Gun - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Gun Reviews

December 13, 2012
good flick.... 50 did his thing in this movie....
½ December 11, 2012
71%

"You want to make it to the next level? Keep your shit out of the papers!"-Gabriella (AnnaLynne McCord)

I am by no means a 50 cent fan, but the gun, the GUN could stop The Hulk. Of course, 50 weilds it like a 22. cal. I swear, this is the last 50 pesos movie, I'm going to watch.
½ January 13, 2012
was a pretty good movie. Lots of guns and shooting with a good story-line. 50 cent player the part well.
November 12, 2011
A sharp, tense and explosive crime-thriller. It has a full clip of action, suspense and intense characters. Curtis Jackson and Val Kilmer are terrific, these guys work well together in their projects and bring alot of strength to their characters.
August 19, 2011
This movie sucks so much. 50 cent should just stay a rapper, only a few rappers are good at acting but not him. This movie is so pointless with no good action until the end and the story is so stupid.
August 11, 2011
Feels prick-like to say it, but GUN is just completely forgettable. Shot in my city and I still didn't give a fuck. This one will flow right through you. Although, it WAS good to see John Larraquette on celluloid again. Pass for sure.
½ July 29, 2011
Curtis Jackson, is an infant. All this gun play gives me a headache. If you can't act, don't. Poor, Val Kilmer, John Larroquette and James Remar. Legendary actors in such drivel.
½ June 15, 2011
50 Cent mumbles through lines, and Val Kilmer continues to show his below average acting skills. The movie isn't all that bad, but it can get a bit tedious due to the mumbling dialogue.
April 10, 2011
Ah it was alrigth wasnt the best movie in the world B movie all the way thow had alot of guns in it thow big mothers
½ April 5, 2011
Not one of his best movies, but it was suspenseful, and kept you guessing what's next.
April 3, 2011
Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson continues to prove he has no business being in the movies. This time around, he serves as producer and writer as well. A decent supporting cast (including a disinterested-looking Val Kilmer) and some stylish direction can't save the incredibly dull, derivative story.
March 26, 2011
Very short film with a very unoriginal and pointless plot simply revolving around Kilmer getting out of prison and getting friendly again with an old friend (sort of) in 50cent and his ruthless gang, from then on they gun run together whilst Kilmer is relaying info to the cops to get himself freed from jail for good.

The whole film is one big typical cliche and frankly not much of a good example for young black boys, I really dunno why people continue to glamorise gang/rap culture as it does give the younger generation, mainly black, the wrong idea. In this we see, as usual, a cliched black gang gunning down other gang members to the sounds of horrendous rap music which of course is about violence and guns  ::) is this really needed?

Curtis Jackson (50) is a poor actor and to be honest Kilmer doesn't do much better inbetween the mindless banter from cops and gangsters, the whole thing is just a complete waste of time and as said an advert for gang culture and guns! the question is what has happened to Kilmers career and why reward these 'rap artists' with film roles that do nothing accept give black males a bad image (unless they are rich rappers of course).
March 21, 2011
This is terrible. Unoriginal tripe
February 15, 2011
it was ok. better than what i expected. 50 is really trying to act & he's doing a decent job. grade:c+
½ February 14, 2011
Rapper 50 Cent as a gangester, DVD Val Kilmer as an ex convict, guest star Danny Trejo as "GUESS WHAT", a 90210 chick, intense gun battles, an agressive sex scene and gangester rap by the man himself as the movie soundtrack. For a 50 Cent/Val Kilmer striaght to DVD action flick, it scores. I donot have to say if you are looking for a rich dialogue, a deep plot and classy filmmaking,look elsewhere; the movie is titled "Gun" for God`s sake so it is amazing that it has a story. OH did I mention that it is written by Curtis"50 Cent" Jackson HIMSELF.

*SPOILER* after their masterpiece "Streets of Blood" it is the second movie in a raw where Kilmer`s character shoots 50 Cent`s character at the end of the movie; just cannot wait for the third act!!!
January 22, 2011
Solid movie! Buy or rent, not for everyone. A solid movie that shows real societal problems!!
January 20, 2011
It's really sad to see Val Kilmer on such a bad movie. Despite the fact that he is not considered an A lelev Start I was always considering him as very cool. Gun is about guns, drugs and crime. 50cent's acting is...at the same level as his rap skills - meaning below average but he acts like the movie is about his reality (no shit!). The best thing about this movie apart from Val Kilmer who is cool anyway (personal preference) is Annalynne McCord...OMG she is hot!
January 17, 2011
Not bad for a direct-to-dvd Val Kilmer flick co-starring and written by 50 Cent. It's a kinda gangsta take on Julius Caesar, that climaxes with the obvious exposition and betrayal. Lots of grandstanding and chest puffing with soft action shoot 'em up violence, but if yer in the mood for something cheap and easy Gun is entertaining enough. Plus, I dig the supporting roles from James Remar and John Larroquette. VF.
½ January 17, 2011
A short stupid title for a short stupid film.

The big gun at end looks so cheap.