Grim Prairie Tales - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Grim Prairie Tales Reviews

½ April 26, 2016
Two travellers share "scary" stories in the same vien of horror stories such as tales from the Crypt and Tales from the Hood. Anyways not scary at all, and nonsensical.
½ March 25, 2015
Not memorable but watchable low budget fare.
May 22, 2013
love this title but not able to find it again my vhs finally not work need dvd version
½ November 1, 2012
While age has not been very kind to this horror anthology, it still has redeemable qualities in leads James Earl Jones and Brad Dourif, its gritty wild west setting, and a woman with a black hole for a vagina.
December 13, 2011
Brad Dourif and James Earl Jones make an excellent pairing in this beatifully crafted Wild West portmanteau.
July 1, 2010
What a true gem of a film. Doesn't need to be full of gore but still has it and .. Well it's an American 80's horror, whatcha expect :)
James Earl Jones and Brad Dounf really make this film, their characters and interaction are fantastic, the stories are great insofact that they 'aint trying to be better than they are .. If that makes any sense at all haha.
June 30, 2010
A ton of recognizable character actors can't save this boring yet competently made anthology. James Earl Jones & Dourif's narrating the only highlight.
December 14, 2009
Two travellers, one a well to do young clark on the way to a reunion with his wife, the other a scruffy, feral bounty hunter meet at sundown on a lonely prairie and agree to swap stories to pass the time.
Honestly I watched it only once and it was enough.
½ October 4, 2008
Grim Prairie Tales is a one-of-a-kind, unique film in that it is a Western Horror Anthology film that focuses much more so on the western and dramatic tones of storytelling about the life in those times with minimal horror undertones. The stories within the film are interesting, ranging from an old grump unwisely traveling through a Native American Cemetery, a kind gent giving a helping hand to the wrong woman, a family nearly torn apart by deadly secrets, and finally, a story about gunfighters dueling for a prize they both don't bargain for. The stories are decent, though sometimes delving into the mediocre. What really makes this an excellent film are all of the scenes and the chemistry shared between leads Brad Dourif (playing a city boy traveling to be with his wife) and James Earl Jones (a haggard, old bounty hunter). The two work very well with each other and are really the core of this story, sharing the most entertaining and engaging moments. I loved every scene they were in together. Overall, good film.
½ September 7, 2008
Another film with a collection of short Horror stories as 2 guys try to scare each other! Some of the stories are very good!
December 17, 2007
I love horro anthologies. One set in the west? Sign me up.
½ November 6, 2007
A trio of creepy Western tales told by James Earl Jones. I saw this one on late night telly years ago and have been looking for it ever since. The gunfighter segment was the most memorable with an amazing and disturbing Gerald Scarfe-like animated dream sequence...
September 17, 2007
a bit out there, but i like those kinds of movies.
September 2, 2007
I remember seeing this years ago on telly. A spooky story with terrific chemistry between the two narrators Jones and Dourif. Their scenes together are better than the stories though
August 31, 2007
this is a great movie, but you cant get it anywhere
August 21, 2007
I loved this film, totally different and shows off good writing and imagination