Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Reviews

½ February 20, 2019
Take a decent cast, spend tons of money on special effects, and then combine it with a plot that's a rehash of literally dozens of recent movies and add in cliches and you have this movie.
½ February 19, 2019
funny and very entertaining. lots of amazing-looking, mesmerizing scenes and beautiful shots. good new additions to a cast of lovable characters, who all have much more depth. some good emotional moments. baby groot is adorable. some of the comedic moments didn't work but most did (3 viewings)
½ February 19, 2019
This is an awesome movie ! It has a lot of comedy and action. It's also better than the first one ( I know many people like vol.1 more than vol.2 but I like vol.2 more
½ February 19, 2019
James Gunn finds the heart of these a-holes.
½ February 19, 2019
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 hammers home what a sequel should be, which is to be just as good as the original if not more so. The movie gave the characters more character development as well as them more room to place them in our hearts, despite knowing only one won't live on to eventual changes that Marvel Studios may make to the relationship to the characters. But, considering how well the Marvel Cinematic Universe has been playing out for the past Nine Years with very few duds along the way, we can only hope that to be a good thing.
February 16, 2019
Loved this movie!! Gave me a laugh because of the old humor and great for 11-adults. So highly HIGHLY SUGGEST!!
February 14, 2019
With dazzling visuals, the films humour isn't as good but the soundtrack is quite better. I didn't like the new characters that were added, The Ravangers
February 10, 2019
Lots of action good writing
February 9, 2019
Didn't amaze me as much as the original, but Guardians 2 does everything to make it a worthy sequel. More action, more emotional resonance, and of course more of that great soundtrack .
February 5, 2019
As far a fun & frivolous movies go, this is one of my favorites. Two words: Baby Groot - quite possibly the most adorable creature with a three-word vocabulary and the dance moves of a toddler ever created. Bradley cooper is just great as Rocket - he hits all the right notes with the humor and the vulnerability. The core characters are all perfectly cast - and Michael Rooker is a real standout as Yondu. The story is great fun and there is plenty of action, humor and a little romance thrown in - but what I love most about the movie is that it has so much heart. I often find I don't enjoy the blockbuster action/adventure films because i usually walk away wishing that half as much effort had been put into the story, the character interactions and the performances as had clearly been put into the CGI, explosions, endless fight sequences, etc. Those kind of things are meaningless to me if the director hasn't taken the time to make me care about the characters. This franchise is so enjoyable for me because it has so much heart and I care deeply about the characters. I think it is truly a shame if James Gunn who vision has made this franchise what it is does not continue with it. It certainly won't be the same without him. I also would really like it if they kept Baby Groot in his baby form for any and all future movies - I fell in love with him during his little wiggly dance in the opening title sequence and my love for him just grew and grew throughout the film! I am groot? I am groot? I am groot!
February 4, 2019
So boring!!! All-time these superheroes are discussing, The movie is enough unrealistic, I mean, seems that I watched Adventure Time
January 26, 2019
It's good, but not near as good as the first one. It's funny and bizarre and James Gunn did it again.
½ January 21, 2019
Still very funny like the first one maybe even funnier but the story was not as good as the original movie
-94%
January 12, 2019
Fantastic movie. I loved the original and I loved this one just as much. Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Kurt Russell, Pom Klementieff, Karen Gillan, Michael Rooker, and Sean Gunn gave stupendous performances also Bradley Cooper's voice over performance was great. The visuals were gorgeous. The writing, screenplay, and story were all amazing. The score and soundtrack were spectacular and I loved the songs Mr. Blue Sky, The Chain, and Fox on the Run. I found this one to be just as hilarious if not even more hilarious then the first one. It is one of my top 5 favorite marvel movies and one of my top 10 favorite superhero movies of all time and is one of my favorite movies of all time. A+.
½ January 9, 2019
Maybe this team just isn't for me. I see what they're going for, it just doesn't hit for me the way it did for most.
January 5, 2019
blew me away past the mediocre ads that gave me no clue what this movie was about but was as good as the first.
86%
January 5, 2019
The movie was very good, full of humor and retro soundtracks. But I think cliché, the father being "evil"!
January 4, 2019
Funny and visually stunning
January 3, 2019
good moviw and it keeps you interested
½ December 31, 2018
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is undoubtedly better than it's predecessor, making a win for it's humor, action-packed visuals, and emotional feels.