Gumby: The Movie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Gumby: The Movie Reviews

½ April 1, 2010
A claying-funny animation movie that kids will watch again again. (90% fresh)
October 27, 2009
Don't you love these old films! Gumby rocks and thats all that needs to be said!
September 18, 2009
I liked this one although the storyline isn't the greatest. Brought back memories. Gee Pokey, ya think we'll get to the fair on time?
July 20, 2009
I loved gumby cause I watched it as a child. Its adorable, innocent. although its extremely corny.
½ May 17, 2009
I loved this movie when I was younger. I saw clips of it on youtube recently and it brought back memories. it was as funny and entertaining as it was years ago.
December 18, 2008
I liked it, but I prefer the whole version and not the director's cut version.
December 9, 2008
My grandpa's last film before he had a stroke, has great fan service, and it was made in 97 not 57, otherwise the camera used would be state of the art.
August 11, 2008
Ew. This film is bad. It has a poxy storyline surrounding a dog that cries pearls. What a shambles.
July 26, 2008
gumby not just any green slab of clay
½ July 26, 2008
This feature film retains the look and feel of the kids' claymated television show. It's delightful the games that can be played when animation need not be shackled by the constraints of reality. In an amusing early scene, Pokey gets hit by two other clay characters a little too hard, and the three turn into a big mixed up multicolored ball of clay. It takes special surgery to separate them apart. And that's the endearing quality of Gumby; he and his world isn't an animated representation of something in real life they are the animation. They really are made out of clay. This charmingly awkward antidote to today's super-slick computer animation may test your cuteness tolerance. Although the action is slow by contemporary wham-bam standards, the drama eventually picks up as the kooky plot complications pile up.
July 13, 2008
Who doesn't like Gumby?
April 13, 2008
It's Gumby, for God's sake. What more needs to be said?
March 21, 2008
I did not really like this movie.
February 4, 2008
fan of the show...fan of the film! nautral isn't it?!!!
January 28, 2008
Wonderful childrens stop motion film. Gumby has alwasy been one of the most creative and surreal childrens programs.
August 14, 2007
I used to love this when I was a kid. Not anymore.
June 13, 2007
A 1995 film exactly like the show with new characters and clever paradies of Star Wars, King Arthur, etc... A straight childrens movie.
June 3, 2007
I love love love Gumby. <3
September 24, 2006
Momentos inolvidables de la infancia. Gumby Rulez!!!