Gross Anatomy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Gross Anatomy Reviews

January 30, 2016
Joe's not up to par according to the social norm. Although, he seems to keep up on his extra curricular activity.
"Anatomy I forgot the word anatomy while in medical school!"
November 16, 2015
Beautiful movie with great actors. Really get into the heart and can feel the emotions of the characters. Overall amazing movie, not just for EMT training classes.
April 18, 2015
So this is how Patch Adams got started I imagine.
February 17, 2015
Medical student learns about life and love in this dramatic sleeper.
November 20, 2014
December 26, 2013
My Favorite Film Is 1941's Citizen Kane.
September 20, 2013
A realistic medical human drama, especially recommended for those who study or teach medicine. Also known as "A cut above".
December 7, 2012
Looks interesting will try to find and watch!
September 30, 2012
Original and yet so simple.
May 20, 2012
Not too bad. I liked it. Good movie.
½ April 14, 2012
I always thought Daphne Zuniga should have been a bigger star.
April 7, 2012
The "original" anatomy.
½ February 17, 2012
Simple and ordinary yet heart-felt. Modine and Zuniga make a charming on-screen couple. Somehow I could never relate to today's movies about students although I am student myself. This portrayal is closer to me. And of course it's cheesy. I don't mind.
½ December 28, 2011
Gross Anatomy was a wonderful underrated Med School movie with heart and humor!!
July 24, 2011
Four stars for being one of those random 80's movies from my youth that I'll always remember and love and for which you will probably wonder what kind of childhood I had.
July 13, 2011
Looks so average afternoon movie. Not quite sure it was meant to be funny as Matthew Modine act as wack dysfuctional med student slacking his studies with his eyes to a girl he likes. Bored me few times and laughed once perhaps its for viewers who are interested to become a doctor or surgeon.
xxdebxx
June 7, 2011
In spite of its misleading name, this is no horror film but a romantic drama with comedic elements. Daphne Zuniga and Matthew Modine play students in med school surrounded by other med students who, are all driven to excel. Zuniga is very much work focused and rigidly serious but Modine`s character is the somewhat stereotypical "hotshot street smart bad boy" who doesn't care enough. Naturally they are attracted to each other.

Two things captured my attention; the grueling pressures associated with the first year of medical school (with a continuing theme of dissecting corpses) and all the stress and strain of coping with the exams and workloads for students from different backgrounds and with different motivations. The interaction with his instructor Dr Woodruf who tries to extract the most from him is very interesting to note.
½ January 6, 2010
Joe Slovak is such a smart azz in this movie .. he rilly gives Christine Lahtia run for her role he allmost outshined her .. I felt she over acted at the house scean ?? Her tears are To many?? If I see her cry in another movie Ill have to put my Rain boots on ..