Gumby Dharma - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Gumby Dharma Reviews

½ January 31, 2014
One of my favorite movies
½ August 22, 2012
The interesting documentary of the life of the creator of Gumby & his name is Art Clokey, what an interesting life he leads.

It began how his early childhood & his passion for clay he had & how Gumby was birthed. I personally found the personal life of Art fascinating his broken home childhood, Christian upbringing then Indian & Buddists pursuits & sadly the suicide of his daughter.

It always show cases the worlds love for Gumby & it's revival in the 1980's...a simple but effective doco that is quite low key but well worth a watch especially if you wondered how the green man started.
October 2, 2008
Honestly, not a particularly skillful doc, but learning about the uniqueness of Clokey's life -- and seeing his artsy first film -- makes it worth viewing.
September 30, 2008
An amazing view into the life of the creator of Gumby and Pokey. I never knew about this man, Art Clokey. His life is an incredible story filled with serious sadness and beautiful spirituality. We see his life from the beginning and hear from those inspired by his work. His creations even help with narration so it has lots of humor as well. It has a short running time but this film (released in 2006) enscapsulates Clokey's enitire life, his journeys and all his films. A great gem found on cable telebision.
September 27, 2008
Odd documentary about the life of Art Clokey - the creator of Gumby. The story of Clokey's life takes some unexpected turns, though the film never feels as comprehensive as it should, leaving the sense that there was more to the events than it was saying. Interesting, but cheesy at times - I could have done without the interviews with Gumby and Pokey.
September 26, 2008
great doc about one of my faves
September 26, 2008
Am I the only Gumby/Davy and Goliath fan there is?
September 18, 2008
I love gumby cartoons so this was an interesting look at the man who brought them to life.