Gremlins 2: The New Batch - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Gremlins 2: The New Batch Reviews

October 18, 2016
An average movie that had decent humor, a great beginning leading to a lackluster second half. A nice movie to watch once a year.
September 24, 2016
Rarely does a direct sequel to a movie dive straight into parody and spoof sooner than the Gremlins franchise, and I believe that works to the film's advantage. It really likes having fun with a very wacky original premise, and boy does it not hold back anything. It decides that if this is the route it's going to take it has to go hard or go home. For the most part that effort pays off. It's quite refreshing to see a sqeuel have so much fun with its self and yet still try to have a functioning story. You at least get an A for effort.
September 20, 2016
Gremlins 2: The new batch is the reason why i dont care for alot of sequels to movies i love. Gremlins 2 is the perfect example because this movie is not on the level as its original film. In fact, i think this movie is horrible because it felt like it tried to hard to be better than the first movie by introducing the original cast, forced in cameos, and new goofy looking gremlins that didnt even look all that great at times. Why make a sequel 6 years later anyway? I think by doing this warner bros and joe dante lost their way on what made the first film excellent and because of that we got a dumb, forced down our throats mess of a movie. Not worth anyones time if your a fans of the original.
jamrcla
July 30, 2016
Not as good as the first, Got very silly and over the top, But worth a watch, Nothing memorable.
½ July 7, 2016
Sequel is very much different from its 1984 predecessor. It contains more anarchic tones. But, the film is overstuffed with gremlins and becomes a disaster by the time the climactic sequence comes on. I did laugh a few times, however.
½ July 1, 2016
Love the Hull Hogan part brother
½ June 13, 2016
Gremlins 2: The New Batch isn't that good as the first Gremlins. Instead, they make the Gremlins all goofy and silly unlike the first one where they made them bad and dangerous. Overall, the movie is still okay. I would suggest this movie if you saw the first one.
½ June 9, 2016
Still one of the best movie sequels ever put on film!
June 3, 2016
Not as good as the first one!
May 12, 2016
The first movie I watched a thousand times.
½ May 12, 2016
This film is a goofy satire of it's predecessor. While it is more light-hearted and silly....er, it still has the campy entertaining charm that made the first one a classic, and therefore I still highly recommend giving this film a watch.
½ April 30, 2016
I'm so glad this movie exists. Gremlins 2 is easily one of the most over-looked films of all-time! There's so much greatness going on in this movie.

Cameos, satire, comedy, violence, horror, and musical numbers. Seriously, there's a gremlins' musical and dance number and it's fucking awesome. There are so many great cameos and so much awesome satire. Hulk Hogan breaks the 4th wall, and that's all I'll say. This film literally has it all! So creative and so ambitious.

Dare I say Gremlins 2: The New Batch is better than Gremlins? This film is brilliant and it's definitely one of the best sequels out there.
April 26, 2016
A more ambitious sequel to the 1984 comic horror hit finds our nasty critters appearing in a Donald Trump type skyscraper and wreaking havoc there. And it's quite inspired havoc that even extends to the film itself coming out of its sprockets. While the original was enjoyable in a silly way, this one is just batcrap crazy, a chaotic smorgasbord of in-jokes, cameos and delirious fun.
½ April 17, 2016
The first one was way better.
April 9, 2016
One of the most insanely undisciplined movies ever. The funniest part about it is imagining what went on in the production meetings and editing room. It truly must be seen to be believed.
½ February 10, 2016
Just fun. Nothing more.
½ February 6, 2016
Love gremlins but not as good as the first.
½ January 31, 2016
it is rilly good but a bit more inappropriate, gory and a bit scaryer then the first one but some of the gremlins are way cooler and the the speshol affects are better to
January 22, 2016
Awesome creature effects and a zany script keep this live action cartoon in the green.
½ January 2, 2016
Plenty of fun in this classic sequel