Gulliver's Travels Reviews

• Jan 05, 2020

An utterly awful retelling of the Gulliver story with Jack Black at his schtick filled worst. I knew this was going to suck before going in and quit soon after Gulliver's unorthodox method of putting out a fire. It's just too stupid and predictable to bother criticizing in any depth. Suffice to say the makers of this movie have an obnoxious underestimation for the intelligence of the audience and an equally cavalier disregard for comedy.

• Sep 21, 2019

This movie could have been allot better, if only TJ Miller wasn’t casted as one of the side characters. Seriously, all he does is act lazy, and look high, in almost every damn he’s in! As for the protagonist portrayed by Jack Black? He was, “meh”, but I admire him for trying under the circumstances. The visuals look decent half the time, but shoot! They couldn’t be more obvious with the special effects! Most of the cast are hit and miss, so, it is only a one timer. A 4/10

• Jul 23, 2019

Gulliver's Travels has decent special effects, the charisma of Jack Black and some decent jokes every once in a while, one of which is even a reference to the original version of the book, which was an adult-oriented satire on human nature. Yet the juvenile script, rushed feel and having a decent idea that just wasn't executed very well making it easy to see why executives likely put an Ice Age short before the actual film starts so that the movie had a better chance of not bombing. And it worked. Sure, most people want to see Jack Black but I'm sure there are also those who only went to see the film just for the short film. But Gulliver's Travels is still not very good for those outside of the target demographic.

• Apr 25, 2019

With not enough aspirations, it offers entertainment and nothing more.

With not enough aspirations, it offers entertainment and nothing more.

• Apr 12, 2019

Wasn't as good as expected with Jack black but it's a cute little family film with few laughs and fun

• Jan 22, 2019

Best movie ever amazing acting # Jablinski

Best movie ever amazing acting # Jablinski

• Nov 19, 2018

Classic fil. really good and funny film for the whole family, especially your deceased grandmother. would recommend to anyone looking for an absolutely magnificent experience with none other than Jack Black. I almost choked to death of laughing when he mixed redbull and coffee lol Written by Blend Soar 19.11-2018

• Nov 10, 2018

Such an annoying and unfunny way to modernize a classic tale.

Such an annoying and unfunny way to modernize a classic tale.

• Aug 28, 2018

best movie ever made

best movie ever made

• Jul 14, 2018

The live action Gullivers travels movie was kind of okay but everything in the film was not all that perfect. Still Jack black did a great job which I have to admit. I thought it was a funny movie when it came out. It's not as funny as it was back when i first saw it but it was still kind of okay.