Greetings From the Shore - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Greetings From the Shore Reviews

July 12, 2014
Dry, boring with mediocre acting. Not sure why it got such high praise. Complete waist of time.
October 14, 2012
A pleasant summer romance and drama on the Jersey shore in Lavallette. Well-acted, and the story was interesting, if not compelling. Best line: "It's good to stay in the shadows, but sometimes you have to step out of the shadows."
½ July 8, 2011
A fairly good film, though there were random moments of cheesiness (probably a combination of how the script was written and the acting performance). The cast works well together throughout all of the occasions that occur in the film.
May 30, 2011
yes it's cliche-ridden and a bit hokey, but this film had a charm to it that drew me in. Probably had something to do with the actress that played Jenny and the relationships she developed with the other characters. and i guess i always love seeing the working class triumph over the silver-spoon class ala "Summer Rental", "One Crazy Summer" and the classic "Caddyshack". But this one is more heartfelt and less comedic. still a treat to watch.
February 26, 2011
Hokey and kinda dumb, but it had a predictable yet sweet ending. Nobody super hot in this one though. :(
August 7, 2010
I like this movie, very heart felt, good story and wasn't disappoint at all.
½ August 7, 2010
Charming romance movie that pulls at your heart strings. We've all been where Jenny is... trying to find our place in the world. We have all had promises we wished to keep no matter what the cost and we have all had to struggle to get where we wanted in life. This movie is about how to overcoming it. The acting in this movie was superb. The script was a little touch and go in some places but overall the journey is worth the road you travel, A must see for romantics and lovers of romance movies.
½ July 3, 2010
Though moderately charming at times, at nearly two hours, it overstays its welcome by showing off all the flaws the same film at 90 minutes might have gotten away with.
September 21, 2008
haha im in this movie
September 15, 2008
The major flaw with this film is its lead character's development is highly predictable, this is far from subtle, but it is a beautifully photographed look at the Jersey shore, so that's a plus.
½ September 13, 2008
i was in the background of the party scene of Greetings from the Shore... with Jay O. Sanders who was in JFK with Kevin Bacon. Two steps!