Growing Op - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Growing Op Reviews

February 6, 2019
I thought it pretty funny and a different topic to delve into as a story.
September 29, 2018
Fascinating what this movie foreshadows. Cannibis fans...good watch.
June 17, 2018
Its a great movie, it should have had a sequal and needs a sequal to make it better, as part 1 would have set the plot of a greater part 2 many cannabis fan would love as there isn't many realistic cannabis movies out there to educate about narcs, don't trust anyone
November 13, 2017
Good idea executed poorly. Story about a home schooled teen who decides to goto public school in his senior year. Its fairly dull from start to finish. The idea of having parents who grow weed as a career is fun but the director did a terrible job with it. Don't waste your time with this movie.
March 13, 2014
love it! one of my favorite movies
August 28, 2013
I've always enjoyed coming-of-age stories, and this fits the bill - although the family unit in this movie is more unusual than most. They develop marijuana. So how does a home school teenager fit in when he falls in love with the girl-next-door?
½ May 26, 2013
Décevant dans l'ensemble.
½ March 23, 2013
This movie was hilarious. But not in a good way. For pure entertainment value, based upon how absurdly bad this was, I'll give it 1 1/2 stars. I think that is quite generous.
½ January 21, 2013
Growing Op has bad writing -- predictable and one-dimensional -- but after about 90 minutes, the story starts taking surprise turns that don't make a lot of sense. Even bad for a Netflix movie. I say SKIP IT!!!
December 22, 2012
This is a typical movie nothing good about it and it was annoying
September 20, 2012
This movie starts off funny and good and then becomes a big buzz kill. I would never watch it again
PASS
July 21, 2012
Great movie! Original concept, great casting, and storyline. And how about that great twist?? Even though the film's length is something to take into consideration for the genre, I still say it was worth it. I'm definitely adding this to my "movies to buy" list. Also for those that are wondering, it is not your typical stoner film. No cheap laughs here!
June 5, 2012
i wanna see this movie so bad
½ May 29, 2012
Didn't like the twist at the end. Unnecessary.
½ February 14, 2012
If you can get past the first hour, it's almost worth it.
January 28, 2012
It was sort of a coming of age tale yet, not quite a stoner comedy. Either way, it's avoidable.
November 29, 2011
Awesome movie! Gonna go watch it again.
Wizenhymer
½ October 29, 2011
I went into this movie not expecting much but I came out very satisfied. It's not really a stoner movie like Dazed & Confused or Harold & Kumar but I think stoners will definitively love it. It's about this kid with parents who are very anti-establishment and leftist. They're family business is selling pot. The film follows their son, who was home-schooled all his life, trying to find his way in public high school to chase a girl he loves.

Also, the ending is quite interesting. I would have been happy with the film half way through but the last 25 minutes made it even better. Very good for a low-budget film.

Fap Rating: 3.5/10
Overall: 8.8/10
October 4, 2011