Grindhouse - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Grindhouse Reviews

August 19, 2015
Death Proove deserves a 5 stars.I give 4 stars for both movie reunited
August 17, 2015
The first half was really great, it could stand on its own. But, the second half, Tarantino's half was not worth watching, it was so slow!
½ July 27, 2015
Planet Terror is probably the greatest zombie movie I've ever seen. Death Proof has classic Tarantino dialogue and one of the best stunts ever put on film.
July 25, 2015
Together, these two are excellent companion pieces made by two visionaries. Stick around for the obvious highlight: the fake trailers.
July 5, 2015
Wonderful tribute to what Tarantino and Rodriguez consider the golden age of cinema. Everything about this film is incredible. From the overly violent plots to the fake movie trailers to the "missing reels".
June 29, 2015
I really didn't want to see this movie for some reason...Maybe because I didn't think I'd be able to sit through all of it with out having to use the restroom...
½ June 19, 2015
Grindhouse is uproariously funny, perversely disgusting and outrageously awesome. This film is an instant classic in the new millennia.
June 13, 2015
When I first saw this movie when it premiered in 2007, I knew that I had a new film to add to my favorites list! The concept was a great nostalgic throwback to the 70's grindhouse theaters. I could not help but relive those memories. Both Rodriguez and Tarantino crafted two excellent films with a ton of style and action. Planet Terror is a cool zombie flick that rivals some of the best. Death Proof is a great suspense filled/muscle car chase action film. The acting and stories for both are top notch. The soundtrack is equally cool and compliments both nicely. Equally entertaining are the film trailers for other films. I cannot say enough about these films. Unfortunately, when it was first released, for some reason people didn't get it. I guess those in the know can always spot what is cool and worthwhile. Lastly, I love the fact that it is a double feature! Hey, two for the price of one!
May 24, 2015
Kurt Russell is merely snaky. The car chase was a little much. Robert Rodriguez flick was cool but extra cheesy so whatever.
May 16, 2015
One of the most exciting and fun times I have had in a movie theater! Rodriguez and Tarantino have outdone themselves in this homage to 60s and 70s grind house experiance. Rodriguez's Planet Terror is action-packed and gory as hell. Tarantino's Death Proof is excellant, but takes awhile to get started. A definite must-see for any moviegoer. If you can, this is a film you can only experiance in the theater.
½ April 12, 2015
The best film I ever experience in a movie teather ! An awesome gory, funny, original movie ! It's wild fun and a love letter to movie fans !
Apart, the movies are really not as good !
April 7, 2015
3 hours of non-stop fun. My favorite film of 2007. A big, bold, bloody homage to the exploitation flicks Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino are such fans of. So amazing. Which movie is better? Death Proof. Definitely. The car chase sequence at the end is one of my favorite cinematic moments EVER.
January 22, 2015
Seen both these films when they were seperately released. This is the first time I watched it as it was originally set to be shown. Love the fake trailers. Would really like to see Cage in 'Werewolf Women of the SS'. Seeing the legend as Fu Manchu would kill me.
January 16, 2015
This Film Seems Like It'll Be AWESOME!(If I Can Survive The 3 Hour Run Time Of This "Double Bill" Film.)
December 7, 2014
This is absolute, pure, fun. Its self-awareness is what really sells it. The fact that they purposefully destroyed footage to give it the grainy old school look was awesome. The fake movie trailers before and in-between were hilarious. For the movies themselves, Planet Terror is a great send-up of 50s B horror movies. It's completely bloody and disgusting and really funny all at the same time. It's just so gleefully awesome. Also, with a cast that includes Rose McGowan as a one legged gogo dancer, Bruce Willis as an army lieutenant, Naveen Andrews as a biochemical engineer, and Fergie as a girl who gets killed by flesh eating zombie things, you really can't go wrong. Death Proof takes a little bit longer to really rev up (pun only kind of intended) but once it gets to the last half hour, it's tons of fun. It's Kurt Russell vs. Zoe Bell (playing herself and doing all her own stunts), Tracie Thoms, and Rosario Dawson in a do or die car chase/battle thing. Overall, all three hours of this are worth it.
December 2, 2014
Great! Planet Terror was the best movie (pure madness!). But Kurt Russell was the best performance.
½ October 28, 2014
Planet Terror is excellent, Death Proof not so much. The fake movie trailers are awesome and they all need to be made into full movies. Hobo with a Shotgun is the only one that was made real so far and it's a damn shame.
September 13, 2014
This is one of my favourite movies!! Both Planet Terror and Death Proof were Awesome (planet terror was a bit better)....... The fake trailers shown during the movie are awesome also, my favourite being Rob Zombie's Werewolf Women of the SS....... i really hope that gets made into a movie! I bought the two disc special edition of Grindhouse on blu-ray and i can honestly say it was the most worthwhile purchase of a movie, ever. And when you watch this, make sure you watch it from start to finish without stopping! It's best watched as one full movie, you get the most out of it that way. Awesome movie (or movies!), i had so much fun watching.
August 29, 2014
An excellent exploitation film!