Gridlock'd - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Gridlock'd Reviews

½ September 28, 2016
This was pretty entertaining. Roth and 2Pac were both convincing.
½ April 27, 2016
This was a film that I recall owning on VHS for soem reason, because I'm certain I never watched it. I can only imagine it was a freebie somewhere that I simply never got around to - at any rate, I gave it a spin on DVD recently because I'd been digging into the Daredevil series on Netfux and Vondie Curtis-Hall is in there and put it on my mind.

The story of three addicts and how two of them are desperate to get straight in the face of one of them overdosing is pretty compelling, reminding me at times very favorably of Charles Bukowski's writing.

Well worth a rental.
½ April 17, 2016
A sort of simplified look at addiction. Three friends get into trouble when one of them overdoses. Great performances all around. Don't call yourself a fan of Tupac or Tim Roth until you've seen Gridlock'd.
April 11, 2016
A comedy starring Tupac and Tim Roth with good ratings! Where could you go wrong? Well, I guess everywhere. Tim Roth is obviously great, but Tupac is really great, and it really makes you wonder if he could have gotten into acting had he not died. But other than those two great performances, it lacks everywhere else. It wasn't funny, the supporting characters were annoying, and the plot sounded like it could work as a great and funny comedy, but it doesn't. The only other positive I can give is that, it seemed like it would appeal more to people who have had the same experience as them. They are drug addicts and trying to quit. I not only think that if you could relate you would like it, but I also think you would find it funny! Overall, two great, but unfunny, performances couldn't save this movie from not being funny and having an annoying plot and supporting characters.

I think I'd have to say this is the best performance by a rapper. Not sure if he's the best rapper actor though, because Ice Cube has done some great things, especially 21 and 22 Jump Street!
March 16, 2016
I really enjoyed this film. Tupac/Tim go very well together.
January 23, 2016
I can't get it up in a crowd, baby.

Spoon, Stretch, and Cookie are junky musicians that live together in an apartment. When Cookie overdoses one night leaving her unconscious and in the hospital, Spoon decides it might be time to kick the drugs. Stretch reluctantly goes along, but they find it near impossible to gain access to the rehab programs. Things are further complicated when a gangster affiliated to their drug dealer is after them.

"I'll let the bitch die."

Vondie Curtis-Hall, director of Glitter, Waist Deep and episodes from the television series ER, The Shield, Boston Legal, and Sleeper Cell, delivers Gridlock'd. The storyline for this picture is very entertaining and has some great character interactions. The script is well written and the cast delivers excellent performances and includes Tim Roth, Tupac, Thandie Newton, and Howard Hessemen.

"He was under the impression batteries would be included."

I came across this picture on HBOGO and had to watch it again for the first time in a long time. The character interactions were solid and reminded me of Requiem for a Dream. This isn't as good as that film, but it is still very good. I recommend seeing this once.

"I ain't touching your dick."

Grade: B
½ January 8, 2016
I like the duo, and I like the movie. I'm down with 2pac.
January 7, 2016
The very typical bureaucratic troubles for anyone seeking medical or social help, combined with goof-bag style style personas, make for a strangely interesting combination.. RIP TPUAC
December 9, 2015
Great Acting Performance by Tupac!!!
½ October 13, 2015
I never realized just how good an actor Tupac Shakur was until I started watching this movie! Tim Roth is playing his usual irritable angry street self.
September 4, 2015
Superb storytelling.
May 8, 2015
Gets a little tired by the end but through most was interesting and gritty.
February 26, 2015
Good story! I can't believe I waited so long to see it. It shows realistically how the State makes it extremely difficult for addicts who genuinely want help kicking the habit, but don't know the system or have the funds for quick recovery. Good plot, good acting.
November 27, 2014
first time seeing 2pac act he was good as was tim roth, they play two junkies trying to get clean but things aint so easy trying to get into rehab. RE.3.5-4
½ October 29, 2014
With great performances form Roth and Shakur, the queasily realistic drama about addiction and life in the streets, is thoroughly engaging and well made.
½ June 26, 2014
Classic. RIP Tupac Shakur, May Allah be pleased with you ?
½ May 18, 2014
La penúltima cinta protagonizada por Tupac Shakur, antes de su trágica muerte, incluye su mejor actuación. 2Pac era además de un gran rappero, un magnífico actor y ello se evidencia en esta tragicomedia acerca de tres músicos (Shakur, Tim Roth y Thandie Newton), cuya vida va cuesta abajo gracias a la adicción a la heroína. El director y actor Vondie Curtis Hall nos ofrece este crudo relato con amor, algo de denuncia social, patetismo y a un Tupac Shakur lleno de carisma.
April 9, 2014
Great movie. Tupac is an amazing actor.
½ March 1, 2014
An enjoyable story about junkies, dealers, cops and Medicaid.
February 21, 2014
Tupac's most under rated role, just an under rated film in general.