square off with the shadowy character and one of the pair wants to torment and kill him. This is where the story becomes confusing. The crazier girl of the two can't just kill the guy and be done with it, and the other won't stop her, but won't take decisive action to end the ordeal. It is hinted at that the guy might be some sort of cop, but he has ample opportunity to explain himself and never does.

The plot became rather far-fetched at this point and the filmmakers lost my attention. I let the movie run in the background while I did some computer maintenance. I started watching again at the end, in which it appears that movie actually had something supernatural to say, but the conclusion was a bit ambiguous and murky, thus the need to re watch it.

I think that the writer had a good idea here, but wasn't sure how to present it, or the director tampered with the script. When I get the opportunity I will rent this one again and give it another chance as it looked like it might be better than I was giving it credit for.
½ June 3, 2012
I totally agree with you Steve. Question...the cop turns out to be the killer right???
May 28, 2012
This is one of the most one-dimensional, most poorly acted films I've ever tried to sit through. The synopsis makes it sound much more interesting than it is, but at least if the acting had been good I'd have been able to sit through it. Everyone was obnoxious and phony, and I just could not do it for more than half an hour. Don't waste your time.
July 23, 2011
This was THE WORST movie I have ever seen. I had to shut it off a little more than halfway through because it was so stupid it gave me a headache, and I've never done that to any of the bad movies that Ive seen, and I've seen a lot. The epitome of bad movies.
April 22, 2011
Oh man what a boring movie this was fell a sleep in the begenning that never happens everrrr it only got interseting at the end when it was over thank god I didnt buy this one this time
½ March 19, 2011
Poor acting and well not that good of a movie
January 6, 2011
This movie was absolutely horrible, the acting sucked and it wasn't suspenseful at all. It was a waste of my time.
½ January 6, 2011
½ July 31, 2010
This movie sucks more than... Getting your socks wet... Giving a cat a flea dip... Rotting fish.
½ December 1, 2009
½ December 1, 2009
I am surprised at the generally negative reviews. I thought it was a suspenseful thriller, fresh and unpredictable. The acting isn?t the greatest, but the woods setting is very effective. Well directed. 6.5/10.
December 24, 2008
What can I say? The 3rd act is a killer.