Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Reviews

September 21, 2018
Is this film entering a competition for how many dei ex machina can fit into one film? No matter what idiotic thing the Guardians do, they always seem to end up being saved at the last moment.
September 20, 2018
I am not going to lie, this is my second favorite or even favorite MCU movie. Great action, character development. Fun movie but also a heart felt movie especially at the end. A great follow up to what I think the first one is overated.
September 18, 2018
Fantastic movie. I loved the original and I loved this one just as much. Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Kurt Russell, Pom Klementieff, Karen Gillan, Michael Rooker, and Sean Gunn gave stupendous performances also Bradley Cooper's voice over performance was great. The visuals were gorgeous. The writing, screenplay, and story were all amazing. The score and soundtrack were spectacular and I loved the songs Mr. Blue Sky, The Chain, and Fox on the Run. I found this one to be just as hilarious if not even more hilarious then the first one. It is one of my top 5 favorite marvel and superhero movies of all time and is one of my top 10 favorite movies of all time. A+.
September 17, 2018
Not as good as the first one but still amazing. If you liked the first one this one won't disappoint, great music and baby Groot!
½ September 14, 2018
The continuing adventures of Marvel's raggiest, taggiest team of interstellar misfits. This one picks up right where the first volume left off, with the gang collecting bounties from odd alien races, taking missteps (and making enemies) despite themselves. I loved the first one, consider it one of the best the MCU has to offer, and this sequel is right on the same level. Unabashedly chaotic, recklessly entertaining, cheeky and silly, emotive and sweet, it touches many of the same nerves that made the original so well-liked and even goes a step or two further. Given such a quirky, offbeat opening take, there's always the risk that sequels will come off as forced or derivative, but that isn't the case here. The humor still feels sharp and appropriate, the core cast shares the camaraderie (and constant personality clashes) of a real family, the greater universe remains intensely deep and well-populated. And there's still plenty of time to develop ancillary characters, be they new foils or uneasy old allies. In fact, one such dose of potent character development efficiently shifts a minor player from the first act into a significant part of the story this time around. Quick with wit and with the cannons, never afraid to let its inner weirdness shine like a beacon, brimming with vibrant life in every scene, it's vast and rich and sprawling and completely enjoyable. Guardians Volume 2 made me thoroughly happy. How long until the next one?

Updated thoughts after a recent re-watch (2018):
Just as loose and entertaining as the original, though less tentative, no longer compelled to prove itself as a viable, if offbeat, property. In other words, Volume 2 is free to let its freak flag fly, to fully embrace its inner weirdness. And wow, what vibrant, colorful, unimaginably rich spoils it reaps. Each setting feels unique and cultured, from sleazy ice brothels to the ornate, richly detailed architecture and stunning, unexpectedly lively landscapes found upon Ego, the living planet. It's a visual feast, backed by another groovy, excellent soundtrack, finely-tuned comedic timing and a sweet, resonant set of character studies. Tons of fun to watch, impossible to hear without shaking a hip, meaningful and memorable from a long-term storytelling perspective. An impressive step up from what was already one of my favorite films in the MCU.
½ September 14, 2018
Darn that shit was gold
½ September 10, 2018
Pretty much everything GotG1 wasn't, here we have a terrible phoned-in plot and way too much juvenile humor that most falls flat. Saved only by Michael Rooker as Yondu.
September 8, 2018
Fair, worth a watch.
September 7, 2018
Even better than the first one. Hilarious, the villain is great, and the characters get such great development. I love the way Gamora's relationship with her sister fleshes out, and of course Michael Rooker steals the show as Yondu. Hiring James Gunn for these movies is one of the best decisions that Marvel has ever made.
September 7, 2018
One more movie for the Guardians, the Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2. A very loved movie by the marvel fans. As the first part James Gunn was in charged of the movie, because of this the expectation was very high. Also is very important to say that this is an action and Sci - Fi movie, where all the events are set in the space, very colorful by the way.

By the other hand is very useful to talk about the actors and actresses in the movie. Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldaņa, Dave Bautista, Vin Diesel and Bradley Cooper are the main actors that played the Guardians of the Galaxy. Chris Pratt is the main actor that have been part of important movies like Jurassic World and Passenger. Chris Pratt plays the main character, Star Lord and Zoe Saldaņa plays also a very important one, Gamora. These are two of the more important characters in the movie.

The volume 2 of the Guardians of the Galaxy story talks about how Peter Quill and the guardians went to the sovereigns planet, were they are exchanging some important batteries so they can get back to them the sister of Gamora, Nebula. But Rocket stole one battery and the sovereigns try to kill them, and in the persecution they crash in an unknown planet. There they found a person called Ego and his assistant Mantis. He say he is the father of Peter, but Gamora don't believe it. Anyway the guardians spend a long time in Ego's planet. There Peter was passing time with his father and he discover that Ego killed his mother, so he tried to kill him and the guardians get into the fight against Ego finally killing him making his heart explode. It's a quite good plot that finally reveal a very interesting mystery of the movies of the guardians. Also it was a very good twist in the plot making Ego being the one who kill the mother of Star Lord and showing how he reproduce and left some power in every planet to take control of them.

The cinematography was very good and I like it, but definitely the best thing for me was the soundtrack that have music like from the 80's and I like it a lot. Also the colorful background gives an ownstyle to the movie. The emotional effects were very well done, because in the parts that were made to make people laugh it makes people laugh and the moments made to make people cry it make people cry. The special effects in this movie were very present in the movie because it was set in the space. The only thing I can say about the special effects is that there very good and realistic. Finally for me the best escene is the one where Yondu dies and they make a funeral where the Nova Corps assists and in it the assistant and friend from Yondu cry because of how proud is him about Yondu. I liked a lot the scene because it made me cry and it was something I enjoy seeing Yondu having a respectful death.

In conclusion the movie was very well done and it have a lot of good resources that make it a very enjoyable movie. In a scale from 1 - 10 I give this movie a 10 because this movie have a very own style and is very well executed. I really think the fans have been very happy because how the movie was and all the good scenes this movie have that make the fans get excited. Finally I think this is a really good movie that everyone should see no matter if you are a superhero movie fan or not, because anyway is a very good movie that is very enjoyable for everyone.

By Flavio
September 6, 2018
It`s quite the event when a sequel to a offbeat wierd comedy does equal or even better than it`s predecessor. This movie has soul, humor, and love. It is a amazing what a group of ragtag characters can do with the right direction.
½ September 3, 2018
a bland superhero movie
September 3, 2018
Not as complete as the first one.. but still funny and character strong.
August 27, 2018
GREAT MOVIE its funny when yundo said I'm Marry Poppins YALL
August 25, 2018
Badass movie, whether camera snobs want to admit it or not.
½ August 20, 2018
This straight up garbage HAS to be written by a twelve year old. If not, the director needs to be relieved of his duties at once.
August 19, 2018
A fun and enjoyable movie for the most part but it just doesn't flow as well as the first movie
August 19, 2018
The second as good as the first, because we all had epic expectations. Still very entertaining and a joy to watch. The third, if it is made, is going to be a challenge since they fired the director for 20-year-old garbage, but the writers are still present for the material. So the new director, it's all on him/her to make the third time a charm, but with so much actor disgust, it's going to be a huge climb.
½ August 18, 2018
James Gunn returns to bring us the second instalment in the wildly popular Guardians franchise starring Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Bradley Cooper, Vin Diesel, Karen Gillan and Michael Rooker.

Before I start this review, I should mention that the first Guardians film is my favorite MCU film. I think it's easily the best directed Marvel film and it features in my opinion the most human characters in the MCU.

Vol. 2 expands these characters and gives us even more reasons to love each one of our heroes. It's a totally different movie than the first one and it's all the better for it.

What I love about this film is first and foremost the characters. Everyone gets his or her moment to shine. And Gunn very wisely decides to focus on them and exploring the events that shaped them into the characters they are now.

The story here is a little less tight than the original mainly because the plot sort of happens to the characters once Ego shows up. And it isn't until the final act where it really kicks in. This is also something I adore. Gunn structures his story around his characters and that really works for this film.

It's also extremely funny. Some people have an issue with this saying that the film features to much comedy. I understand where they are coming from but for me it's what makes these characters more human. They make jokes to avoid being hurt and that really resonates with me.

The action is once again spectacular, and the CGI is mostly great. It all build towards an exciting and emotional climax that managed to make me cry.

I recommend this film to everyone, certainly if you're a fan of the franchise and I hope that Vol. 3 can bring this trilogy to a satisfying conclusion.
August 8, 2018
Kind of the same, but since the same was good, I guess this one is too.