Gremlins 2: The New Batch - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Gremlins 2: The New Batch Reviews

March 25, 2017
I think this will be a great movie just like the first one!!!!!!!!!!
March 21, 2017
An absolute masterpiece. The best movie ever made (next to Aliens). Smart satire, excellent special effects, and hilarious comedy make this an absolute must-watch.
March 20, 2017
Not as good as original
February 5, 2017
Taken on it's own terms as a much spoofier sequel to the original Gremlins movie, it's very creative, mostly well written and entertaining. However with so much affection for the original I had a hard time with this due to it's intentionally much spoofier style.

Big production values but an idea that doesn't particularly gel well with the first Gremlins movie.
January 5, 2017
Too cartoon-y. I mean the movie even opens with Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck! Sure, I got a few laughs out of it, but mostly it was just a muddled series of parody and slapstick humor which dragged on for way too long.
October 18, 2016
An average movie that had decent humor, a great beginning leading to a lackluster second half. A nice movie to watch once a year.
September 24, 2016
Rarely does a direct sequel to a movie dive straight into parody and spoof sooner than the Gremlins franchise, and I believe that works to the film's advantage. It really likes having fun with a very wacky original premise, and boy does it not hold back anything. It decides that if this is the route it's going to take it has to go hard or go home. For the most part that effort pays off. It's quite refreshing to see a sqeuel have so much fun with its self and yet still try to have a functioning story. You at least get an A for effort.
September 20, 2016
Gremlins 2: The new batch is the reason why i dont care for alot of sequels to movies i love. Gremlins 2 is the perfect example because this movie is not on the level as its original film. In fact, i think this movie is horrible because it felt like it tried to hard to be better than the first movie by introducing the original cast, forced in cameos, and new goofy looking gremlins that didnt even look all that great at times. Why make a sequel 6 years later anyway? I think by doing this warner bros and joe dante lost their way on what made the first film excellent and because of that we got a dumb, forced down our throats mess of a movie. Not worth anyones time if your a fans of the original.
jamrcla
July 30, 2016
Not as good as the first, Got very silly and over the top, But worth a watch, Nothing memorable.
½ July 7, 2016
Sequel is very much different from its 1984 predecessor. It contains more anarchic tones. But, the film is overstuffed with gremlins and becomes a disaster by the time the climactic sequence comes on. I did laugh a few times, however.
½ July 1, 2016
Love the Hull Hogan part brother
½ June 13, 2016
Gremlins 2: The New Batch isn't that good as the first Gremlins. Instead, they make the Gremlins all goofy and silly unlike the first one where they made them bad and dangerous. Overall, the movie is still okay. I would suggest this movie if you saw the first one.
½ June 9, 2016
Still one of the best movie sequels ever put on film!
June 3, 2016
Not as good as the first one!
May 12, 2016
The first movie I watched a thousand times.
½ May 12, 2016
This film is a goofy satire of it's predecessor. While it is more light-hearted and silly....er, it still has the campy entertaining charm that made the first one a classic, and therefore I still highly recommend giving this film a watch.
½ April 30, 2016
I'm so glad this movie exists. Gremlins 2 is easily one of the most over-looked films of all-time! There's so much greatness going on in this movie.

Cameos, satire, comedy, violence, horror, and musical numbers. Seriously, there's a gremlins' musical and dance number and it's fucking awesome. There are so many great cameos and so much awesome satire. Hulk Hogan breaks the 4th wall, and that's all I'll say. This film literally has it all! So creative and so ambitious.

Dare I say Gremlins 2: The New Batch is better than Gremlins? This film is brilliant and it's definitely one of the best sequels out there.
April 26, 2016
A more ambitious sequel to the 1984 comic horror hit finds our nasty critters appearing in a Donald Trump type skyscraper and wreaking havoc there. And it's quite inspired havoc that even extends to the film itself coming out of its sprockets. While the original was enjoyable in a silly way, this one is just batcrap crazy, a chaotic smorgasbord of in-jokes, cameos and delirious fun.
½ April 17, 2016
The first one was way better.
April 9, 2016
One of the most insanely undisciplined movies ever. The funniest part about it is imagining what went on in the production meetings and editing room. It truly must be seen to be believed.