Greenfingers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Greenfingers Reviews

May 31, 2015
My favorite feel good gardening movie. Helen Mirren's performance as gardening expert Georgina Woodhouse is a comic gem.
May 27, 2015
Clive Owens shows his chops in this feel good underdog comedy.
March 2, 2015
I absolutely loved the movie. Well done!
½ December 4, 2014
Great movie. The cast is awesome and does a great job with a well written script. The views are wonderful to look at, the story is an uplifting one to hear, and knowing it is based off a true story makes it all the better. It is a love story, a story of personal growth, and a story to show that not everyone who does something bad is a bad person. I highly recommend it.
½ August 11, 2014
A good story with a brilliant cast. It is not often that you come across such a light-hearted prison movie to enjoy.
July 27, 2014
Pleasant story and Clive Owen and Helen Mirren are always worth a watch. David Kelly is his usual great self. Enjoyable.
January 15, 2014
Awesome little comedy like only the Brits know how to do them. The cast is impeccable, the story well written & solidly directed. A nice surprise.
½ November 27, 2013
the love story wasn't realistic.
½ April 20, 2013
A little schmatzy, but absolutely delightful!
½ January 26, 2013
a beautiful, heartwarming movie with an excellent Clive Owen.
December 2, 2012
I adore this true story about English inmates that enter a garden contest.
December 2, 2012
I adore this true story about English inmates that enter a garden contest.
½ October 23, 2012
This is a heart-warming, inspirational film about prisoners who become masters of gardening. Based on a true story, which is even better. It's nice to see a different prison film. Although it's not as funny as it could be, it has managed to entertain.
September 14, 2012
Another good gentle British comedy. Contains all the main ingredients, good story, personal trauma, romance, a little but obvious tragedy and comedy, of course. Here inmates at an open prison discover a passion for gardening and are entered at a flower show at Hampton court.
½ August 25, 2012
The movie works fine enough as a comedy, but I would rather it have been a drama.
June 14, 2012
cool movie, but it's stupid how he commits crime too go back into jail
after he just got released.
it's kinda sad when the old man dies and he spreads his ashes around the garden
February 22, 2012
Love this movie! But perhaps you have to be a gardener to really get it. For me, it is a classic feel good movie that I know I'll watch again!
January 29, 2012
Greenfingers, which is inspired by actual events, is a wonderful movie. Prisoners being reborn through gardening may not seem very action-packed or interesting, but this movie will keep you interested and curious as to the outcome, and Clive Owen keeps his cool in a part that begs for overacting. Even though the movie falls back on a time-worn formula, it's a good formula. I enjoyed it.
January 14, 2012
Fun, different sort of romantic comedy based on true story. Low security prisoners are set to gardening. They decide to enter the Queen's Garden Show. You should just HEAR the different ideas each con comes up with---pretty funny.
½ September 16, 2011