Gremlins 2: The New Batch - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Gremlins 2: The New Batch Reviews

August 23, 2017
A whimsical parody of everything Spielberg and company tried to do with the first movie. In many ways, this movie was the antithesis of the 1980s darkly funny horror and went full 1990s adult cartoon cheese. Its Loony Tunes introduction sets the tone for the film which is rarely disturbing but amazingly gory for a PG-13 rating. Bonus points for the pre-Trump era parody of Daniel Clamp, an ode to old world benevolent narcissism.
July 7, 2017
i love this movie oppsessed
June 25, 2017
The only thing really appealing about Gremlins 2: The New Batch are the visuals, the bright, new gremlin puppets, and the humor. The second one fails miserably to even get close to beating the original.
June 16, 2017
fun stupid satirical comedy. makes fun of itself and the first movie. some of the humor seems to have been ahead of its time. plus the stupid humor. there was lots of dumb stuff as is standard with old movies. and earlier in the movie a couple of the maguai gremlins went way over the goofiness line and were really annoying. googly eyes and stupid laughs. but the second half of the movie was much better, much funnier. addition of some new funny characters. and I WANT GIZMO. he's so awesome. (about 2 viewings)

SPOILERS

rambo-gizmo lmao. the funniest part in the movie is when the girl starts talking about how she had a horrible experience on lincoln's birthday. it was making fun of a similar scene about a bad experience she had on christmas in the first movie. they did this during the climax, and her boyfriend interrupted her and said we really don't have time for this. and the story itself was funny.
April 30, 2017
A worthy sequel, gremlins 2 captures everything that made the first one so great. Gremlins 2 focuses more on the slapstick side of humour as opposed to the darker themes shown in its predecessor. Gremlins 2 involves an office block in new york getting over run with gremlins, which causes chaos to ensue. This is great addition and contains many jokes, calamity and pure barminess that'l keep you rolling with laughter.
April 1, 2017
This site didnīt exist back then, it was a great movie!. very fond memories bout it
March 25, 2017
I think this will be a great movie just like the first one!!!!!!!!!!
March 21, 2017
An absolute masterpiece. The best movie ever made (next to Aliens). Smart satire, excellent special effects, and hilarious comedy make this an absolute must-watch.
March 20, 2017
Not as good as original
February 5, 2017
Taken on it's own terms as a much spoofier sequel to the original Gremlins movie, it's very creative, mostly well written and entertaining. However with so much affection for the original I had a hard time with this due to it's intentionally much spoofier style.

Big production values but an idea that doesn't particularly gel well with the first Gremlins movie.
January 5, 2017
Too cartoon-y. I mean the movie even opens with Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck! Sure, I got a few laughs out of it, but mostly it was just a muddled series of parody and slapstick humor which dragged on for way too long.
October 18, 2016
An average movie that had decent humor, a great beginning leading to a lackluster second half. A nice movie to watch once a year.
September 24, 2016
Rarely does a direct sequel to a movie dive straight into parody and spoof sooner than the Gremlins franchise, and I believe that works to the film's advantage. It really likes having fun with a very wacky original premise, and boy does it not hold back anything. It decides that if this is the route it's going to take it has to go hard or go home. For the most part that effort pays off. It's quite refreshing to see a sqeuel have so much fun with its self and yet still try to have a functioning story. You at least get an A for effort.
September 20, 2016
Gremlins 2: The new batch is the reason why i dont care for alot of sequels to movies i love. Gremlins 2 is the perfect example because this movie is not on the level as its original film. In fact, i think this movie is horrible because it felt like it tried to hard to be better than the first movie by introducing the original cast, forced in cameos, and new goofy looking gremlins that didnt even look all that great at times. Why make a sequel 6 years later anyway? I think by doing this warner bros and joe dante lost their way on what made the first film excellent and because of that we got a dumb, forced down our throats mess of a movie. Not worth anyones time if your a fans of the original.
jamrcla
July 30, 2016
Not as good as the first, Got very silly and over the top, But worth a watch, Nothing memorable.
½ July 7, 2016
Sequel is very much different from its 1984 predecessor. It contains more anarchic tones. But, the film is overstuffed with gremlins and becomes a disaster by the time the climactic sequence comes on. I did laugh a few times, however.
½ July 1, 2016
Love the Hull Hogan part brother
½ June 13, 2016
Gremlins 2: The New Batch isn't that good as the first Gremlins. Instead, they make the Gremlins all goofy and silly unlike the first one where they made them bad and dangerous. Overall, the movie is still okay. I would suggest this movie if you saw the first one.
½ June 9, 2016
Still one of the best movie sequels ever put on film!
June 3, 2016
Not as good as the first one!