Grilled - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Grilled Reviews

½ June 6, 2007
I thought this movie was really dumb.
June 5, 2007
should have been way more funny than what it was. very dissapointing.
½ June 5, 2007
it may be a little slow, but once you get far into it, it's pure genius. shame it was never shown in theaters.
June 5, 2007
Grei nok, men hadde ventet noe mer av Kevin James og Ray Romano.
June 4, 2007
Left alot to be desired.
June 4, 2007
It's quite entertaining, a different style of comedy for the two. I don't really like Ray Romano, a big KJ fan
½ June 1, 2007
It seemed slow, and I just kept saying that something needed to happen. Not as funny as I expected from these two, but there are moments. After Burt Reynolds enters, it gets much better. 2.5-3 stars.
½ May 17, 2007
Thought it would be better with both Ray Romano and Kevin James in it but there are some funny bits and its pretty entertaining.
April 22, 2007
Witn Kevin James i like this actor
March 29, 2007
This movie is so pointless and retarded.
½ March 18, 2007
Very very very very stupid movie.
And it wasn't one of those good stupid moves either.
It was not funny at all, and the plot was bad!
March 16, 2007
Ray Romano was excellent in this
½ March 5, 2007
Today I was cruising through the video store and ran across this direct to dvd film staring Ray Romano and Kevin James. Two people whose tv shows I am quite fond of gave me high hopes even considering the fact that its a Direct To DVD film. I do hate to say it but when it comes down to it this film just doesn't manage to do much. A cliche series of characters with relatively strong actors ultimately adds up to nothing more than a series of minor chuckles and boredom. Kevin James and Ray Romano are backed up by acting icon Burt Reynolds, who seems to appear in every film these days. Other actors include Juliette Lewis, Kim Coates, Michael Rapaport, Sofia Vergara, Eric Allan Kramer, and Barry Newman.

For TV and B-Film fans this list might read rather strongly but don't let it fool you. Even with all its seasoned actors Grilled can't find its footing and its relatively young director lets the film fall flat on its face. Jason Ensler, whose directing experience comes from a series of TV shows, can handle all the basics but can't deliver the punch lines. Its a shame when each actor brings their A-Game and its the behind the scenes folks who can't pull it through in the end.

With a runtime of only 1hr 23mins you wouldn't expect to be all that bored but that short runtime feels like ages with an ending that brings tears to your eyes (mostly because its finally over). The only real reason to even step out and watch this film is for fans of Ray Romano, Kevin James, and to a lesser extent Burt Reynolds. I'm still annoyed by the fact that I rented the film, primarily because just as soon as I turned it off I saw it on Comedy Central, but also because I paid money for it.

Please just save your money and avoid the film. If you want to see Ray Romano or Kevin James I recommend buying some season episodes of Everybody loves Raymond and King of Queens
February 25, 2007
It was kind of funny, but it wasn't that great of a movie.
February 13, 2007
More like obliged to see it. There better be some cannibalism in this.
½ February 7, 2007
Saw this yesterday! Rocks!
January 31, 2007
What a weird ending.
½ January 9, 2007
I was really disappointed with this film. It has two of my favourite tv sitcom actors working together so thought it would be great, but it just wasn't that funny and very slow. Nearly turned it off.
½ January 4, 2007
The Battle of Mediocre sitcoms; Kevin James seems to play a more convicing family man, while Ray just seems to tag along for the ride, literallty.

It's not really worth seeing unless you have a soft spot for these characters on their regular sitcoms in which case, you should watch it, just to see if they can act.

It's the closest thing you'll ever get to an actual crossover.
½ January 2, 2007