Guncrazy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Guncrazy Reviews

March 7, 2014
When a class assignment calls for the students to have pen pals, Anita (Drew Barrymore) begins corresponding with an intimate, Howard Hickock (James LeGros) in a California prison. Their exchanges grow from friendship into passion while Anita develops a newfound self-confidence to fight back against her abusive guardian.

When Howard is finally released from prison, he and Anita get married and confess to each other their darkest secrets. But later that night, the two soul-mates are bonded by a crime that will seal their fates forever. With Howard's parole officer and the local sheriff now suspicious, the two hit the road... on the run from the law. A final gun battle between the two lovers and a brigade of police officers forces one of them into the ultimate sacrifice... and sealing their love for eternity.

also stars Billy Drago, Joe Dallesandro, Rodney Harvey, Michael Ironside, Ione Skye, Billy Bates and Ray Bickel.

directed by Tamara Davis.
½ April 19, 2013
I love Drew Barrymore. I remember this being not bad and remember being impressed with Tamara Davis as a director.
½ May 17, 2012
edgy is a term that pertains to certain points in this film. dark and disgusting, keeps me drawn in but lack of reality pushes me away. i can see myself watching one or two more times in my lifetime. although now i know the end and there are truly no surprises in store for the viewer. just bland overall.
April 13, 2012
not her best, but i still like it.
½ May 6, 2011
I loved this movie when I saw it on TV a few years ago, but then I saw similar movies that were way better than this one. Well, at least this one has an awesome performance from Drew Barrymore. It's like a teenage version of a Bonnie and Clyde type story. I'd like to watch it again sometime.
September 29, 2010
Anita (Drew Barrymore), abandoned by her mother and living with her mother's alcoholic, rapist ex-boyfriend, fulfills her geography class assignment by finding her pen-pal Howard (James LeGros), not in Japan or Brazil, but in the Chino, California prison yard. As their letter writing blossoms, so does their love, and the time for his parole is shortly due. They make plans to meet in person; when they do, she finds him a job, they draw closer physically and psychologically, and decide to cement their union by embarking on a crime spree.

also stars Billy Drago, Joe Dallesandro, Rodney Harvey, Michael Ironside, Ione Sky, Billy Bates and Ray Bickel.

directed by Tamra Davis
½ February 25, 2010
Los 90s tienen un monton de estas especie de Road Movie, con parejas de adolecentes profugos al mejor estilo Dorian Gray, bien pese a no ser una maravilla esta pequenia pelicula destaca entre ellas, principalmente por ser de los mas fieles exponentes de esa etapa del genero, mas alla de que sea una pelicula que hoy Atrasa.
October 2, 2009
Drew Barrymore was still sooo young when she made this movie, only 17.. But she still did a great job. In the beginning everything was a bit slowly but it became better. The story is really heavy.. But the movie itself is pretty good!
deano
½ July 23, 2009
This little Bonnie and Clyde imitation is rather cheap, tawdry, and nearly unpredictable. It needed a lot of improving, and more character to the story.
June 5, 2009
Anita is a high-school girl who frequently allows random boys and men to have sex with her, and is frequently raped by her absentee mother's boyfriend. As part of a school assignment Anita takes up correspondence with a lonely young prison inmate, whose letters stir up dormant desires for violence and guns. After buying herself a firearm, Anita convinces her mother's boyfriend to teach her how to use it, and, after he rapes her again, shoots him to death and hides the body. She then sets about getting her new "boyfriend" out of jail and to her, where she slowly drags him with her on her downward spiral of sex, violence, and murder for the sake of murder.
May 22, 2009
Sick movie. Drew Barrymore looks hot nevertheless and acted pretty fine wrt to her age back then - just that script never held the plot..
March 28, 2009
Probably doesn't even touch the original classic, but not bad for a "B" movie.
shesdownbytheriver
February 24, 2009
No thankyou - Not interested
½ February 8, 2009
Not the greatest of Bonnie & Clydeesque movies around, the direction can't decide on who the audience should feel for or what level of problem induced violence is acceptable.
September 8, 2008
Like the seed that grew into Natural Born Killers...
July 26, 2008
Guncrazy isn't quite the Bonnie and Clyde movie which it probably tries to be. It somehow lacks the creditability. Nothing about this is kinda sound. It just does not reach what I am supposed the makers of this film meant it to turn into. This had the incredients of turning into something even remotely original, but it never does. Now, there's trailer park trash, bibles and guns in the first act. You don't need no to be a particular rocket surgeon to figure out what will take place in the third act. While Drew belongs to the Mikko's Babes Hall of Fame, she would not end up there if the judgement was made based on this flick. She can't turn on the jailbird boyfriend of his, and she doesn't do it to me either. But, Drew, if you read this, don't take it too hard. I'd do you anyhow.
July 22, 2008
Good background movie and nothing more.
July 3, 2008
Drew Barrymore gives a great performance in this otherwise terrible drama. Skip it.
½ June 27, 2008
unfortunately it has the look and feel of a video premiere. could have been better, there is sonic youth on the soundtrack.
June 2, 2008
this one was pretty good, one of drew barrymore's best, give it a go