Gunsmoke: Return to Dodge Reviews

Nov 09, 2009

Definitely NOT as good as the TV show

Definitely NOT as good as the TV show

• Sep 28, 2009

I'm a big fan of the show and I was glad to see the people still alive return for this movie. Matt is now retired from being the Marshall and Newly (Buck Taylor) now runs things. But Dillon is forced out retirement when old enemy gunslinger Mannon (Steve Forrest) gets of prison and comes hunting for revenge. This was the first of 5 Gunsmoke made for tv movies. Miss Kitty (Amanda Blake) returns and the chemistry with Arness is still there even though she spends most of the movie telling the back story of this feud through flashbacks. It's no masterpiece, but if your fan of the show this one is worth checking out. I can't say that I found the following 4 movies to be worthwhile though. Just don't watch this movie expecting a great script.

• Oct 05, 2008

This is my favorite out of the Gunsmoke movies. You got to see James Arness, Amanda Blake, and Buck Taylor agine. Sitll it didt stand up to what I thought it would be.

• Sep 18, 2005

Retired Marshal Matt Dillon returns back to his zealous law ways to thwart his ruthless rival who is unfettered from prison.