Grindhouse (Grindhouse: Double Feature) (Grind House) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Grindhouse (Grindhouse: Double Feature) (Grind House) Reviews

November 18, 2012
This was a great night at the movies. 2 features from 2 of the best directors for the price of one!
June 18, 2012
2 amazing directors. 2 movies that just are not worth it.

planet terror - to over the top with stupid ways of killing people (leg gun)

death proof - the better of the 2, but so boring its unbelievable. the car chase scenes dragged to much.
½ April 24, 2012
planet terror could have been better.
July 10, 2011
Planet Terror is great. I only liked the ending of Death Proof.
½ May 28, 2010
Death Proof was like awesome, but the Planet Terror was the stupidest crap Tarantino could have produced"
½ March 16, 2010
Amazing movie making
½ February 1, 2010
Tarantino has not made a good film since Pulp Fiction. This was a bad idea from the get-go, making deliberately crap films kinda says something about how deep in the barrel you are scratching...
½ January 2, 2010
I liked Planet Terror, but Deathproof was pretty slow and pointless.
November 27, 2009
i liked planet terror better, but they go well together
October 18, 2009
Planet Terror was great but Deathproof was realy talky and about nothing.
August 31, 2009
Planet Terror is great amazing zombie fun. Death Proof is just so boring you'll feel like running out of the room screaming.
August 29, 2009
I saw planet terror and freakin' loved it,it was awesome as hell...
½ August 18, 2009
Surprisingly I found myself enjoying these.
May 17, 2009
Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino bring back the cult 70s Grindhouse genre in a thrilling double bill. Both films don't work quite as well separated but in their original Grindhouse format, they're brilliant.
April 5, 2009
Wish i could have seen it as it was intended. 2 movies & fake trailers for the price of 1. Yet american audiences didnt get it and walked out after the credits rolled for film one. damn you.
March 30, 2009
A tragic misunderstanding of what Grindhouse actually was and is.
March 22, 2009
I have seen each movie individually, never as a whole.
March 16, 2009
This was cool to see in the theatre. Planet Terror is non stop action. The time flies by. Death Proof starts well but drags in the middle before ending with a great car chase. They should've switched the order of the movies. After the fast pace of Planet Terror it is hard to sit through parts of the slower Death Proof. The fake trailers were great. I hope they make an actual movie out of Machette.
March 14, 2009
I was really worried that this couldn't live up to expectations, but I left more than satisfied. Between the gory intensity of Planet Terror, the twisted brilliance of the fake trailers, and the spectacular car stunts of Death Proof, it's hard to think of a more entertaining three hours I've spent in a theater recently. Tarantino's segment is definitely the weakest; it's excessively talky, and while I like Tarantino's writing, it does drag the film down a bit. (Yes, I get that he's playing up that 60s/70s style of filmmaking, but as long as they're overly mythologizing the whole grindhouse experience, couldn't we romanticize out some of the talking?) That being said, the wait makes the payoffs even better when they get there, and make no mistake, they're all pretty amazing. On the other hand, Planet Terror is a complete blast--a high-octane kick-ass zombie flick with all the gleeful gore the genre demands, capped with a ghoulish black sense of humor. Add into that the hilarious trailers (Machete steals the show, but all four are great), and you have a hell of a time at the movies.
March 2, 2009