The Grudge - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Grudge Reviews

October 13, 2016
Kann man gucken, muß man aber nicht.
October 12, 2016
Buffy rocks!!!... I love the setting and the killing...Enough to give you stomuch ache while watching..gggggrrrrrrrr...
½ October 11, 2016
Stupid movie which is far from scary, couldnt be bothered to watch the rest.
½ September 19, 2016
Just watched this again for the first time in YEARS. Not sure how I got through it the first time.
September 14, 2016
The Grudge is too much confusing and bad acted to understand what and why the things are happening, and with the help of a poor soundtrack, the predictable narrative and the lack of originality we can consider this movie a truly fiasco.
½ August 22, 2016
this was so disappointing!!!was scary at parts and the cat was frightening... but the rest failed
½ August 21, 2016
The Grudge a creepy film, but it lacks what the original had. Which was true horror, but for a remake it did a good job, but a unnecessary remake. However, great performance by Sarah Michelle Gellar, and the cast did their part.
½ August 2, 2016
Very scary thoughout the whole movie. It worked on both visual and audio scares to keep a constant feeling of dred.
July 26, 2016
Creepy is an understament for this film!
July 12, 2016
It doesn't necessarily make sense but it doesn't have to! Gellar is astonishing and imagery is terrifying.
July 10, 2016
I was pretty creeped out during a lot of this. Good, fun scared. Watch with friends at party for a good time.
May 22, 2016
I like the japanese original better, but this one is good
½ May 14, 2016
Has some genuinely creepy and frightening scenes that play well together if you're willing to buy into Shimizu & Raimi's style.
April 29, 2016
I don't see why people hate this. Like it less, I can understand, but hate? It's suspenceful, it has a creepy vibe. All in all, okay movie.
½ March 27, 2016
If you like a ton of jump scares with little to no substance, The Grudge will not disappoint. If you enjoy substance with your scares, steer clear.
March 24, 2016
I loved this movie. Very creepy and eerie. Very fast paced fun scares.
March 22, 2016
One of the few horror movies that actually scared me shitless.
January 25, 2016
I've avoided this film for years because it looked terrifying. Luckily, it was not as bad as I had hyped it up in my head to be. The plot had less weight to it than I had originally heard and the ending was super anti-climactic.
January 18, 2016
a very scary, very fun ghost story featuring excellent performances from its cast and tremendous directing.
December 22, 2015
I decided to watch this for the first in at least 8 years. I remember the first time I watched it very clearly. It was one of 2 horror movies that made me decide that all horror is actually comedy. Now That I'm older and watched this movie in a different state of mind, its actually a lot creepier then I remember it.