Gremlins - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Gremlins Reviews

½ November 6, 2015
It's a classic it has to be said. Took me a while to watch it but good fun - not particularly great acting or special effects but you appreciate it for what it is
November 5, 2015
Monsters from the 80's where one of the best and Gremlins is really a defining one. It's an entertaining Christmas themed movie, with good acting and special effects, although the creature effects can look a little animatronic. It's certainly a classic monster comedy film. Recommended !!
November 1, 2015
Another movie from the 80s that has only become more cherished the older it gets. Mogwai might just be the cutest creature ever created for the screen. My heart melts every time Gizmo is on screen. I want one!! The film is seriously dated & overflowing with that crappy childish horror/comedy mix from the 80s but it's a shit load better than most films of that period. This deserves a remake!
October 26, 2015
Fun and entertaining film. Cheesy by today's standards but the special effects are still fun to watch.
October 12, 2015
The Gremlins is just really silly, but manages to be a great movie and is memorable!
October 12, 2015
This is a great introduction to the horror genre. It's well-timed and has a wonderful retro feel to it. I found all the characters interesting except Billy. He's a little two/dimensional in a film full of such colorful characters. And of course Howie Mandell does a great job as the voice of Gizmo.
September 30, 2015
Tons of mindless chaos and strange effects, it just didn't live up to the hype and doesn't have the classic qualities of the 80s.
September 28, 2015
Classic (horror?) movie is very good. I will watch this anytime. It is by far one of my all time favorite movies. Gizmo was beyond lovable, and the gremlins were amazing villains. The sequel may not have been good, but this movie certainly was. It is an instant classic, and one I'll never forget.
September 24, 2015
I'd like to drop kick one of these little @#$%%^! over the goal post.
September 12, 2015
One of my favourite Christmas films, if it counts as one. I really enjoyed this movie growing up and it's probably the first sort of horror movie I encountered.

It's both cute and loving, and fun and chaotic (in a good way).
September 11, 2015
Who doesm't love gremlins!
September 10, 2015
I'm sad to say that at 19-years-old I'm just now getting around to seeing the classic "Gremlins," and I can honestly say this is absolutely spectacular. This is an effects-heavy piece of filmmaking nostalgia that is unbelievably exciting, and carries plenty of fun to be had for adults and kids alike.

This movie is a testament to why exactly the '80s produced the very best of kids entertainment. It was always in the hands of competent artists like Steven Spielberg and Joe Dante, and it was always self-aware enough to be charming without falling into self-parody.
½ September 7, 2015
A great movie that is many different things, a fun adventure film, a Christmas flick, and a horror movie. Seriously, it scared the hell out of me as a kid. It's such a unique movie that will please everyone in some way. It's a must see and a great film from the 80's.
July 29, 2015
Very Good Movie Very Good Ending
½ July 29, 2015
This was really cute and funny. It wasn't very scary. I just really like this movie . But the ending was kinda sad and a little disappointing.
½ July 28, 2015
Gremlins is a compelling mixture of humorous horror and smart comedy
½ July 25, 2015
creepy, frightening ,gory,funy and cyoot its a fun movie
½ July 7, 2015
Made me laugh, brilliant and different, if they never added the comedy it would of been terrible but in its own way its a classic.
July 2, 2015
A Silly Kind Of Scary, Fun Dorky Fairground Music Just Litens It Up Even More.. The Animatronics Were So Good For The Time Of Production & After Watching It Again Recently (2015) I Still Reckon It Holds Up Pretty Well.
½ July 2, 2015
This is worth watching just for Phoebe Cates' Christmas story alone.
Other than that it's a typical 80's fuck-around movie that is just really fun to watch.