Griff the Invisible - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Griff the Invisible Reviews

March 20, 2013
fun semi superhero drama about a shy lonely bloke who at night imagines he's a superhero until he meets a like minded love intrest. its ok quite funny and the main guy is pretty good in the lead.watchable indie flick
March 4, 2013
Nervous and introverted during the day, masked vigilante by night... Griff is a mild mannered client relations officer for a small firm in Sydney. He has a strong sense of morality and a self imposed obligation to rid the streets of filth. Unable to hide his secret from a likeminded girl who understands his life's mission, the two form a unique bond that proves to be revealing and uber cute. Griff The Invisible is a real delight. I am really loving Ryan Kwanten's work and love the fact that he keeps returning to Australia to make home-grown films... he has rejected Hollywood's pull and shows pride in his roots (take notes Melissa George). Its a quirky movie with a genuinely poignant touch that makes it more than simple fodder... in fact it reminded me a lot of the 80s movie Malcolm.
March 3, 2013
Sweet story of discovery, acceptance, and love - of self and by your "one"
February 6, 2013
Wow. This is one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. It's a love letter to geeky no-one-understands-me loneliness and love in a Western world that is so full of bullies and isolation. Super touching and heart-warming. Real love is seeing the infinite that is yourself reflected in the other. This movie illustrates that so so well on many levels.
February 2, 2013
what starts off as a slightly stupid and funny off-beat comedy, develps into a quite wonderful drama about love and weirdness.
½ February 1, 2013
A very endearing, sweet film with the gorgeous Ryan Kwanten. Be warned though: a high level of tolerance for quirck is needed to get through this!
January 29, 2013
Griff the Invisible Australian film written and directed by Leon Ford. Starring Ryan Kwanten (Red Hill).

Griff ((Ryan) is an office-worker frequently bullied by his mean co-worker, he is socially awkward to spend time with - BUT at night he is Griff The Invisible protecting the citizens in his beloved neighborhood. He stumbles over a girlfriend of his brother, who shares similar understanding of the surroundings. However, little by little he comes to realize that this has been rather his imaginary world but not real.

Though it's an Australian take on superhero story, it probably settles score with twist and freak-imagination; which classifies it to be rarely built movie. Acting is average, the camera-work is fine - this is an absolute movie to choose and watch to ward off day's exhaustion.
½ January 24, 2013
A lot weirder than I was expecting, but I really enjoyed it.
January 18, 2013
So...hm. I don't quite know what to think of this one. Because. Spoiler alert. He isn't actually a superhero. He thinks he's one. Which, actually could be material for a really funny comedy. But the thing is, Griff is almost "too" quirky for any of it to be considered funny. As in he might actually be psychologically damaged in some way, which puts this movie in a whole new light, so in that respect, it could be a really interesting drama. Except, the stuff he does is funny. Like booby trapping the office, running around the streets, it's too funny to be a drama. So, I don't think the writer quite knew what he wanted to do with this one. However, what I did appreciate was Ryan Kwanten's performance. I am so used to seeing him as Jason Stackhouse on True Blood. This is a really nice change of pace for him. Griff is painfully shy, and more than a little quirky. Kwanten handles the interesting script really well. Overall though, he couldn't save the indecisive super hero movie.
½ January 8, 2013
Holy weird. Is that why I liked this movie?
½ January 1, 2013
a movie about one of the basic raw human emotions of needing to be understood. "come into my bubble"
½ December 30, 2012
It's silly but not without some charm.
½ December 26, 2012
12/26/2012: might be one of the dumbest movies I've ever seen.
½ December 14, 2012
The movie is a bit weird and that's why I like it.
December 8, 2012
A remarkable quirky comedy that takes you to a different world. Great acting but a disappointing ending
November 27, 2012
A fun, offbeat superhero love story with Peter Pan-like themes of innocence versus reality.
October 29, 2012
Griff (Ryan Kwanten), a shy and awkward office worker by day, finds escape from his ordinary life by assuming the identity of a fantastic superhero each night. Griff's secret is jeopardized when he meets Melody (Maeve Dermody), a cute but unconventional day dreamer. She quickly becomes fascinated by his idiosyncrasies, which are equal only to her own. In the face of mounting pressure to live in the "real world," it's up to Melody to rescue Griff The Invisible for the sake of herself, Griff and their newfound love for each other.

also stars Marshall Napier, Patrick Brammall, Heather Mitchell, Toby Schmitz, Kelly Paterniti, Anthony Phelan and Kate Mulvany.

directed by Leon Ford.
½ October 21, 2012
It was weird. The title intrigued me and got me thinking that it might be a superhero movie, albeit a strange one, but really it's not. It's more of a investigation of the human psych and how people gravitate towards people who feel the same as they themselves do. That being said there was some sweet moments and in the end i quite liked it. I felt that there should have been a bit more towards the end though, i felt that it stopped suddenly.
½ October 20, 2012
not bad not bad not great