Grindhouse - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Grindhouse Reviews

January 16, 2016
Both directors show off their talent for taking the junk of American cinema and reverting it into something that is actually good. I enjoyed Rodriguez's highly entertaining "Planet Terror" and the trailers by other directors more than Tarantino's well-written but ultimately flat "Death Proof" but all of it was well-done and scorched with the greatest form of nostagia.
½ January 16, 2016
I have not seen the individuals movies that make up this 'double bill' and I understand that as separate entities they don't quite work. As a 'double bill' you're in for a whole evening's entertainment from zombie invasion to psycho in a car. The fake trailers make you wish they were real movies - which they eventually did become! A double bill that kills the double Kill Bill.
January 9, 2016
A send-up to sleazy, low quality cinema at it's best: double featured, gory, hilarious, and stuffed to the brim with all kinds of filmic treasures, a one-of-a-kind rarity in contemporary cinema.
½ January 2, 2016
Quentin Tarantino y Robert Rodriguez se unen para realizar un delicioso y desquiciado proyecto que busca resucitar el cine Clase B de función doble por una sola entrada que se proyectaba en las pulgosas salas de cine llamadas "Grindhouse", con toda la violencia, el sentido del absurdo y el humor que esto conlleva. Las dos películas en cuestión son "Planet Terror", una cinta llena de cortes abruptos, rayones y situaciones delirantes dirigida por Rodriguez, acerca de un virus que convierte a la gente en zombie y a una heroína (Rose McGowan) con una pierna convertida en arma que busca acabarlos a todos. La dupleta la completa "Death Proof", un tributo a "Vanishing Point" acerca de un doble de cine asesino en serie (Kurt Russell) que encuentra a unas mujeres más que rudas que buscan venganza. En medio de semejantes películas, encontramos trailers falsos dirigidos por Robert Roriguez, Eli Roth, Edgar Wright y Jason Eisener, que complementan la experiencia. Curiosamente, dos de esos trailers se convirtieron en las películas reales "Machete" y "Hobo With A Shotgun". Mi consejo es que tome esas últimas películas y arme su propio "Grindhouse 2".
December 23, 2015
Best Experience In A Long, LONG Time. Loved Death Proof, liked Planet Terror but the fake trailers were heaven.
October 28, 2015
Preferred Death Proof over Planet Terror. Have reviewed both separately.
October 6, 2015
As a double feature this is a knockout throwback gold.
September 15, 2015
Death Proof can be slow, but Grindhouse is still a brilliant film, and definitely one of my all-time faves.
August 29, 2015
A Real Fun Film Watching Experience!
August 19, 2015
Death Proove deserves a 5 stars.I give 4 stars for both movie reunited
August 17, 2015
The first half was really great, it could stand on its own. But, the second half, Tarantino's half was not worth watching, it was so slow!
½ July 27, 2015
Planet Terror is probably the greatest zombie movie I've ever seen. Death Proof has classic Tarantino dialogue and one of the best stunts ever put on film.
July 25, 2015
Together, these two are excellent companion pieces made by two visionaries. Stick around for the obvious highlight: the fake trailers.
July 5, 2015
Wonderful tribute to what Tarantino and Rodriguez consider the golden age of cinema. Everything about this film is incredible. From the overly violent plots to the fake movie trailers to the "missing reels".
June 29, 2015
I really didn't want to see this movie for some reason...Maybe because I didn't think I'd be able to sit through all of it with out having to use the restroom...
½ June 19, 2015
Grindhouse is uproariously funny, perversely disgusting and outrageously awesome. This film is an instant classic in the new millennia.
June 13, 2015
When I first saw this movie when it premiered in 2007, I knew that I had a new film to add to my favorites list! The concept was a great nostalgic throwback to the 70's grindhouse theaters. I could not help but relive those memories. Both Rodriguez and Tarantino crafted two excellent films with a ton of style and action. Planet Terror is a cool zombie flick that rivals some of the best. Death Proof is a great suspense filled/muscle car chase action film. The acting and stories for both are top notch. The soundtrack is equally cool and compliments both nicely. Equally entertaining are the film trailers for other films. I cannot say enough about these films. Unfortunately, when it was first released, for some reason people didn't get it. I guess those in the know can always spot what is cool and worthwhile. Lastly, I love the fact that it is a double feature! Hey, two for the price of one!
May 24, 2015
Kurt Russell is merely snaky. The car chase was a little much. Robert Rodriguez flick was cool but extra cheesy so whatever.
May 16, 2015
One of the most exciting and fun times I have had in a movie theater! Rodriguez and Tarantino have outdone themselves in this homage to 60s and 70s grind house experiance. Rodriguez's Planet Terror is action-packed and gory as hell. Tarantino's Death Proof is excellant, but takes awhile to get started. A definite must-see for any moviegoer. If you can, this is a film you can only experiance in the theater.
½ April 12, 2015
The best film I ever experience in a movie teather ! An awesome gory, funny, original movie ! It's wild fun and a love letter to movie fans !
Apart, the movies are really not as good !